• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Succession game anyone?

Yeah this game isall but won :)
Pity about the lack of evil Civs - if I did it again id probably go for entirely evil/good leaders or ban some religions

Any interest in this game type for another one (http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2356)?
Basic setup: every time through the full turn set we switch civilizations and/or leaders by editing the wb file.
I think it'd be fun as a perpy game where the Civ swaps (though that nessecitates EitB).
/Off-topic

Yeah take the wonders, then capitulation after that slug it out with basium or ljolsofar.

Already done I just have not posted yet.

Attachments

• Q AD-0320.CivBeyondSwordSave
    493.3 KB · Views: 37
Not that exciting turn.

I built the tower of alternation before the palace since the palace would remove two manas needed.

I defeated the Hippus and the Sheaim. I lost some units attacking the Hippus capital but after that I did not loose more.

We look very strong right now.

I still think we should relax and win a mastery victory. We will need water and fire mana for the tower of elements. Then build a tower of necromancy and end with a tower of divination once we have arcane lore so we make take strength of spirit for free. We can save up massive amounts of gold to be able to finish the tower of mastery on one or two turns.

Did we not have a metamagic mage somewhere?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    451.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Civ4ScreenShot0034.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Civ4ScreenShot0037.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0037.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Civ4ScreenShot0036.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0036.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Civ4ScreenShot0039.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0039.JPG
    489.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 66
  • Civ4ScreenShot0042.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0042.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 46
Looks very nice, Folket! I will work on this tonight. Main goals: reinforce, peace with everyone, setup for tower win, spread religion.

That is a very interesting setup, Q! I would want an impartial lurker to make the changes for us so we don't spoil the game. Isn't there a game option where we take control of the weakest Civ every few turns? Akatosh had an interesting thought on a spiritual game as well. Either way, we need more evil for sure.

Fire we have to the north west right?
Looks good otherwise - I'm pretty sure someone has AL - if ljol we should trade.

Yeah the high to low option works as well, but there's already been a SG about that and I suppose I'm just more interested in the overpowered results of (for example) warrens + GM.
We could get someone to alter it each set, but I know I for one can pop into WB and save without revealing anything (or getting one of my flatmates to do it for me) and then the editing doesn't reveal anything unless you look for it.

An ascension game could be fun too...

I am cool with any of the ideas for the next SG. If we think this game is won, maybe we should actually go to longer turnsets so we can go ahead and close this one out.

I forgot to check how close we are to a domination victory, with Chalid that might actually be the quickest approach.

Hmm, attack the mercurians anyway, while teching for ToM.

I like peaceful victories. I vote for just relaxing and building.

Ok game log:

We have the population for a domination win, and occupy 38% of the land (62% needed). After our culture fills up, we should be at 50% or so without attacking.

Took all of Hippus' mana (life/nature) and furs, and gave him gold, copper and iron in return.

I fix the deals we have with Ljo. I stop giving her iron(wtf??) and make a new trade that gets us Deer, Sheep, Wine and 19gpt. I want at least a few short turns of not having to worry about her attacking, so I sign a defensive pact.

A new vote comes up in the Overcouncil...it looks like we banned Death mana? Um...ok I guess we don't want a tower win after all? I tried to undo it with another vote, but the others all vote to ban it again. Tower win is now only possible if we leave the Overcouncil.

We lose out on the hammer guild and city of slums to Ljo.

Order has been spread to Basium, hopefully he turns good so we can negotiate with him later.

I spread Empyrean temples to almost all of our lands.

We now have metamagic, soon to have fire, law and an extra sun. There are 2 more nodes left to claim. Re-purpose our extra spirit mana for something else.

Just started summer palace in Renegade hill...seems like a decent place for it.

Eaca revolted again. I beefed it up with some mercs and a temple.

I suggest we go 10/10 sci and culture for a while. We don't need a lot a tech, but we do need some culture to fill in the gaps. Speaking of, I think any remaining cities we settle should be purposely for getting a domination victory...that means no overlap. :p

Most of our army is in the northwest border.

Fun stuff for you: I didn't touch Cordi's upgrades, he should have some by now. I suggest metamagic. A new barb city popped up in the western lands, wait till its got 2 pop and take it. There is also a dungeon to explore. Oh, and there is a hidden spider in the eastern lands.

Attachments

• Q AD-0330.CivBeyondSwordSave
    490.2 KB · Views: 44
  • ljo pact.JPG
    ljo pact.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 162
I think we should get spirit 3 on Cordi. It will improve our chances not to have to fight any more wars. Also it might negate the diplo hit from leaving the overcouncil. We should stockpile money and two great people. Start a golden age and leave the overcouncil. Build the tower of necromancy within 10 turns (easy with gold). Then switch back. Stockpile massive amount of money while slowbuilding the tower of divination.

If I remember correctly everyone will declare war on us once we can (or start) building the tower of mastery. But it might be easier just to let Cordi die to make peace again.

While I don't really want to war anymore, if we do I suggest only taking a couple of cities (ice town) to shave their power a bit. There are no settled angel cities right now and we don't need golems. The battle won't be easy, as many of our troops have religion and will join the angels when they die.

Yeah this game isall but won :)
Pity about the lack of evil Civs - if I did it again id probably go for entirely evil/good leaders or ban some religions

Any interest in this game type for another one (http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2356)?
Basic setup: every time through the full turn set we switch civilizations and/or leaders by editing the wb file.
I think it'd be fun as a perpy game where the Civ swaps (though that nessecitates EitB).
/Off-topic

Yeah take the wonders, then capitulation after that slug it out with basium or ljolsofar.

Well I said I'd be in over on RB, so you can count me in here too.

Fire we have to the north west right?
Looks good otherwise - I'm pretty sure someone has AL - if ljol we should trade.

Yeah the high to low option works as well, but there's already been a SG about that and I suppose I'm just more interested in the overpowered results of (for example) warrens + GM.
We could get someone to alter it each set, but I know I for one can pop into WB and save without revealing anything (or getting one of my flatmates to do it for me) and then the editing doesn't reveal anything unless you look for it.

I think I was in that one, Fall from Heaven High to Low of a few years ago, over in the main SG forum, correct? Ichabod ran that one, good times.

Edit: Q, notify me over at RB when this starts please. I don't come to CFC too much at the moment (though for a game I'll be regular).

Sure.

Looking back it was probably me who banned death mana - but I thought that just stopped you using/taking the
spell?

...no overlap.
*Twitch*
None?!?
But...overlap good!

;)

as uneventful as possible...almost. Did not bother myself with DoW to beeri/basium...wanted to settle some cities and to see percentages first....we're approximately 15% from domination victory

Still, something happened:

we're officially overcouncil leaders...
Spoiler :

A minor trade...
Spoiler :

no thanx

Spoiler :

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0340.CivBeyondSwordSave
    487.4 KB · Views: 53
Oh good, we are on top of the scoreboard again!

Let's remember to check if Ljo has a defensive pact with Beeri/Basium before declaring.

Wow, everybody's on the Overcouncil? Let's go tower of mastery and close this one out. We have the nodes. We can leave Overcouncil, build Tower of Necromancy, and rejoin if needed.

Spirit 3 and Meta 2 on Corlindale. If we get to archmages, get one with Life 3 so we can chain resurrect Corlindale and peacelock our enemies if needed.

We thought we stacked the deck to have more evil players...didn't work out that way. To solidify our peace, we can call a vote to sign defensive pacts with everyone.

Top Bottom