Succession Game Open: Need Three Players

I don't think the level affects pop adversely - it just doesn't give you the edge the AI has. My cities tend to be low in pop because I focus on mines. I'm not sure if this is the best approach.

1290: I made some adjustments - started building workers in all the captured cities, a courthouse in Sidon (future site of the FP), and mobilized.

1295: Sardis falls. We take New Ulundi, the last of the Zulus' unconnected cities. With ww increasing, luxuries are raised to 20%.

1300: The Babs take Sardis, now lost for good. China shells our coast, so India and Babylon declare war.

1305: We take Umtata, with its coal deposits.

1310: Babylon cancels our MPP. We cancel the ROP, but do nothing as Babylon ignores it.

1315: We make peace with China for 120 gold and a territory map - they border India on the south, and are the largest civ! We trade India dyes, coal and 70 gold for industrialization. A factory is rushed in Susa, and begun in Persepolis (and later, elsewhere).

1320: We make peace with the Zulus for their world map - Japan is north of India, and a little bigger than China! It's becoming more clear that our ultimate rivals will come from that continent. We start building universities. Most of our new workers build rr in Susa and Sidon - the rest start to connect our country. Our two peace treaties leave the entire world furious with us.

1335: We trade Japan coal for 29gpt, and rush the courthouse in Sidon.

1345: China and India end their war, which is good for us - we want India alive and vibrant, preventing either Japan or China from dominating their continent. (All three are democracies.) Babylon sends infantry against the Zulus - the rest of the world has replacement parts.

1350-1385: We focus strictly on infrastructure. Babylon and Zululand keep fighting over Tugela and Amatikulu; one's a monarchy, the other's in communism. Chinese vessels shell Babylon. This stalemate is what we wanted - both these civs start to fall behind the other continent in research.

1390: We will build the ToE in two turns, so we trade scientific method to China for corporation, furs, and 25gpt; to India for replaceable parts; and to Japan for espionage and 250 gold. (Babylon and Zululand have nothing to offer.) The furs allow us to put the luxury slider at zero. We start building the Intelligence Agency in Persepolis. The FP will be built in 21 turns, but that number keeps shrinking as we lay down more rr on its tiles. We are ranked third in all major categories, but are tied for the lead in tech before we even build the ToE!

1395: Tasks that need to be addressed are linking the rubber resource near Tarsus, and the incense near Hamadan. We may also want to rush a hydro plant in Susa once we pick up electronics, the quicker to build Hoover's, but we don't need to. And it's probably a good idea to start upgrading our defensive units to infantry, although we'll be pretty safe once the whole country is linked by rail. I would suggest continuing to build workers in the east until we build the FP, since their cities are corrupt, but that's debatable, too.

Excellent, Txurce! Can you post a pic? What I've been doing is, uploading the pic, then tacking on the pic name to the URL for the 'uploads2' page. This works, but I can't figur out how to correctly link uploaded saved games.

Dojoboy, I uploaded two pics into file2. One's called "The Persian industrial core.jpg," and the other is called "FP and the corrupt east.jpg." But I don't know how to create links to them here.

Pigumon, I forgot to switch Persepolis from building a bank to building the Inteeligence Agency. I think it's worth building, but it's up to you.

Originally posted by Txurce
Dojoboy, I uploaded two pics into file2. One's called "The Persian industrial core.jpg," and the other is called "FP and the corrupt east.jpg." But I don't know how to create links to them here.

I'll try.

Didn't work.

Here is what you need to do, go back and change the file name by removing all spaces; no spaces. Then, in a thread, use the [http://] feature located in the box below the message icons when posting a reply. First type in whatever you want the link to be named. Hit okay. Next, it asks for the URL. Here, tye in http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/ and tack on the new jpg file name. It should work.

Good job, guys.

I am happy to hear that we are getting TOE. We need to Atomic Theory and Electronics, right?
I prefer to get Hoover Dam, since all our cities are on one continent and it makes us fight without causing delay in research. Both Zulu and Babylons are furious to us, they will declare war on us sooner or later. So that upgrading to infantry and getting Hoover are on the same line, I think.

FP will push us forward. So we can keep our lead in techs.
I will build Intelligence Agency, though I do not use spy often and I am not familiar with it.

About uploading>
The server automatically change "space" to "_", so paste the file name with "_" instead of "space" after "upload2/" should work.

But I can not find your sav file, dojoboy.

Pigumon, I agree that spies are good only to monitor the space race and to investigate cities you intend to attack. Agreed on atomic theory and Hoover's - which can be built in Susa as well.

Pigumon, I emailed you the save file, as well as to Dojoboy. Do you have it?

Originally posted by Txurce

[URL]www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/The_Persian_industrial_core.jpg

I'll keep working on these!

Txurce, they work when I type ".jpg" at the end of the URL, in the window, after I click on them. Go back and add ".jpg" to the URLs.

edited Actually, you've got ".jpg" there, its just there is [/URL on the end which is killing the link.

Got the saved game and it opens fine. Later, I'll look at it more closely and posts any questions or ideas that may come up, if Pigumon hasn't started yet. BTW, I thought you said we traded (sold scientific method) for Corporation. In the save, we don't have it.

Originally posted by Pigumon
Good job, guys.

