1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Laenaya

Laenaya Chieftain

There is a bug I think with subdued animals. I can't let them sleep in the city. They have no abilities at all when entering the city. I can't butcher them like I used to be able to. I can't make herds of them or do anything at all. They don't have strength either, so all they can do is sleep 24/7. Is it because I'm still in prehistoric era? I'm pretty far into the era, and getting close to horse taming. But why can't I do anything at all with subdued animals? I last played a year or so ago, and there was tons I could do with them. Is my download bugged or something? Because literally I put the subdued animal in a city and I can't even let them sleep, no ability comes up or anything. So I have a ton of animals all around the city waiting to do something. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I could at least butcher them, but even that ability is gone.

Thanks for any help :)

(edit: This is the SVN version btw, the latest)

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Diseases are still yet to be developed for that system.

The strategic goals of the weapons systems (as a part of equipment) is to vary the benefits of different options. This will allow you to focus the abilities of your units in a manner that is more RPG ish almost. It's not just strategy but preference ... do they do more damage but aren't as accurate? Do they hit more often but slow your unit and make it more likely to be hit? Would you prefer heavier armor at the cost of units that can't move as many tiles in a round? Are you equipped with the best quality versions of the equipment you have? Do you rely on an equipment choice so much as to be willing to spend a great engineer on making that particular piece of equipment something your civ can produce of legendary quality? Are you flinging stones from your catapult that are lighter but worked to perfection for accuracy or large roughshod things that cause lots more damage to the walls when they strike if you ever can, or are you sending dead bodies over the walls to create disease where they land?

Things like that.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Please report that in the bug thread but it seems to be all subdued animals does it? That may guide one of us to figuring out a fix.

4. Laenaya

Laenaya Chieftain

Thanks :) I first posted in SVN thread, but then deleted that post and made one here since I saw it had to do with subdued animals. I posted the details in the bug thread :)

5. Dr. Elephant

Dr. Elephant Warlord

I'm back, sorry for the long inactivity, with work and University, the lasts moths have been busy.

What I have missed?

PS: If you want, I can still work with my ideas of animals (Palaeoloxodon, Toxodon, Coelodonta and Diprotodon) but I will need an moment to fully understand how gmax12 work.

dilophosaur likes this.
  6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Cool! You're welcome to help! We just released v38 so the timing is good really.

7. Andrew Hirst

Andrew Hirst Chieftain

another animal i would suggest is gigantopithecus blacki to give the Asia biome a bit more extinct kick, granted it went extinct a bit earlier than most of the other animals but not so early it could not have had human contact

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Dr. Elephant, dilophosaur and tmv like this.
  9. Dr. Elephant

Dr. Elephant Warlord

Perfectly agree, somes humans could have view them, and Erectus (I wish they could be added too, as an NPC) have, clearly, cohabited with them for an important time.
    The problem with it (I learned it my studies) is that in most of it representation it was bipedal, or in view of it size and weight, it was more «probably» limited to an quadrupedal life, as it was simply too heavy to stand on his feets for long.

10. DC0

DC0 Prince

"Our hunter has subdued and settled Deer. In <city name> food and hummers, Deer".
    I got this rare outcome of hunter actions. What is supposed result? Should I get in <city name> a Special building called Herd, Deer? Should I get a deer map resource near <city name>?
    I'm asking because I got neither. I've checked next turn, too.

Update:
    I got it. Result is a Deer resource on map, but exactly on the spot where Deer was tamed.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

As intended. The food and hammers still goes to that indicated city, which is why the city was indicated. Notice the period ending the statement after "Our hunter has subdued and settled Deer."

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

All herd animals including poultry have a small chance of becoming a bonus on the map. It is made smaller because it wont happen on a plot that has any resource in it even if you can't see the resource. It also wont happen "near" an existing bonus of that type. Can't remember how we defined "near", I think it is within two plots of an existing bonus of that type.

We have thought of doing something similar for the other animals but it is very low priority.

13. DC0

DC0 Prince

Confusion is caused by phrase "In <city name> food and hummers, Deer". In fact no Deer goes to city.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah. that's a bit confusing. Would be best to remove the reference to the animal in that sentence.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is done in the dll. However you get "subdued deer" if you get a capture a deer. So perhaps it should be "In <city name> food and hummers. On map Deer bonus."

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Do you happen to know what the TXT_KEY reference is?

17. Dr. Elephant

Dr. Elephant Warlord

Since I have some free times recently, I have find somes interesting things.

notably this one: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/morocco-early-human-fossils-anthropology-science/

I have try gmax, as you have recommended, but when I start it, it ask for an User code, and direct me to an site that look not affiliad (though it was 3D modelling), so what I have to do?

So since «technically» we can go so far as 300,000 BC (which was 100,000 years more than the starting date), that unlock some possibilities for animals, do I have to dig in that way too?

PS: In my last session at University, I have assembled somes interesting PDF talking about Naledi, Neanderthals, Erectus, Denisova and Floriensis (if I remember correctly), notably theirs skeleton and morphology. Someone knows in which sub-forum they could be useful?

PSS: If you always need an good model for Gigantopithecus, I may have found one interesting: http://zt2downloadlibrary.wikia.com/wiki/Gigantopitecus_(Burnt_Gecko)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  18. Dr. Elephant

Dr. Elephant Warlord

I don't know if new animals are in the work, at this moment, but I have found some animals pack that could add more to the game, notably (for example) Norwegian Lemming, Sea Mink, Flying Squirrel and Greater Mouse-eared Bat. Do they could be useful?

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I like having some small game for those early wanderers to have a chance to catch. Those sound pretty... exotic. I'd like to have squirrels and bats. But of course, every animal that gets placed into the game needs to be processed through to completion and that includes myths and so on and it would be nice if we had a full list of steps that should be taken and where things should be added.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There are about 8 animals still to be added. I am putting together some code to make the XML rather than writing it myself.

Squirrels! Now THAT is an exotic animal.

raxo2222 likes this.