1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. cabronazo

cabronazo Chieftain

Is there a way to change the civilization you're playing during the game? It would be an interesting feature :)

2. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Prince Supporter

You can always use cheats for that. If you set cheatcode to chipotle in civ4 ini file, then you can use alt+z and shift+alt+z to cycle through civs.

JHLee, 1SDAN, Leoreth and 1 other person like this.
  3. cabronazo

cabronazo Chieftain

You're right! Thank you

1SDAN, DarkLunaPhantom and Leoreth like this.
  4. TJDowling

TJDowling King

Does anyone else think it's annoying that when you conquer a city with plague it usually spreads plague to your civ? I mean in some cases I think it makes sense but even after you have just had plague and it has disappeared if you conquer a plague city the next turn it will spread to your civ. I don't think this is very realistic.

5. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

I think it is, plagues in wartimes were unpredictable and would spread backwards as well - sometimes also different viruses/illnesses.

On the other hand, the plagues no longer kill units and are just a nasty inconvenience by now.
    And I have also observed just the opposite of your report: plagues vanishing from cities upon conquering.

So this does not happen automatically all the time, I believe.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    1SDAN and Jarlaxe Baenre like this.
  6. JHLee

JHLee Prince

I have experienced the following situation multiple times:

- I have low stability and is on the verge of collapsing.
    - I have GPs ready to pop a Golden Age to avoid collapse.
    - But I want full exploit of the collapse immunity, so I don't want to pop the Golden Age until the last second.
    - I haven't memorized all of the conditions of stability calculation renewal, and nor can I correctly calculate stability myself.
    - Therefore I have to rely on the game for stability calculations.
    - The game tells me that I am going to collapse on the next turn
    - Even if I pop the Golden Age right away, it is too late and I will collapse anyway.

Can the rules be fixed so that collapse can be avoided even if the Golden Age starts AFTER the stability recalculation,
    as long as they happen on the same turn?
    It is extremely annoying when you have to load back to two turns before over and over again.
    Especially since players are instantly defeated instead of getting crises.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  7. Force44

Force44 Prince

Since it takes 3 cities with legendary culture to achieve a cultural victory could there perhaps be an option for cities with epic or legendary culture to turn culture into something else?

8. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Bonuses/Unique Builds for cities with Epic/Legendary Culture sounds interesting. I'm very sleep deprived, so let me see what I can come up with.

• Increased Relations with all non-Isolationist Civs per city with Legendary Culture you own.
    • Civics could convert Culture into other kinds of Commerce in cities with Legendary Culture (example: Gold with Public Welfare, Production with Revolutionism, Espionage with Totalitarianism)
    • 1 extra turn during Golden Ages per city with Legendary Culture
    • Not a Legendary Culture effect per say, but maybe Culture could be added as a stability factor? Increased Stability for having more Culture than rivals? Vice Versa? Bonus to Culture Calculations for having significant amounts of culture in enemy cities? More extreme effects from disparities between worst enemies? (Would make the "Spread Culture" spy mission much more useful)
    • Hit Works increase trade route income in cities with Legendary Culture. Further increased income if the destination city has an improved hit work. (example: Cinema and Hit Movie) If I understand correctly, trade route income works both ways. I admit, this suggestion is just me trying to get an economy build centered around resource trading and trade routes in the game, and this seems to be the simplest and least balance breaking concept I can think of.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I like this one the most.

10. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

Two more suggestions:
    • Can we remove the "Religious Persecutor" from the build options under the Tolerance civic?
    • Also, when the player reaches the Global Age, can we remove the Explorer from the build options as well?
    Spoiler In related news, satellites don't count as explorer units. I think they should, however. :

Civ4ScreenShot0123.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    Or, have the Satellites replace the Explorer units in the build screen?

By the way, I govern the most peaceful Third Reich ever. The last time I started a war against another nation was in the 18th century, with England. Ever since, I only gobbled up independent cities into my empire, while having delightful peace with all civilizations around me.

Also, Leoreth!
    Here, he performs in Hamburg. Thanks a lot, you're a star artist! I enjoyed you on stage!
    Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG

11. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

When releasing a civ whose core you own, it would be nice to have an option to either let them be independent or keep them as a vassal.

12. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

Stealth bombers can currently be intercepted by lowly machine guns.
    Can we put an end to that?

trevor, Bernd-das-Brot and 1SDAN like this.
  13. mateyson

mateyson Chieftain

1.jpg 2.jpg

First of all! Can we leave this situation as feature?)
    Second: land value in Italy for Vikings is not as in folder "maps" (yellow - green)

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's the overlay that was wrong (it still says Historical Area in the tooltip), it took the Roman core into account even though Rome is already dead and can never respawn.

15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

On the topic of my trade economy suggestion, after playing and beating the Colombian UHV I learned you can make mass bank off trading resources, despite most civs rarely having more than 5 gold to trade.

16. Publicola

Publicola Prince

What is up with that, by the way? @Leoreth, is there a hard-coded limit that civs never have more that 5 gold per turn available to trade on the diplomacy screen, or are they just that good at min-maxing that whatever they set their slider, they never end up with more than +5 gold per turn? I've never seen another civ with +10 gold per turn, or +15, even though those are fairly common when I play (at least in the late game).

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Not sure, but my understanding of it is that the AI adjusts its sliders to make a minimal surplus, and the diplo AI will only ever leave a portion of available GPT accessible for trade.

1SDAN likes this.
  18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

England, Russia, and China commonly have 10+ during the lategame. If a civ has < 300 Gold they should probably be incentivized to run 10% more gold than normal, seeing as how generally 300 is a good number for most things that will require you to pay money (random events, trading companies, etc)

Most civs rarely have more than 50 gold at a time in their coffers. Would also be nice if certain Leaderheads were given a higher likelihood of sliding out more gold, culture, or espionage

Publicola likes this.
  19. mateyson

mateyson Chieftain

I still worring about my favourite vikings. Can we have alternative colours for nord peoples (maybe dark blue insted of light blue? (I know, we have France, but no borders between them AND no borders between them in
    near future (i garantee)? Or just some room (territory) for expension in early future? Main problem in all my games for them is callpsing due to 2-3
    unnecessary сities. No room for expensive...
    P.S. Sorry for my nigerian inglesa, I am from Mother Russia, comrades...)

ozqar likes this.
  20. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Chieftain

In 1700 AD scenario, Congo should begin with the Elective civic instead of the current one. Historically, in the 16th century, the government system consisted on the election of a high king by a council of nobles.

Imp. Knoedel, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.