I am happy to hear that we are getting TOE. We need to Atomic Theory and Electronics, right?
I prefer to get Hoover Dam, since all our cities are on one continent and it makes us fight without causing delay in research. Both Zulu and Babylons are furious to us, they will declare war on us sooner or later. So that upgrading to infantry and getting Hoover are on the same line, I think.

FP will push us forward. So we can keep our lead in techs.
I will build Intelligence Agency, though I do not use spy often and I am not familiar with it.

Definitely, sounds good. I always go for AT & Electronics after the ToE, mucho dinero.

Originally posted by Pigumon

But I can not find your sav file, dojoboy.

I couldn't either when I went back. Do saved games have to be zipped? I uploaded it just as it said. Maybe I should just leave the name as it is, rather than changing it. But, when it changes a file name, how does it? Surely it would be recognizable. Boy, I'm ignorant!

Txurce>
I got your sav file, and I could open it. But as dojoboy posted, it lacks the feature of your work of last turn. We do not have Corporation or Espionage. Did you play until 1390 or 1395? The save file is 1390 and lacking some of the features.
Could you send correct one to me again?

Dojoboy, Pigumon, and anyone else: my pics can now be seen in their full glory, a few posts up this thread. Thanks for your patience (and my own).

Pigumon, I've just emailed you and Dojoboy a proper save, with all deals completed as reported, and the Intelligence Agency being built in Persepolis. I must have saved after moving, rather than after my post-move deals.

I played until 1390. My 1395 notes were to start a discussion, but we're all on the same boat. Good luck!

Txurce>
Somehow, I could not get attached sav file. It was html file instead of sav, though file size looked same as first one.

Could you send me again?

I just sent it, and was able to open what I sent you. I have no idea how a .sav file turned into an .html one. It's also pretty sad that it took me two hours to play my turn and write it up, and nine hours plus to get it to you!

Txurce>
Thank you.
Against your suggestion, first attachment was sav file and second (last) one was html file.
I have no idea what happened, but I think I can play it tonight. (I am at work now, so I can not verify the file)

Sorry for delay. I have finished my turn.

There were couple of issues to discuss before starting my turn, but I think this is a succession game, not discussion game. So I just went ahead where I wanted to go.

1400AD Built TOE. I would like to trade this free techs and catch up in techs. After we get FP, I thought we can keep up with other Civs in tech race. So, I traded AT for: China (Democracy, Communism, 250G and 118gpt), Japan (Free Artistry, 120G and 63gpt).
Raised Science (0-9-1), we still had 100+ gpt income. Started researching Steel (10 turn).
1410AD Rush Factory in Uruk. I like to have Iron Works here.
1420AD Peace between Babylon-China.
1430AD Japan researched Refining. Built IA in Persepolis.
1445AD Researched Steel. Traded for : Japan (Refining, Sanitation and 15gpt), China (890G and 5gpt). Started researching Combustion (10 turn).
1455AD Traded dye with China for 25gpt.
1465AD Peace between Babylon-Zulu.
1470AD Built FP in Sidon. Rushed libraries in surrounding cities.
1480AD Peace between India-Zulu.
1490AD Researched Combustion. Started research Mass Production (6 turn). Traded Combustion for fur, 20G and 98gpt with China. I forgot to check other civs first, and the other civs had nothing to offer.

We have 2 turns for Hoover and Iron Works, 6 turns for researching new tech. We can build university everywhere and focus on space race. Or, we can research Motorized Transportation, make a lot of tanks and conquer our continent, since both Zulu and Babylons are backward in techs.

Last save is MacSuccession1490.zip
Enjoy!

Got it, I'll play tomorrow and post. After Wednesday, I'll be away from my mac until Saturday. I'll still check the boards from my sister's PC.

Good job, Pigumon! I, too, like Iron Works. So what about a victory condition? Space Race or domination? Can we shoot for both and see what happens, or just war when attacked? If Japan and China go for space, the s/r could get exciting. We may have to take out some capitals.

Pigumon, I think the main point of playing a succession game is to discuss our respective perspectives, as opposed to a solo game, where the only commentary you get is when you ask a specific question. But that's beside the point - excellent round. I believe in trading just about any tech, as long as I'm getting value. We did great on that front - we have enough gold to probably keep research at 90 or 100 the rest of the way... and the Iron Works is a nice bonus. I would have taken more gold, if possible, and skipped democracy, communism and free artistry, since we don't have any real use for those. (That's discussion!)

We will definitely win the space race, given where we are right now. Dojoboy, you could start to conquer our continent for the hell of it, even as we go for space. Or, we could make the game more interesting and build a 9/10 ss as victory insurance, while we set about trying to win by domination before someone else launches. I'm open to any approach.

I won't be able to access this thread until Sunday night, but feel free to leave me plenty of advice and recommendations as to what to do on my turn.

Have fun, Dojoboy.

dojoboy>
For victory condition, I do not have particular preference. Space race would be the closest one, I think. But if you want to go domination, that is fine for me.

Txurce>
What I wanted to say was we do not have to ask every issues. I might have to ask about selling AT or not. Also, I was not sure about raising science rate or not. But I just went forward.

I should have got more gold than getting Communism or Free Artistry. But I did not think that option at the time of play. This is a good point of discussion!!

Have good holidays!

Top Bottom