1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Open a folder in The mods folder, located in the civilization V folder inside the games folder. Place the file inside the folder you opened, then right-click on the file. You should see an "7zip" option. Put the cursor on it. Then, another set if options will open. Press "extract here." Then a folder contains ing the mod should appear. Delete the original download. Now the mod should work.

(Also, long time no see)

2. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

For Spain's Establish the Spanish Inquisition decision, it would seem more fitting and far more useful if the decision converted all citizens to your founded religion rather than simply dropping an inquisitor on all of them.

3. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Hi Sukritact,

Just wondering when you are going to update the mod so that it includes fixes for some of the CTD bugs and/or bugs in general

Thanks in advance,

Carinyc

4. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

That's a hell of a patriotic donation.

5. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

The missing attachment from above.

Attached Files:

6. Thessil

Thessil Chieftain

Does anyone know how playable the mod is with *just* the decisions aspect of EnD? Or if you only use the Decisions part, if it's compatable with the multiplayer workaround? From what I understand registering the random events to specific players is what causes the desync?

7. Lelouch Vi

Lelouch Vi Chieftain

I may be an idiot but how do I install this?

8. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Download E&D, Unzip the main file into "C:\Users\'Your User Name'\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

9. Starrynite120

Starrynite120 Prince

I've had a weird bug lately. I am playing with quite a few other Mods, though the problem seems to be with this mod. Whenever i get the solar eclipse event, my game crashes when I pick a decision and then won't start, so I have to uninstall and then reinstall it.

10. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

The warriors service event causes CTD.

11. Natan35

Well, not for me... However, it always gives a warrior. Even in the renaissance era.

12. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Could someone explain why this is happening? I haven't the slightest clue why.
    Spoiler :

13. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Are those entries actually ending up in the database? You can always examine the database files with a SQLite Browser.
    Have you checked your Database.log for errors? How about the mod's Actions to ensure they're set to OnModAcrivated > UpdateDatabase?
    Attaching a copy of the built mod is always the best way so we don't have to guess.

14. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

And a mod list might be useful as well as the issue could be caused by incompatibility with another mod.

EDIT: also, make sure you use the latest version of the mod. I seem to recall there being a bug with one of the Roman decisions in an earlier version, though I can't recall what it was.

15. Enginseer

It's the latest version possible since I've just downloaded it yesterday from the main page. I would think it would be my mod compatibility, so I began to load it separately by itself with the same problem to no avail. I've also found out, this is the only problem. Since every other civ-related decisions don't seem to have the TXT_KEY_DECISIONS error. I've also looked into the Database.log in the folder and it seems to have error relating to the Rome Concrete problem.

Code:
        <OnModActivated>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/DecisionsAddinSupport.sql</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Core Decisions/CoreDecisions.sql</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Core Decisions/CoreDecisions_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions.sql</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Religious Decisions/ReligiousDecisions_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions_IconTextureAtlases.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Events/CoreEvents/CoreEvents_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Events/Civ Events/CivEvents_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Events/Religious Events/ReligiousEvents_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/SanMarco_EN_US.xml</UpdateDatabase>
        </OnModActivated>
    Looks right to me. :sad:

16. Nutty

Nutty Deity

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about E&D compatibility with a mod you were developing... If you post the database.log that might help.

17. Enginseer

EDIT: Problem is resolved, should not make the capital a puppet state.

Context: I usually play a game where I make my capital a puppet state through IGE which allows me to micromanage my warrior throughout the game for about 100 turns(marathon).
    When I turned my puppet state capital into annexed, the TXT_KEY resolved on itself.

Thanks for the effort.

18. Caesarowitz

Caesarowitz Chieftain

Good day.

I am having a problem when using this mod. For some strange reason, every time I start a new game, instead of jumping right into the action, I get this unpleasant surprise, as seen in the spoilers below. To make things clear, all other mods have been disabled, so I have already ruled out the possibility of an incompatible mod, and I have already redownloaded the mod three times, and in all three times this happens. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

I will appreciate any tips on what to do in this case.

Edit: Nevermind, managed somehow to stop having that screen displayed above. However, the "Enact Decision" menu still appears devoid of any possible decisions.

19. Natan35

Try to redownload the mod, or to clear your cache. This might help.

20. Zone

Zone Chieftain

Something weird happened for me with the decisions.
    On the "Codify Laws" decision, it says "Right click to see more info" or something like that in green. When I do, it shows me just random Civilopedia screen, like "Concepts" page.
    So, could anyone tell me what "Codify Laws" does?