1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I just never tend to have enough Gold on hand for the mercenaries since I'm investing it - don't really know how much it is.

The culture with chance of barbarians choice is fun, but it seems extremely weird to expect players to keep a constant gold stockpile.

2. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I'm playing with only this mod and the UI DLC enabled and my unit mini-window and promotion graphics and choices are scrambled up. My settler has choices for another unit, as does my warrior. Any ideas of what is happening? I'm playing with the latest version of Civ with all DLC and add-ons.

3. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Can you post your logs?

4. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Just re-booted and problem seems to have gone away. Perhaps corrupted files? Thanks for asking.

5. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

I'm not overly fond of the Golden Age Point drop - The early period allows you to accumulate some GA points from your surplus happiness and your first luxury before you start settling cities. Losing all those points consistently is a little frustrating but I guess the random events tend to be more favourable later on so I guess it balances out

6. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

At least it's not quite as bad as the EUIV version. :p

7. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Why do the religion events give different things each game(with the same religion)?
    Or that is related to JFD's Piety mod?

8. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

Somewhy my game constantly CTD'd on the same turn on JFD's Muscovy's turn, and all the time Lua log had this as the final message:

[746127.182] EnactDescisionsPopup: Ivan IV(3) Enacting TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_RELIGIONEVENTS_1ORTHODOXY

At least there's a typo in EnactDescisionsPopup?

I'm using JFD's civs, CP (5-13), Health&Plague and several Whoward's DLL's

I disabled the whole ReligionEvents.lua and now it works, so that has to be the bug.

9. Thessil

Thessil Chieftain

The latest build of EnD has been causing certain modded civs to start games without settlers, most notably Vice Virtuoso's civs. Has this been happening for anyone else?

10. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Does this mod require anything such as CP, CBP or EUI? Or is it just "plug and play"?

Also, does it have any relevant compatibility issues? For example, I use SushiSquid's Denmark Exploration, will I have any problems with Denmark's events?

11. seanb1979

seanb1979 Chieftain

is there a fix for all the bugged text on decisions for built-in civs? it seems to only happen on ones like egypt, babylon, and a few others ive tried... i never see the bugged text for modded civs that supper E & D

12. Natan35

Yeah, its a plug and play thing. Though there are unique versions of this mod for the CBP.
    AFAIK, this mod doesn't have any Compatibility issues.
    (Also Sukritact, what about my question?)

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You mean the decisions, right? That's just for variety, Natan.

14. Natan35

So its caused by piety?
    (If yes, can I disable them? I want the religions to have more meaning then just symbols)

15. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

No, it's part of the base mod.

With the exception of the major religions, all religions have randomised yields per game.
    The yields for the major religions can be seen below:

Code:
    tReligionEvents_1.RELIGIONGROUP_BUDDHISM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_SCIENCE.ID, "BUDDHISM"} OR MAHAYANA
    	tReligionEvents_1.RELIGION_BUDDHISM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_SCIENCE.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_SCIENCE.ID, "THERAVADA"}
    	tReligionEvents_1.RELIGION_VAJRAYANA = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_FAITH.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_SCIENCE.ID, "VAJRAYANA"}

tReligionEvents_1.RELIGIONGROUP_CHRISTIANITY = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, "CHRISTIANITY"} OR ORIENTAL ORTHODOXY
    	tReligionEvents_1.RELIGIONGROUP_PROTESTANTISM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_PRODUCTION.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, "PROTESTANTISM"}
    	tReligionEvents_1.RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_GOLD.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, "CATHOLICISM"}
    	tReligionEvents_1.RELIGION_ORTHODOXY = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_FAITH.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, "ORTHODOXY"}

tReligionEvents_1.RELIGIONGROUP_ISLAM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_CULTURE.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_FAITH.ID, "ISLAM"}

tReligionEvents_1.RELIGIONGROUP_HINDUISM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_FOOD.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_FOOD.ID, "HINDUISM"}

tReligionEvents_1.RELIGION_JUDAISM = {GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_SCIENCE.ID, GameInfo.Yields.YIELD_GOLD.ID, "JUDAISM"}

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. SnowyNix

SnowyNix At Least I Can Talk

18. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Persia's events and decisions option "Establish the Satrapies" does not work, as in each court does not get +2 :c5happy:

19. Natan35

Thanks! (though I don't really get why passover gives science and gold)
    BTW, when will you add events for each vanilla civ? I can help with ideas.

(Also Songhai's decisions are too expansive. 2 magistrates for a decision that may be enacted each era? That's too much.)

20. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

Hi Sukritact.
    I am trying to download the mod but I fail.
    I downloaded 7zip and then downloaded the mod to 7zip, and now I don't know what to do. Can you (or anyone else) help me?