Sukritact's Events and Decisions

I've encountered a problem where I can't even seem to start a game. I loaded up the mod, selected Egypt on a standard Pangaea map and after selecting ""Begin your journey" it crashes. I've tried it several times now. The first time was with the R.E.D. mod, then I tried this on its own and it doesn't let me play.

Please help, I really want to play this mod. :(

I'd suggest clearing the cache and trying the mod again.

The #1 problem newcomers to mods seem to encounter is the cache. When mods are updated or changed, old data lingers in Civ's cache folder and causes problems when it collides with the new data. This can confuse newcomers to mods, since the errors that occur if the cache is not clear are rather strange.

The manual solution is to delete the cache each time any mods are updated or added.

It would be great if the game can automatically detect if new mods are enabled, and if so, clear the relevant data from these two folders automatically:

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData

I'd suggest clearing the cache and trying the mod again.

I tried clearing my cache twice now. It still freezes after loading. My copy of Civ 5 is fresh installed yesterday too. Other mods work fine with it. So all I have to do is copy and paste the Évents and Decisions folder into MODS right? I don't have to do anything else? Because I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I tried clearing my cache twice now. It still freezes after loading. My copy of Civ 5 is fresh installed yesterday too. Other mods work fine with it. So all I have to do is copy and paste the Évents and Decisions folder into MODS right? I don't have to do anything else? Because I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Just extract the file into it's own folder in the mods folder, yes. It should look something like this (regular Windows 7, don't be alarmed by the theme):

Spoiler :

Just extract the file into it's own folder in the mods folder, yes. It should look something like this (regular Windows 7, don't be alarmed by the theme):

Spoiler :

Unfortunately it still does not seem to be working. Are there any specs or details that I can post that would help identify the problem?:confused: If it helps, the Middle Earth Civilizations and A Mod of Ice and Fire mod does the same thing at the start where it just freezes. So perhaps it's just my Civ download glitching out...

I just really love this concept from Civ IV and EU IV. Fantastic design idea, I just wish I could play and appreciate them. :p

Hmm.. it seems this Mod conflicts with some other Mod i am using. The Decisions tab that should drop down from the top left is not there and I am not able to make any Decisions (however I do have Magistrates as a resource and Events work fine.) Has anyone experienced difficulties with the drop down and know of a solution? I am not sure which mod may be causing this issue as I have several activated, but I will slowly comb through it and report back.

Hmm.. it seems this Mod conflicts with some other Mod i am using. The Decisions tab that should drop down from the top left is not there and I am not able to make any Decisions (however I do have Magistrates as a resource and Events work fine.) Has anyone experienced difficulties with the drop down and know of a solution? I am not sure which mod may be causing this issue as I have several activated, but I will slowly comb through it and report back.

Right! I reinstalled the game and I have the mod working now. But I am experiencing the same problem as Shocky27 here. The drop down isn't there, but I do have the magistrates. Any help regarding this would be great. Sorry for having so many problems by the way. I'm new to mods. :)

Is it not there at all? Depending on whether you have or don't have EUI, the way you open the panel will be different.

If you don't have EUI, look for this button on the top right.

You should see "Enact Decisions" in the dropdown, click that to open the panel.

If you do have EUI, look for this button and click it to open the panel.

Is it not there at all? Depending on whether you have or don't have EUI, the way you open the panel will be different.

If you don't have EUI, look for this button on the top right.

You should see "Enact Decisions" in the dropdown, click that to open the panel.

If you do have EUI, look for this button and click it to open the panel.

Got it to work fully! Thanks for your help Sukritact. :D I've had my first few events in a test game and I'm really enjoying it. It adds a depth I felt was missing from Civ V and goes well with R.E.D. and the PerfectWorld 3 mods. Keep up the great work and thanks for the epic mod! :goodjob:

I don't know why I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for mentioning that here because I feel the same way (absolutely love everything else about the mod). I'm certainly going to implement this for my own use too.

Hey, I liked your idea about changing Great People to only be invited from the Medieval Era onward. How do I change that? Which file do I look in and what do I type exactly? Thanks. :)

Hey, I liked your idea about changing Great People to only be invited from the Medieval Era onward. How do I change that? Which file do I look in and what do I type exactly? Thanks. :)

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions Beta \Core\Decisions\Core Decisions\CoreDecisions.lua

Find the part that says "Invite Great Person" and change the code to this.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Invite Great Person
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local Decisions_InviteGreatPerson = {}
	Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.Name = "TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_INVITEGREATPERSON"
	Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.Desc = "TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_INVITEGREATPERSON_DESC"
	Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.CanFunc = (
	function(pPlayer)

local iEra = load(pPlayer, "Decisions_InviteGreatPerson")
		local iCurrentEra = pPlayer:GetCurrentEra()
		if iEra ~= nil then
			if iEra < iCurrentEra then
				save(pPlayer, "Decisions_InviteGreatPerson", nil)
			else
				Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.Desc = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_INVITEGREATPERSON_ENACTED_DESC")
				return false, false, true
			end
		end
		if pPlayer:GetNumCities() < 1 then
			return false, false
		end

local iCost = math.ceil((iCurrentEra + 1) * 250 * iMod)
		Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.Desc = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_INVITEGREATPERSON_DESC", iCost)

if iCurrentEra == GameInfoTypes.ERA_ANCIENT or iCurrentEra == GameInfoTypes.ERA_CLASSICAL then
			return true, false
		end

if (pPlayer:GetGold() >= iCost) then
			return true, true
		else
			return true, false
		end

end
	)

