Suggestions and Requests

Move Confucianism to Calendar and found Taoism by building a Confucian Temple?

Isn't Taoism older than Confucianism?

Isn't Taoism older than Confucianism?

Why does Taoism get founded by a later tech than Confucianism then? And if that's really the case just make it the other way around, with Confucianism being founded when a Taoist Temple is first built.

I have no idea about the relationship of these religions, but if their founding conditions are redone I'd prefer to do it right this time.

If anyone knows more about this, please share.

From what I can gather from various Google results and Wikipedia articles, Confucianism was founded around 500 BC and Taoism about a century later, however it can trace its root back to older, prehistoric beliefs.

Please include rebuildable wonders mod (preferably with ability to replay wonder movies). I would say that makes the game more realistic and makes it more likely that someone actually sees the wonder movies.

What does the mod do?

Population should give double unhealth until discovery of Medicine.

Has anyone won Arabian UHV since its UP was nerfed to tolerate nonstate religions? It's just a lot harder to meet the 40% quota. I think some change should be done to counter the UP nerf: more persercutor allowed or lowered quota.

通过我的 m2 note 上的 Tapatalk发言

On the topic of Taoism and Confucianism, we should also take into account that China's "official religion" in real life has practically always been Confucianism. A Mechanic that founds Taoism earlier would encourage adoption of Taoism, which would be quite unhistorical.

How is that more realistic?

I agree, only one wonder of each should be buildable, ever.
Six of the ancient seven wonders were destroyed, and none have been rebuilt, though it's possible they will be at one point in the future.

I agree, only one wonder of each should be buildable, ever.
Six of the ancient seven wonders were destroyed, and none have been rebuilt, though it's possible they will be at one point in the future.

rebuilding places of spiritual significance makes some sense. And we can already do that to the places that have been rebuilt/re-purposed (Solomon's Temple / Qubbat Al-Sakhrah)

But what exactly is wonderful of a modern hanging gardens? We have plumbing and agricultural technologies the ancients lacked.

Now I know this might be getting repetitive, but regarding those additional bonuses for reaching new culture levels that somebody will surely implement someday, I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion that instead of a city upkeep reduction a bonus to trade route yield would be more fitting, since culture is supposed to reward "tall" empires. Also minuscule bonuses to Great People Birth Rate like +10% serve absolutely no point, as any city that produces more than 10 GPP a turn is practically guaranteed to have a lot of culture already, so let me revise my proposal one more time:

10 Culture - Fledgling: +20% Defense, No bonus apart from that as ability to work a good part of the BFC is reward enough for such a small investment
100 Culture - Developing: +20% Defense, +1 Happiness ("We are so sophisticated!")
1.000 Culture - Refined: +20% Defense, +40% Great People Birth Rate, +20% Trade Route Yield, +1 Happiness ("We are so sophisticated!")
10.000 Culture - Influential: +20% Defense, +60% Great People Birth Rate, +30% Trade Route Yield, +1 Happiness ("We are so sophisticated!")
50.000 Culture - Legendary: +20% Defense, +100% Great People Birth Rate, +50% Trade Route Yield, +1 Happiness ("We are so sophisticated!")

Incidentally the culture values required for Refined and Influential should be doubled, so it's less of a leap from Influential to Legendary.

While I like how new cities getting founded receive extra buildings and population in a more uniform manner for all civilizations, isn't it significantly harder to play those late-but-still-pre-Renaissance civilizations like Mali, Poland, Portugal, Aztec, Mongolia, Mughal, Turkey(?), Congo and Iran now? Their new city gets no forge, harbor or aqueduct and starts with a miserable 2 pop instead of 3. I say we need to find a way to compensate for their late start, right now it's just not enjoyable to play these civs.

And I doubt it's necessary to give England a +2 pop modifier for newly founded cities after Astronomy. How is England different from other colonial civilizations who have +1 modifer? They are among the first bunch of European civilizations(after classical era)! Even the Dutch don't have a +2.

This isn't actually related to the game itself, but I think the Welcome to Dawn of Civilization thread could use some screenshots. The new civs, new civics roster (as ugly as it may be compared to my new creation), the stability overlay, female great people, statesmen and slave trade all come to mind.

Since Leoreth mentioned a naval units roster change, maybe we should look at Legends of Revolution for inspiration.

Top Bottom