1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Publicola, Jun 11, 2015.

1. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Thirded, Serbia should just have a really, really tiny stab map. It would be interesting if it has to struggle to survive at first and then eventually blossom and expand into Byzantium/Bulgaria.

At the least Hungary needs a nerf; it just gets huge and strong too often IMO. Maybe its lands are too wealthy?

2. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Just make it an unplayable civ. The solution to the Balkans is unplayable civs. Stronger than independent cities, but weaker than full civs.

3. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Oh, I don’t know, Serbia would be a really interesting civ to play. Low priority compared to Tunisia and others, sure, and probably less interesting, but it could be a valid civ.

Anyway, I wanna rail on Hungary again. Why is it so wealthy? Every game I play they seem to be raking in income, like they’ll have 20 gpt for trade regularly, as high as superpowers like early Byzantium and Arabia. I also think the Mongols don’t deal them enough damage...

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Actually their stability area already changes during the course of the mod, to represent the historical core area of Prussia during the timeline.
    What changes do you have in mind for the UHV?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Beacuse Hungary was that awesome! And since political disarray cannot be well represented, we rock. Although nothing special compared to other big civs like spain, france or germany..

cmakk1012 likes this.
  6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

I don't think it's the land, it's not particularly overpowered. Especially since the Carpathian-basin was fairly wealthy during medieval times with it's silver and gold mines.
    Nevertheless I agree, Hungary seems to remain too powerful in too big percentage of the games.
    Maybe I should adjust their tech modifiers once again, that should help in the too much gold issue.

You are right in the Mongols too. Them and the Ottomans should be the main forces responsible for the weakening of Hungary.
    It's hard to represent it well in gameplay though, especially the Ottoman part, and they were the bigger blow for the Kingdom.
    Just think about how wealthy and powerful was Hungary during the reign of Matthias Corvinus, conquering Austria, Moravia and Silesia, right before the Ottoman conquests.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    cmakk1012 likes this.
  7. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

I do think Hungary should be pretty strong; it could have easily “stood the test of time” and become what Austria did historically. I guess the issue is the Ottomans not being strong enough or something? But I know that’s hard to balance and can easily get out of control Ottomans. It’s funny how similar it is to the EU4 issues with them too...

I have a more minor suggestion: when Venice or Genoa run Monarchy and own all of North Italy (Lombardy, Tuscany, Liguria, and Verona) they could get the dynamic name of Kingdom of Italy.

gilgames likes this.
  8. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Or ottomans should have a special perk, thar if they have 15+ cities their willingness to attack Hungary raises to triple or more...
    If they do it before, they will fail. The number 15 is just a guess, need to be tested out. On the other hand, the turks tend to snowball the game from 1600 and after. Usually having the biggest army overall.

Can you implement a military modernization act to the game? Only for ai. It will upgrade or delete obsolate units. Its gold cost could scale with unit numbers and techs. Also in lategame army sizes should be limited as well, for gameplay and performance reasons too.

9. mp40 killer

mp40 killer Chieftain

The main change I would like to see is the "Seven Years war" goal. I had in mind something like moving your capital to Berlin? Then capturing historical Prussia around 1750?
    But other than that everything goes great with them.

10. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

I think Protestantism is a little bit OP in the current SVN. More nations are Protestant than Catholic by 1534 in my current Prussia game, including Genoa and Aragon, and it’s something I’ve seen happen fairly often in recent games.

EDIT: In addition, when the Protestantism event happens it will spread it to cities you’ve already prosecuted it out of (as Prussia had conquered Polish cities with it before the event)

DOUBLE EDIT: maybe it’s not as bad as I was saying, I was salty because it was ruining my Prussia game

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017