Suggestions and Requests

The following areas are regarded as separate continents:
1) Europe (including Siberia) + Midde East (including Persia) + Africa north of the Sahara
2) Africa south of the Sahara
3) East Asia (India + SEA + China)
4) North America
5) South America

It has always been like this, during the development of 1.15 a bug was introduced that uninentionally changed it and was later fixed.

Oh nice to know. What about Australia and Oceania? Is it in SEA or is it 6) which you have omitted?

The general game rule is that every contiguous landmass is considered a continent, like Australia and all islands in the game. I omitted all of these.

Will you add more specific events based on history? Something like Crusades (not the AP vote) where the "pope" player gets an army at the holy land based on how much support he gets from the other catholic civs.
Also, the middle ages in Europe are too peaceful IMO. We could have AIs going to war at historical moments like England DOWing France in the 1400s or the 30 Years War.

No I won't.

I have played a lot of RFC DOC lately, and I had always played a lot of KMod. Leoreth, have you played much KMod? The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if you have considered the inclusion of the worker and pathfinder changes Karadoc made to KMod? The worker AI seems to work pretty fantastic in KMod, especially if they are automated for trade network building purposes. Anyway, was just wondering if you had played KMod and had any thoughts about included the worker and pathfinder changes. Another change, though not everyone likes the aggressiveness of KMod's AI, the AI does do naval warfare quite well including loading transports properly. Lastly, the AI does not roam around in war with siege weapons as much as I've experienced with RFC. Just some thoughts of mine and was wondering your thoughts?

Leoreth has attempted to include KMod, but it is more complicated then expected. RFC has some custom AI behavior such as historical settling of cities, which isn't easy to merge with the KMod AI. But IIRC there are some long term plans to incorporate KMod.

I have played a lot of RFC DOC lately, and I had always played a lot of KMod. Leoreth, have you played much KMod? The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if you have considered the inclusion of the worker and pathfinder changes Karadoc made to KMod? The worker AI seems to work pretty fantastic in KMod, especially if they are automated for trade network building purposes. Anyway, was just wondering if you had played KMod and had any thoughts about included the worker and pathfinder changes. Another change, though not everyone likes the aggressiveness of KMod's AI, the AI does do naval warfare quite well including loading transports properly. Lastly, the AI does not roam around in war with siege weapons as much as I've experienced with RFC. Just some thoughts of mine and was wondering your thoughts?
Leoreth tried a while back, led to a few months of wasted time after he failed IIRC

I expected similar answers : ) but, I didnt know if just certain particular changes were possible to merge. For example, the specific worker changes and the pathfinder changes I think are very useful. Also, KMod saves are like 1/5 the size of normal civ file saves, which might be something that is also possible to includes rather than merging the entire mod?

Not that it matters, but it might ... here is a list of changes w/ versions of KMod's changelog that I am referring to:

v.1.10
+ Wrote a new pathfinding engine. The new system produces the same results as the original system, but it is slightly more flexible and can be used much more efficiently. With the new pathfinding engine, and related changes, the game now runs significantly faster. (Note: for efficiency reasons, the new pathfinder currently assumes that there can be no roads on the ocean. If this is used in a mod that does have ocean roads, the pathfinder may produce non-optimal results.)
+ Added a special symmetry breaking compontent to the pathfinder. Hopefully this will prevent some problems which result from having two paths with equal cost. (eg. The interface showing one path, and then the units following a different path.)
+ Changed the structure of the pathValid function, and the groupPathTo to help prevent future bugs. (This completely removes the possibility of the AI entering forbidden territory - which was the target of a few previous bug fixes.)

v1.09 (which seems it would have a direct effect on RFC?)
+ Fixed a critical bug which caused the game to behave unpredictably if any new civ teams are created mid-game (eg, liberated colony) - eg. the game may create extremely large save files. (This was a serious bug; and I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner.)

Isolating individual K-Mod features is more work than just merging the entire mod. I feel much better about attempting that again with what I know now, but it would probably still take a lot of time. As of now I think it's better investing the time into DoC related issues and features.

Is Babylon still unwinnable for UHV? After reading earlier threads the tech goal is doable and culture is just inevitable, but how can you possibly beat Egypt for most pop? You have to prioritize hammers for the Hanging Gardens so you can make it to size 8 in 850 BC while Niwt-Rst is size eleven.

Is Babylon still unwinnable for UHV? After reading earlier threads the tech goal is doable and culture is just inevitable, but how can you possibly beat Egypt for most pop? You have to prioritize hammers for the Hanging Gardens so you can make it to size 8 in 850 BC while Niwt-Rst is size eleven.

I have won it fairly recently. You need Pop 12.

Leoreth, would you consider restoring core population modifiers to their previous levels? I'm playing as Colombia, and despite my adding Lima as a core city and Chile + Bolivia as historical, my owning South America (A UHV goal, mind you) has resulted in me having a sizable overextension penalty, and having Argentina respawn on me, severely kneecapping me. I always enjoyed playing in the modern era, so that I could focus less on expansion stability (while still keeping it in mind) and focusing on building my civ.

I'd rather change that UHV goal. Reviewing Inca is on my to do list but post 1.15.

Doesn’t a recent change eliminate extra food from farms on flood plains, though? (So Flood Plain Farms are completely useless) That’s what it said when I tried to build them in my game

I think you are confusing something....

Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG

I recall v1.14 disallowing farms on Flood Plains until Biology.

I think you are confusing something....

View attachment 490371

I was talking about the pic in the linked post, which showed farms on Flood Plains when your Babylon was at size 12.

I’m really not sure if the UHV needs to be changed cuz I’m a noobish enough player that I genuinely can’t tell if it’s unwinnable in 1.15 or not!

I was talking about the pic in the linked post, which showed farms on Flood Plains when your Babylon was at size 12.
No, when I talked about confusing I meant to say -- Farms on FLoods DO give extra food, so they are not useless at all. My latest picture was showing just that and I also linked to the update which made it possible to build farms on floods again...

And yes with those Farms you can win. Do you think I would just build them again and again if I would not see some benefit after I have farmed the first Flood? ;)

Top Bottom