1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicidal AI?? Where is he settling?!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by kroket, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Clammo

Clammo Warlord

Ah, that might explain something in my most recent game I was puzzled about - I'm the only civ left on my continent, Askia and Elizabeth are on the other one. Yet recently Askia warned me about massing troops near his borders! I had all my troops on my continent, my navy on alert round my coastline, several hexes away from his. However he had a frigate out on patrol, and a scout embarked, both passing my coast.

Christ, there's some idiotic bugs got through testing!

2. dannythefool

dannythefool King

I hadn't seen the explanation yet, but this certainly makes sense... the AI does this literally all the time and I hadn't realized how common it is before I looked at my replays.

In this one you can see it happen at least five times: http://discordia.erinye.com/civ5replay/alexander.html
    And this is on a small map with only a handful of civs. I hadn't realized it's this common when I was playing that game...

3. Venereus

Venereus This Is Streamlined!

What testing?:rolleyes:

4. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Emperor

Our testing. We, the faithful and devoted beta-testers have just found this bug so the generation of new players that will buy Civ5 at much lower price in a distant future can enjoy the game. It's not our job to have fun, we are here to give influx of cash and manhour to 2K and Firaxis, were you born yesterday?

Now back to work, there are more bugs to be found!

5. kroket

kroket Warlord

On a sidenote dannythefool how does the replay thing work, i kind off missed in in CIV5 after CIV4?

Nevermind explanation found

6. silentknight111

silentknight111 Warlord

Japan seems to really like to build cities right next to you. So does Arabia in most games.

7. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

Has anyone noticed if the AI won't settle near you if you have a strong military? Just curious. Maybe if they think you are a wimp they aren't worried about settling near you?