Suggestions and Requests

I don't even know if the dynamic unit naming in BUG actually works, does it? As for dynamic unit names that come by default, I think it would be confusing too quickly. If you don't know the language/terminology in one language you wouldn't know what is going on.

That's true, RI is really ... hard to get a hold of.

I think the distillery building should be scrapped unless it was added in for a very specific purpose. The fact that it gives more gold than a bank is unrealistic and feels like it was added in just because. It gives off C2C repetitiveness vibes.

Legend holds that the tenth-century Russian prince Vladimir the Great rejected Islam as a state religion for the country because of its prohibition of alcohol. Historically, alcohol has been tolerated or even encouraged as a source of revenue.

In the 1540s, Ivan IV began setting up kabaks (кабак) or taverns in his major cities to help fill his coffers; a third of Russian men were in debt to the kabaks by 1648. By 1860, vodka, the national drink, was the source of 40% of the government's revenue.

You get it? 40%. No bank can do it.

Currently, Textile Industry obsoletes for all civs after 1920. I don't really feel this is accurate; as we've seen in the real world, the textile industry has moved to developing economies as western nations entered a post-industrial economy. Perhaps instead, tie it's expiry to a tech as opposed to a year. Say, Computers?

Currently China tech pace is crazy. In last three 3000BC starts in 1500 they had physics and replaceable parts. In 1700 riflemen and ironclads...

That's why unlike vanila game you get a -10 stability hit immediately, which means you cannot always abuse this situation. People who are paranoid about their stability rarely raze cities, but when they do -- sometimes it is worth to replace useless city with something useful. But I do think that starting Renaissance Settle training should reduce the population of the builder city by -1, then -2 for Industrial Era, -3 for global and -4 for digital. This will bring some balance and realism to the world.
This is why you starve city to 2 pop before conquest, you will get only -2 stab penalty this way.

Better yet, for foreign cities, you can starve them AFTER conquest, grant independence and then raze.

"better"

Better yet, for foreign cities, you can starve them AFTER conquest, grant independence and then raze.

There's historic parallels to be made here, especially in recent times. I could name a few but its frankly too depressing to get into.

It's kind of like chattel slavery; it's historically so significant, I appreciate its in-game but I can't say it's a 'fun' feature.

Speaking of significance, perhaps the Ottoman and Berber empires should also be able to get slaves from the Black Sea area? And Morocco from Southern Europe.

I will keep proposing this: Your mod absolutely needs WW1 Trench Infantry (And perhaps medieval Arquebusiers)

Moderator Action: Moved to the appropriate location. Next time posting in the wrong thread despite explicit request is going to be an infraction. -- Leoreth

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep proposing this: Your mod absolutely needs WW1 Trench Infantry (And perhaps medieval Arquebusiers)

Did you get the term "Medieval" for Arquebusier from Total War? There is nothing Medieval about 15th century when those guys started to appear and we do have them as the first gunpowder unit in this mod, did you miss them?

As for trenches, in a way in Industrial Era Machine Gun can act as forces in the trenches. Up until you develop Marines Infantry has little chance to win attacking MG. Feels pretty WW1-ly...

make western and eastern part of roman empire a perm alliance.
( At least in real life, the eastern provided 100000 men to support)
:3 made this roman will be invincible

I have a suggestion based on what I've noticed in game and in discussions on the forum, which would be that you can settle a settler in an existing city, granting it all the free buildings for the current era, and giving a base percentage of your culture.

My first reason for suggesting this, is that, for civs that don't really settle much territory (only conquer), there is little reason to ever use the settler unit, when in fact, most conquering civs did send settlers to newly conquered regions.

My second is that newly conquered cities are greatly disadvantaged to the point where often they will never be useful and the player will choose to starve them then raze them, risking the stability penalty.

And, it doesn't make sense that a newly founded city would already have more infrastructure than a captured city.

Can I ask for a small but very useful UI feature for F8 screen? Turn/Year timestamp next to the checked UHVs. It will allow the player to track his "win by" victories. If, in addition, it is possible and pertinent to show virtual victory date for "win in" victories -- this could be a really neat way to report our achievements or just constitute a useful way to keep important records while playing the game.

This information is currently not tracked.

I don't think it's that hard to code. If you want, I can make a PR of it.

EDIT:
Concept image.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Top Bottom