Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Publicola, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Force44

Force44 King

I like the idea. But I like the idea of not having them even better.

Later civs already face a map filled with civilizations already present.

Including 'filler civs' at the start sure makes for interesting gameplay. But that gameplay is already there.

It takes away the gameplay of an empty map. So without them the mod actually offers more diverse gameplay.

2. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

Since the union mechanic from RFCE++ may never be figured out, is it possible to have Defensive Pacts, or even better, Alliances formed through a scripted event?

For example: the turn during the Union of Krewo (1385/1386) the AI Poland and Lithuania have a 50% chance of forming a defensive pact or alliance. Of course both civilizations must be alive for it to work. If one of the two are human, then either a pop up event could appear to choose or deny the union; or the AI would contact the human player proposing an alliance or defensive pact. The same would work for other unions: Denmark-Norway, etc.

It isn't as in depth as uniting the two civs under one banner, but it does create a strong union while both remain separate.

3. Chep

Chep Emperor

hey there,

I just popped in to suggest the following:

Could all nations get "1 free civic-change at spawn"? by this I mean an instant, anarchy-free civic-change (either on turn one or within the first 5 turns after spawn).

I noticed that many nations (tried Novgorod, Kiev, Aragon, true for all of them) start without proper civics selected and I had to start the game off with an anarchy :/

4. Force44

Force44 King

That would be really useful Chep. I used to look at that problem from the bright side. No waste of a turn for setteling your capitol (/first city) on a superior location.

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

What civs would need further updates in their starting civics?
    Keep in mind that the historic and the gameplay reasons might be totally different here

6. Chep

Chep Emperor

honestly I've only fired up these 3 games and they all needed several changes (to the feudalism civics for example), the eastern nations obviously also start without "state religion" (the civic) which seems intentional however is annoying as you'll want to switch towards one asap anyway. and none of them have militarism or anything besides the most basic civic in the last group selected.

7. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Houston!!!! We got problem!

here is a save, that can cause CTD error. Not always but about 30-40% when you load it.

Attached Files:

8. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

For me it do not crash. Are you sure it's not a MAF error? If it only crashes on some occasions, it's unlikely that it's a bug in the mod itself.
    I did find a python error in plague spread though when advancing to the next turn, so thanks for the report!

9. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Yes i've noticed the plague too...it was strange. IDK it might be memory error too but im not sure lets hope it was :D

10. SanJose

SanJose King

Why Kuban marked Unstable for Ottomans?

11. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Ottomans stability is awesome fter initial problems and its on their settler map, but ye, could be border province.

12. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

I suggest to make a whole overhaul of cultural border, city population for 1.5

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

What do you mean by that?

14. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Ottoman stability map comes up every now and then.
    I'm not that opposed of changing it to border/ok status, not a too significant change to the overall Ottoman stability.
    On the other hand, a couple provinces could be added then to most other civs.
    For example Lithuania province should be border to Prussia then? Or is that case different?

Yeah, they can already conquer most of the map with careful city placement.
    Not adding all potentail provinces as historical was an intentional decision, but as I said, changing a couple to ok/border won't really change the overall picture.

15. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Because i had no time to give details!

I used to build big empires with any civ, that's my problem. But there is a few annoying things.

1, if you build empires you often get till foreign provinces --> you cant win cultural border fights. I mean it can be 30-50-70cult/turn in your city and 1/turn in the other, you cant push their border, even is its not their core just border/ok.

2, if my mighty nation kills another, then is, d o n e. They can return of course, but they must not cause any more trouble to me! now if I build a city between Frankfurt and augsburg: it's not 100% french (or whatever) even if its my settler, and if they wipe/respawn, conquered cities and my cities on german lands became unhappy and unstable.
    if you dont get that i'll tell ya in pm.

16. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

It would probably be good if the DoC/SoI feature where you get some of the city's culture upon conquest were integrated.

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Was thinking about your free civic-change idea, but in the end I don't think we should have it.
    While the original civic setup and the need for an anarchy can be annoying in some cases, it's intentionally restricting.
    I would rather change the initial setup for a couple civs, where it's historically viable.
    Any exact suggestions on what civs and civics should be changed?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  18. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

I agree, the way the game handles city and tile culture (these 2 are significantly different) have to be improved. It's strange in most mods though, and even has some issues in vanilla BtS.
    Managing the full culture system is rather complex, but some quick fixes like this are much easier to do.
    Probably will look into SoI and DoC, how edead and Leoreth improved upon the systems.

19. jekke

jekke Warlord

Sorry if this has been already proposed and rejected, but: RFC DoC mod has an interesting culture feature when new tiles are culture-acquired by a city one by one, not like in circles as in the original game. Would be good to see a similar mechanism in RFC Europe too.

20. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Wow, awesome that this feature from Civ V had been "borrowed" and implemented in DoC :D
    It's one of the (very) few things that V and VI did better than IV.
    Will take a look at it at some point.