Succession Game: The Chinese

The Greeks know about iron-working. Cos when I was messing around with the diplo screen with the Greeks, the only tech they want fr us is mysticsm.

And I think they're hemmed in in the unknown west by the Zulus and Egyptians.

Knight-Dragon's plan has merit. Take the iron city, then maybe the gems. See how it goes.

Just build up strong forces before attacking. I hate being on the defensive...

Lets get a city on that fur while we are at it.

Good luck, Gonz!

Ok, I will try to build cities down south and expand towards greece. If I feel our forces are significant later on in my reign I will post a few units on that iron so he can't build swordsmen. Then, I will make sure we have 4-5 catapults to bombard his hoplites before the bloodshed on our side starts.....

Is mysticism a prereq. to iron working?? I don't think so but I've lost my book. If it is, then it makes sense that we can only trade alex mysticism since you have to trade for all prereqs before getting a tech. thats further up the tree by trade.

I will have the game up in 24 hours at the max. Hopefully, I can get it done quicker since this game has been going so fast. Well, wish me luck and I'm off to expand the empire. Maybe I will get done before I go to bed tonight and then I could post but not a summary yet so tomorrow is the earliest for the summary. I will go as quick as I can but I do have work tomorrow morn. so I can't stay up too late. Hopefully, I can keep up the good work you guys have started. :):D:):nya::nya2::)

Only pre-req for iron-working is bronze-working. And the Greeks may have other sources of iron.

And I fear catapults may not be so great. Fr past experience, almost useless for bombardment.... :(

I say let the reigning player decide. This is a succession game, not a discussion game you know. ;) :p The rest of us will rant (cos we have nothing better to do anyway :lol: ) but the reigning player will have to make the hard decision.

Here's the save:

Summary: Dispersed Ghuzz encampment for 25 gold. Traded Mathematics and 57 gold for Horseback Riding. Xinjian founded. Writing discovered and polytheism started. Got philosophy for w/map and 18 gold. Founded Chengdu. That's it. Didn't have time for more detailed report. I can answer any questions tomorrow. 4 catapults built but no war started yet. Lots of southward expansion.

Here's a shot of our new frontier cities!

Hmmm, so Alex knows iron working.:( That's even more reason for us to take that iron. It will be tough but with preperation we can do it. We will have to build a road right to that iron mountain. If we could manage to do that during peacetime then station our troops on the mountain tops, we can take Thermopylae. The catapults will be usefull, especially if we have a plentiful supply of them. All they have to do is knock a few HPs off those hoplites so our archers can do the rest. Being on the mountain top with a few spearmen defenders we could take our time with the catapults. It would be nice to have horses, though. ;)

Attachments

• frontier.jpg
    frontier.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 339
Allright! Lets get Monarchy, thats my favorite Government! :D

This may sound crazy coming from me, but maybe we should just keep trading and be buddies with Greece for awhile. So far its been fairly profitable. :love2:

Honestly, we cant beat them right now anyway. They have swordsmen, hoplites and catapults. Maybe horsemen too. We have archers and spearmen, and would lose, bigtime. Building a road through four jungle tiles would take about 40 turns. Our efforts might be best served elsewhere.

And Gonzo, if you are about to attack someone, you shouldnt give them catapults too. :lol:

We seriously need map making. We have to see whats around our continent. I'll bet $10 theres resources nearby. Did we get contact with the other 2 civs yet?

Lets trade for map making and get some galleys built.

There are 8 more civs out there somewhere to meet!

EDIT: I noticed a spot 3 tiles north-west of Chengdu that should be a city. Right above the grass-shield tile on the coast. It would form a triangle of cities, and block Greece from expanding towards us. Just a thought.

And Gonzo, if you are about to attack someone, you shouldnt give them catapults too.

Haha, for some reason I thought that Mathematics was no longer a requirement for catapults like it was in civ2. I NEED MY CIV3 MANUAL BACK!!!!

Oh yeah, Alexander has contact with 6 or 7 people but he wanted all of our treasury for it:(

Maybe we ought to get used to the 2nd rate power idea until we get riders. Alexander (from the look of it) seems to be advanced, large, and have a definite advantage. Oh well, kissy kissy, backstab :lol:.

Things are looking pretty grim without iron. Maybe if we suck up enough Alexander won't attack us.

Toasty, see if you can get contact with a couple of those civs, and wheel and deal with them for more contact.

One way to catch up in tech would be to build the great library after that.

We better do something before we become part of Greece! :lol:

Dish it up, Toasty. Good luck with your turns.

Ok the forums are back. Who's up???

We must obtain the iron!! Sucking up to Greece is a temporary solution. If they wanted to, they could wipe us out without effort. I say we secure the iron with spearmen and some offensive units and catapults. Do a little bombarding and let the bloodshed start. phaser

Pardon my lateness ^^. I have just been really busy this weekend (brand new livingroom, woohoo!) and the forums were down, so I'll get on it right now. Expect to see the report within 24 hours...

I just realized something. What if Alexander get's another source of iron? Not only would he have hoplites, he would be attacking us with swordsmen. We need his geographic knowledge first. Then, we get contact with other civs from him. Then, we attack. phaser

Hoplites do not need the iron resource to be built.... ;) Alex will have them all the time.

Looks like we'll have to search for an iron source first before we can even contemplate attking Greece. :( Let's explore the seas around China first.

Hoplites do not need the iron resource to be built.... Alex will have them all the time.

I know, I was just stating that he would have them in addition to swordsmen. Maybe we should turn to the seas for our resources. Hopefully we can find a decent sized continent to settle and mine for resources. After we get iron, I say we attack Greece.

I have a riddle for you guys:

What is China after you subtract Fe?

Bah, would someone go for me? I'm completely swamped. Sorry for holding everyone up :(.

Hello... Joespaniel... Haven't you noticed my post in the Roman thread? I told you to put me on "standby" for this game... I am having computer troubles you know... I might *possibly* be able to play before this game is over. But if not... ohwell ;)

If I can't play, good luck to the Mongol Riders and the great leaders of them! I will definatley be able to play in the next one if you will allow me...

This may be a LITTLE in advance, but, maybe Japan for our next adventure? The Land of The Rising Sun has never been ruled by me. Gotta see those samurai!

:( May I say a suggestion? If I will, I must say to keep Greece Happy! Gonzo's idea about using the seas could have merit, but the land could already be inhabited, and I dislike the idea of a lone city on a continent. Just keep Greece happy until the Early Industrial age, and use riflemen and cannons to attack. You may even get some iron via someone elses loss! An attack now would likely hinder our early and essential development. By the time you get riflemen, you will be developed enough to be able to handle a war of attriton which would be needed with an offensive based on the low attack of riflemen. I would say you have a better chance of war then than now. Remember, you won't get horses unless you attack, because horses never dissaperar. So no cavalry...

Trust me, an attack now would be suicidal! Keep em' happy until nationalism.

Top Bottom