1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for TF - a test site

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by AVN, Jun 9, 2002.

1. AVN

AVN Chieftain

The last days we were overrun by changes and new feasibilities of the site. Some are a success, some are not and a number of them have been such annoying, that they have been turned back after a few days, just at the moment that most of the people were used to it.

Because I fear that we will get a greater number of changes in the following period, which we have to get used to. But I think it's best if we get them all at once.

Therefore I have been thinking of a test-site where a number of selected users can Beta-test all TF's proposed changes. At the moment this is ready all the changes can been done at once on the main-site.

BTW : The members of CFC have been complaining a lot that Beta-testing of Civ3 was bad. This means that testing of changes of this site can be done a lot better.

2. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

I am afraid that's not possible, because I'd need to install a new forum for it.

However, I can point you to forums that already have the new features installed so you can test them out. :)

3. rjgo

rjgo Chieftain

give us the links.

shalom

rjgo

4. Thunderfall

The official vB forum hacks site, vBulletin.org has lots of hacks installed:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/index.php?s=

I haven't decided which new hacks to install yet. :)

5. starlifter

starlifter Chieftain

Wow, talk about swimming in choices.... it would be a full time job just to look at all the hacks in detail. :eek:

6. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Better get cracking then; I'm sure we can all make TF's life a bit easier if we tell him which hack we want (and which not), rather than have him testing them out on us. :)

7. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

I haven't seen any troubles caused by new hacks being installed. Plus TF would have to buy a new license to have a test forum.

8. Ohwell

Ohwell Chieftain

No, I believe there is plenty of free hosting and such for test sites... at least for phpBB.

9. Thunderfall

Not really. vB people said it's ok to create a test forum. I just don't want to bother Telefragged admins with it. They are busy people. :)