1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Why is it that when I sometimes select a random event option I get a CTD? I'm only using this and the community patch, obviously.

Edit: On second thoughts it's been 24 hours and no response so I'll stop using this mod.

2. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I experience 3 or 4 CTD on some events on a entire Marathon game. Not a big deal. I reload turn T-1 and it goes fine.
    I'm a mod lover (this one and many others), so I if there is a way to divert a crash, that's fine

3. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

Instead of posting something that provides no real information and then waiting basically no time and throwing a fit and storming out, you could have actually helped by posting error logs.

Saying something crashed is useless without providing some context, and modders are not always active. A 24 hours isn't really a long time to wait for a response on a forum.

4. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Chieftain

So I've been getting some CTD with this mod. Not always but it seems whenever an event appears its possible for me to get one. This is my mods list... is there any here that would be incompatible in some way?:

3UC
    4UC
    Custom Advanced Setup Screen
    Info Addict
    More Luxuries
    More Pantheons
    Randomize City Names
    Tectonic Map Script

Thanks

5. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

First the n00b question; I've never seen a E&D event with the pictures shown in screen shots. Is this due to not having any of the Community patch mods?

Secondly, I noticed when Louis III mod is active (although not in the game) Napoleon loses his Civ specific E&D events. Not sure why.

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Is there a way to disable the Cultural Development events, but still have the normal events fire? I think the CulDev events are causing CTDs for me, and I'd like to at least try to see if they're the problem. Or is it gonna be a case of commenting them out in the file?

7. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

You can comment out the specific event (it's a single event) if you want to remove it. Yeah.

8. Chrisy15

Thanks, I'll do some troubleshooting with it. I've been getting consistent CTDs with JFD's Muscovy, and I'm wondering if it might be a problem related to the CulDiv fallback failing for Eastern.

9. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Chieftain

Which file exactly would be the best way to remove a particular event?

10. Chrisy15

Core --> Events --> CoreEvents --> CoreEvents.lua

11. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Chieftain

I commented out the Cultural Development event, and so far I have not experienced a CTD since. Not sure if it was a mod incompatibility or what, but my CTD problems were definitely with that one Event...

12. Krampiszman

Krampiszman Chieftain

Hello! I am running the Aspyr version of civ 5 on Mac. I have both the expansions as well as all the Civ DLC (But not all the map packs). Sometimes, when an event pops up, the game crashes:c5unhappy:. I will post the full report next time this happens, but for now, is there a way I can disable the events, but not the decisions? Thanks for your time!

P.S. I have my computer specs in my profile.

13. Bezhukov

Bezhukov Deity

I've run E&D fine on its own and am trying it with JFD's RTP mod. Every thing seems to be fine, except there's no diplocorner (I think the EUI does away with it). Is there a way to get to the E&D menu in EUI?

14. Chrisy15

Korea's Gunpowder decision allows you to enact it despite not having enough Magistrates, leading to a negative number of Magistrates; presumably the CanFunc has no check for the number of Magistrates?

15. SLGray

SLGray King

I have all the CP downloads including EU1 and all JFD's WIP's. Also this one. I do not know which one includes a decision about a holy book, but I encountered an issue. I got the message that a new decision was available. I went to the panel, but did not see one. Then I hovered over the notification, and it referred to a holy book.

Mods:
    CP
    CBO
    More Luxuries
    C4DC5
    RtP
    CulDiv
    CiD
    E&D

16. GiantLittleDog

GiantLittleDog Chieftain

Random question that has nothing to do with the above discussion:

Can you make an event fire at one specific year?

17. Chrisy15

Yes. See Guest Star event.

18. SLGray

SLGray King

When I hover over the notification, I see this about the holy book: TXT.......holybook. I can not remember what the other text is between TXT and holybook.

19. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

Not a complaint but so Corruption and Comet events come just when I need the Gold or Golden Age points, and the Technological breakthrough usually involves me making a fool of my self having no significance to the technology I'm researching. Real bad luck eh? :p

20. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Using events and decisions and had a crash when I clicked on Consolidate the Khaganate, while using the Bulan civ. I cannot get past the CTD. Had a great game going too. Let me know if this has been a problem for anyone else. Thanks.