Suggestions and Requests

So basically:

Radio Yerevan was asked: "Is it correct that Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev won a luxury car at the All-Union Championship in Moscow?"

Radio Yerevan answered: "In principle, yes. But first of all it was not Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev, but Vassili Vassilievich Vassiliev; second, it was not at the All-Union Championship in Moscow, but at a Collective Farm Sports Festival in Smolensk; third, it was not a car, but a bicycle; and fourth he didn't win it, but rather it was stolen from him."

The diversity of your knowledge frighten me. There is no way I can come up with Austrian joke. All I can think of is Jaroslav Hasek and he was not even Austrian...

The greatest Austrian accomplishment was to convince the world that Hitler was German and Beethoven was Austrian.

Knoedel is always good for international(e) jokes as long as they relate to communism.

Heh.

On a more on-topical note, the following two features I added just now to my modmod might be of interest to the wider community:

First I changed the icon of Light Cavalry Units to that of the Skirmish promotion to make it more consistent with the other unit categories and so it doesn't have to awkwardly share the same icon with Heavy Cavalry Units.

Secondly I stole a tiny snippet of code from Fall From Heaven II to display the unitcombat icon of each unit on a tile when hovering over it like so:

UnitcombatIcons.png

This means you can now see on a glance whether a given unit is e.g. heavy or light cavalry and don't have to look it up on the Pedia to figure out whether to send spears or archers against it, which I often found myself doing due to the large number of mounted UUs.

Shall I make a pull request with this small interface improvement?

Good idea, I take both changes.

Done.

I know it may be a lost cause to talk about 1700 AD map improvements when we are testing new map, but the disparity between Northern India's 1700 economy in this mod and the reality is striking. By 1700, the GDP of Mughal India had risen to 24% of the world economy, the largest in the world, larger than both Qing China and Western Europe. Mughal India was the world leader in manufacturing, producing about 25% of the world's industrial output up until the 18th century. India's GDP growth increased under the Mughal Empire, with India's GDP having a faster growth rate during the Mughal era than in the 1,500 years prior to the Mughal era.

We also need Dhaka. 1NE off Calcutta if we move Calcutta 1W from it's current location.
Bengal Subah was the Mughal's wealthiest province, generating 50% of the empire's GDP and 12% of the world's GDP. It was globally prominent in industries such as textile manufacturing and shipbuilding. Bengal's capital city Dhaka was the empire's financial capital, with a population exceeding one million. It was an exporter of silk and cotton textiles, steel, saltpeter and agricultural and industrial products. Domestically, much of India depended on Bengali products such as rice, silks and cotton textiles.

Now I get it that 1700 AD northern India map should reflect gradual decline of Mughals, but this can already be reflected by inferior army and lack of Iron (as it is now). But every single Mughal tile needs to have an improvements and towns and road. With one extra city in Bengal. Northern India needs to reflect SOMETHING about being 24% of world's economy. Map needs to depict not only political and geographical realities but also economic realities to some extent. It is particularly annoying not to see roads, not even Delhi's elephant is connected by road when in fact Mughals were responsible for building an extensive road system, creating a uniform currency, and the unification of the country. The empire had an extensive road network, which was vital to the economic infrastructure, built by a public works department set up by the Mughals which designed, constructed and maintained roads linking towns and cities across the empire, making trade easier to conduct. Please improve Northern India.

Last edited:
Something something inertia rule.

I love Babylon. I play them all the time. One thing I've noticed is that whether you're going for a short-term HV or trying to stay in as long as possible, there is never any good reason to use the Asharittu Bowman's collateral damage ability aggressively. They are always better used as city defenders. I would love to see a rework that gives them slightly better city defense, or first strike, or buff against a unit type--anything.

I used to play Babylon on Monarch and do very well for myself. As of now I'm having a lot of difficulty with the Greeks on Regent. The Greek invasion has been buffed with the addition of companion cavalry and possibly other units(?). Maybe a bowman buff that would allow AI Babylon at least a sliver of a chance to withstand the Greeks would be interesting.

Got to menu->options and enable "display UHV end turns".
I don't think you understand the point. For the first Russian UHV only the end turn of the railroad part is shown, not the one for colonization by 1700.

I think you mean emus.

It's a problem when I play as Brazil(1700ad scenerio). When Brazil spawns, if Congo has collapsed, there is almost no slave to trade in the world. And since most of the time there are no Native Africa cities in the world at 19th century, Brazil also can't gain slave by capture Native cities.
So my suggestions are:
1. Make Independent cities in Africa to native cities in 1700ad scenerio.
2. Make sure Congolese cities turn to native but not independent after Congo collapses.
3. Native military units spawn in Amazon(just like Mohawks and Mounted Braves spawn in North America), then Brazil can gain slaves by attack them. But I am still not sure what this unit should be.

Could we perhaps make vassals a bit more eager to trade with their master civ? Or even quite a bit - it seems strange to me that you can force-vassalize a civ and even then they refuse to give up their resources in a "fair deal". I find myself often not even wanting to gain a new vassal, as there often is too little to show for it, with the changes to mercantilism and the AI now way more reluctant to trade, both in general and as a vassal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-30-19 at 02.27 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 06-30-19 at 02.27 AM.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 209
Could we perhaps make vassals a bit more eager to trade with their master civ? Or even quite a bit - it seems strange to me that you can force-vassalize a civ and even then they refuse to give up their resources in a "fair deal". I find myself often not even wanting to gain a new vassal, as there often is too little to show for it, with the changes to mercantilism and the AI now way more reluctant to trade, both in general and as a vassal.
That's more than fair. They're giving away their last Corn for an Iron and Copper which you have 3 and 2 of, respectively. You aren't even going to lose anything from trading them away. The effect of having 1 strategic resource is the exact same as the effect of having 2.

Playing 1.16 I noticed part of a game mechanic that has bugged me through at least the past few versions, which is the extent of the culture/territory flip when a new civ spawns. For example, playing as Egypt when Byzantium spawns, the fish resource accessible to Alexandria is flipped to Athens, which is three tiles from the fish anyway. Bc it is a new spawn, the amount of culture points assigned to that tile is in the 1000s, and is basically impossible to flip back without continuous investment in extra culture in the city, such as great works.

Would a change be possible so that during these kind of flips only the cities workable area is flipped, unless it is say, core land area of the newly spawned civ?

Last edited:
Is there any Byzantine city within reach of the tile in that case?

Top Bottom