Decisions_InviteGreatPerson.DoFunc = (
	function(pPlayer)
		local iCurrentEra = pPlayer:GetCurrentEra()
		local iCost = math.ceil((iCurrentEra + 1) * 250 * iMod)
		pPlayer:ChangeGold(-iCost)

local tGreatPeople = {}
		local tInclude = {["UNITCLASS_SCIENTIST"] = 1, ["UNITCLASS_ENGINEER"] = 1, ["UNITCLASS_MERCHANT"] = 1, ["UNITCLASS_GREAT_GENERAL"] = 1}
		for Unit in GameInfo.Units() do
			if Unit.Special == "SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE" and tInclude[Unit.Class] == 1 then
				table.insert(tGreatPeople, Unit.ID)
			end
		end	

local pPlot = pPlayer:GetCapitalCity():Plot()
		pPlayer:InitUnit(tGreatPeople[GetRandom(1, #tGreatPeople)], pPlot:GetX(), pPlot:GetY())

save(pPlayer, "Decisions_InviteGreatPerson", pPlayer:GetCurrentEra())
	end
	)

tDecisions["Decisions_InviteGreatPerson"] = Decisions_InviteGreatPerson

The line that actually changes it is:
Code:
if iCurrentEra == GameInfoTypes.ERA_ANCIENT or iCurrentEra == GameInfoTypes.ERA_CLASSICAL then
			return true, false
		end

This shows which eras to exclude the decision from. So if you want to fiddle around and make GPs only available from Renaissance and after, you could add ERA_MEDIEVAL to that list.

If you want to edit the Patronize the Arts decision, you can do it the same way.

Greetings!

I just installed this mod and I find it very interesting. It really adds depth and immersion to the game. However, I have one strange problem. When I start game with this mod loaded, I have ability to build cataphracts in my cities (with all civs), without any resources, from the very first turn. Furthermore, barbarians are often spawned with cataphracts instead brutes and similar... When I unload this mod, there is no such problem. I tried reinstalling and reloading mod, it didn't help... Any idea where it gone wrong?

Regardless of this, keep up good work:goodjob::clap:

@Firaxis: things like this should be part of Civ V from the beginning...:trouble:

edit2: My game was outdated... When I updated it, everything works fine. Sorry for false alarm :)

Playing Germany, I got option of enacting some kind of postal service reform which would grant me +2 science in my capital. I can't enact it. I pay gold for it, but no magistrates. I could continue to click it until I was -11000 in gold and had no science, haha. Then I reloaded.

Someone else got this problem? Everything else seems to be working, even those other civilization-specific ones I've tried yet.

Edit: And a random event spawned a new antiquity site, however, it could neither be extracted or made into a landmark. So it was not possible to continue the game... but now I have played one full game with this mod and its very enjoyable!

Thanks for showing me where the drop down was, I was sure that it was in the top left for some reason lol..

Anyway, 1 problem I have encountered so far:

I am playing a game as Persia, and have the option to enact a decision that will allow me to train cataphracts! Sweet! However, after I enacted it, I see nowhere to train these cataphracts. I can't even find them in the Pedia. Do you use the Byzantine Cataphracts for this? If so, I am using a Mod that gives the Byzantines the Peristyle building instead of Cataphracts, so this may be causing the problem.

Thanks for showing me where the drop down was, I was sure that it was in the top left for some reason lol..

Anyway, 1 problem I have encountered so far:

I am playing a game as Persia, and have the option to enact a decision that will allow me to train cataphracts! Sweet! However, after I enacted it, I see nowhere to train these cataphracts. I can't even find them in the Pedia. Do you use the Byzantine Cataphracts for this? If so, I am using a Mod that gives the Byzantines the Peristyle building instead of Cataphracts, so this may be causing the problem.

That's probably the issue; the mod literally copies the Cataphracts units for the Persians, if that mod removes it, then there's nothing to copy.

Thanks, I suspected that was the case! Guess I'll restart without that mod and see if it works.

Unfortunately mods aren't compatible with multiplayer except with a really horrible and complex workaround, so probably not.

Off topic, I noticed your location - Kia Ora! I grew up in Wellington, and I'm pretty sure one of the other modders lives there still

Unfortunately mods aren't compatible with multiplayer except with a really horrible and complex workaround, so probably not.

Off topic, I noticed your location - Kia Ora! I grew up in Wellington, and I'm pretty sure one of the other modders lives there still

Hello there! Good to meet you! Thank you for telling me that it is not compatible. Saves us the trouble of trying to sort that out. Also yay! New Zealanders. :3 Where do you live now?

Hey Sukrikat, currently I'm translating your mod (yeah I found a way to make translations working) And in Indonesian "Sumpah Palapa" decision reward when decision is not enacted tells that 3 units gain +30 XP, but when decision is enacted it tells that units gain +15 XP. So +30 or +15?

Top Bottom