Suggestions and Requests

I don't know if this has been discussed before or if its changed already, but I think two civs need an urgent buff. Tibet and Persia.

Tibet starts out at the time when it became an empire historically and it was one of the great powers of the age, but you wouldn't know that from the game. Tibet starts out with a really hopelessly small army which can be easily gobbled up by anyone. It shouldn't be that easy to take out Tibet at least in the middle ages. So my suggestion is, give it a larger stack enough to give it a chance at conquering China. Likewise, perhaps give China a slightly larger army in the 600 AD scenario.

For Persia, I can't emphasize how ridiculous it feels when I easily swat them as Arabia and Turkey and this goes for the AI too ! Persia never develops as a great power on its own (sometimes I intervene to nurture it as a powerful entity protecting it with defensive pacts or turning it into a vassal), and its too easy to subjugate it. Safavid and thereafter Qajar Persia were never that weak. So my suggestion, give Persia some more decent techs and a larger military to start out with.

I imagine Persia not easy to balance. From a lot of playing 3000BC, they always get at least 5-6 cities in the middle east establishing their empire, and also had a few games with them ending up in Greece and even Roma once. Only thing I am missing is that the somehow never attack Egypt though being quite near, weak and historical. Maybe they can be somehow encouraged to build more units / defense? They had a large army and would stand a better chance at conquering Greece and stopping Arabia.. your thought?

Agree with Tibet though I would not go overboard with them.. we dont want them to be the new hipstar buddhist mongols right?

Adhiraj.bose likely meant the Iranian spawn.

I have an aesthetical suggestion.

Can you we somehow get Angkor Wat to look like it once did when completed (instead of its corroded form)? I watched a documentary about Suryavarman II recently and I was stunned by how Angkor Wat looked like, covered in marble and gold.
Spoiler :

Also, I have some recolered Pyramids of Giza on my PC. I mean, they were originally covered in white limestone.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Angkor2.jpg
    Angkor2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 316
  • Angkor3.jpg
    Angkor3.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 324
If there are ingame models for that, sure.

Well, someone could just recolor Angkor Wat's textures or something. I'll take a look at it and see if I can produce something.

I'll send you a reskinned pyramid file tomorrow.

That looks very much like the picture already.

Can we please get rid of defections? They're extremely unrealistic and ahistorical (e.g. Byzantine units shouldn't suddenly start flipping to the Arabs).
Also, starts should probably be more conditional, e.g.:
-When the Byzantines spawn, they should only get cities that are under Roman control. It doesn't make sense for Persian cities to suddenly go over to the Romans just because they divided their empire.
-Civs like Spain, France and England should only appear if the Roman empire has collapsed- it doesn't really make sense for them to pop up if Western Europe is still solidly under Roman control.
-The Ottomans should only appear if the Seljuk invasions actually managed to conquer Anatolia- it doesn't make sense for them to spawn if the Turks never make it into the region.
-Shenyang probably shouldn't flip to the Mongols. Likewise, the Levant and Mesopotamia should not automatically flip to the Arabs- they should have to conquer it as they did historically.

I have a revision of the spawn mechanic planned that intends to address all of these issues.

I made some recolored Angkor Wat, what do you think? Good enough?
Spoiler :

Also, here is the Pyramids dds file as promised.

Attachments

• GloriousAngkor.jpg
    GloriousAngkor.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 222
  • pyramids_map2.zip
    7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks. I think merijn's skin looks closer to your picture though.

I think merijn's skin looks closer to your picture though.
His reskin is a yellow version of Angkor Wat, I don't see any resemblance to the picture I posted. To be honest it looks like present day Angkor Wat painted yellow, not like its original appearance.
So here's my version. I also included a less distorted version of Angkor Wat, as the ingame nif model stretches out the towers.

Attachments

• Angkor.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 46
I can't deny that I just used a paint brush to recolor the current model. But I think the colors I use are closer to the pictures you posted (especially the 2nd picture) than the colors you used. I think Leo is referring to the colors.

However, I do like the other changes you made to the base of the building. I think if you use brighter colors, it will look more like the pictures. The colors you currently use don't match the colors of the pictures.

They do match, as I copied the textures right of the second picture.

They do match, as I copied the textures right of the second picture.

Copying the color will not always make it appear the same color elsewhere. It will appear different because of the colors around it. It might look white in the picture, it does appear grey in the game model. Just like the optical illusions below.

Link to video.

I'm not changing it, either someone else does it or it stays the way I made it. I think it's fine and until someone makes a better version or something,it's the most accurate we got.

Top Bottom