Suggestions for SGOTM13

Thanks! can I take next year off, then?

Rik provided a map. I told him it looks to me to be a bit beyond challenging. However, if you like we can start a game with it?
Anyway, it will be better then hopeless waiting and nothing as result. We may form "working group" of SGTOM veterans that will take responsibility to deal with "problems". Also it will be good if some experienced person who will not play at this SGTOM will look at this map. Andronicus for example. Or Kunnigas. Or Obormot. And ask for new if this is "not good".
Next question is database submission. It might be nice if somebody from staff could care about this, but in principle we can live without that playing like ordinary SG and mandatory put some basic information to "comon area."

I have no problem with administering the game. I only need a map that will provide an interesting challenge to the players. I am not a good enough Civ3 player to judge what will work.

While I don't exactly condone Ivan's ideas, and wouldn't dream of letting you go on vacation ;), he does have a point. Waiting around with no information is the worst state to wait in. Better to give us some updates now and then, even if it's just to say there's nothing new, at least that will make us feel you're still working on it. Just some friendly advice. :)

I have no problem with administering the game. I only need a map that will provide an interesting challenge to the players. I am not a good enough Civ3 player to judge what will work.
Good! May I suggest that Rik generate 3-4 maps and you will send PM to experts asking there oppinion? Really, C3C is good enough even without story. Or simple rules variant like space, or 5-10 CC...

Well I prefer stories, but I rather play a nice little DG Conquest while waiting for somebody to come up with one, then just sit around and wait.

Anyway, it will be better then hopeless waiting and nothing as result.
:agree:
We may form "working group" of SGTOM veterans that will take responsibility to deal with "problems". Also it will be good if some experienced person who will not play at this SGTOM will look at this map. Andronicus for example.
:nono: Don't waste Andro for such a task. I still hope to get him as a player or at least as a lurker! :old:

If Rik build that map, I don't think it can be too challenging. ;)
Anyway for a SGotm I think the level should be high to enforce good disussions and even better strategies.

In contrast to Ivan I'd appreciate a good story and think we would lose too many players if we play just any random map.

If Rik build that map, I don't think it can be too challenging
Not sure you're right, but I think maybe I'll let you guys have a crack at it. I'll get the sign-up thread posted in the next 24 hours.

Its only the Hardcore C3Cers left here anyway, I don't think you will blow too many by one game in 4 which is to hard.

Rik, please don't encourage the teams to discuss the game here while it's still in progress :p

Top Bottom