Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Hey there, I'm trying to create some decisions for a civ, but for some reason after starting the game, the text boxes are messed up while hovering over the enact button:

Spoiler :
The text box's text is supposed for the last civ decision shown at the image:

I've looked at the Lua Decision Files and in the Lua.log before, but I can't find anything wrong. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

EDIT: Added the Decisions into the ZIP file.

Attachments

• Decisions.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Hey there, I'm trying to create some decisions for a civ, but for some reason after starting the game, the text boxes are messed up while hovering over the enact button:

Spoiler :
The text box's text is supposed for the last civ decision shown at the image:

I've looked at the Lua Decision Files and in the Lua.log before, but I can't find anything wrong. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

EDIT: Added the Decisions into the ZIP file.

Dunno if this is the cause, but pScroogeITCUnit is undefined in the decision - and even if it was defined, I'm pretty sure that setting a variable to nil is the equivalent of deleting it :/

Dunno if this is the cause, but pScroogeITCUnit is undefined in the decision - and even if it was defined, I'm pretty sure that setting a variable to nil is the equivalent of deleting it :/

That's weird. I've pretty much borrowed the Lua Code from the Dutch Navy Decision, but looking and comparing them plainly doesn't seem to reveal anything.

The Dutch Navy Decision's code...
Code:
pDutchNavyUnit = nil
       local pPlot = pCity:Plot()
       local iNumUnits = pPlot:GetNumUnits()
       for iVal = 0,(iNumUnits - 1) do
           local pUnit = pPlot:GetUnit(iVal)
           local iUnitClass = pUnit:GetUnitClassType()
           if (pUnit:GetUnitClassType() == GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_MERCHANT) or (pUnit:GetUnitClassType() == GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_GREAT_ADMIRAL) then
               pDutchNavyUnit = pUnit
               break
           end
       end
       if pDutchNavyUnit ~= nil then
           return true, true
       else
           return true, false
       end
...in comparison to the Duckburg ITC Wonder Decision (all I've changed from the vanilla code was the GP Requirement and iUnitclass) :
Code:
pScroogeITCUnit = nil
       local pPlot = pCity:Plot()
       local iNumUnits = pPlot:GetNumUnits()
       for iVal = 0,(iNumUnits - 1) do
           local pUnit = pPlot:GetUnit(iVal)
           local iUnitClass = pUnit:GetUnitClassType()
           if (iUnitclass == GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_GREAT_GENERAL) then
               pScroogeITCUnit = pUnit
               break
           end
       end
       if pScroogeITCUnit ~= nil then
           return true, true
       else
           return true, false
       end
   end

I am getting a City Decision event but clicking on its icon doesn't open a pop-up window. Clicking Next Turn is also not possible so I am stuck.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I am getting a City Decision event but clicking on its icon doesn't open a pop-up window. Clicking Next Turn is also not possible so I am stuck.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Lua log, although if it's got a finger notification on the right surely it's a CP Event...

Here is the log - http://pastebin.com/GQm27V0k

I see a "Runtime Error: Sound cannot be found" line. Is that it?

I suspect the problem is that you're using the Events Compendium without any of the JFDDLC; the EC requires both RTP and CID, because otherwise you'll end up with a lot of events that will be missing parts. This issue might be the cause of your problem, given that if the Runtime Error is connected to the issue then the event is likely referencing a sound effect added by CID, which obviously isn't there.

I suspect the problem is that you're using the Events Compendium without any of the JFDDLC; the EC requires both RTP and CID, because otherwise you'll end up with a lot of events that will be missing parts. This issue might be the cause of your problem, given that if the Runtime Error is connected to the issue then the event is likely referencing a sound effect added by CID, which obviously isn't there.
Thank you for the answer. It's really helpful. As I am starting to play Civ V with mods for the first time, I'm slowly adding mods one by one and completing game sessions to see how every mod plays. That's why I haven't yet installed the other JFD mods.

Bug in DecisionsAddinSupport.sql

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Building_YieldFromCityStates (
BuildingType text,
YieldType text,
Yield integer default 0,
IncludeFriendly boolean default false
);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Building_YieldFromCityStates (
BuildingType text,
YieldType text,
Yield integer default 0,
IncludeFriendly boolean default 0
);

greetz
:)

Events are random.

I'm normally aware that Events are random, but I'm not talking about the Events itself, but rather about the trigger to activate a specific event.

I'm normally aware that Events are random, but I'm not talking about the Events itself, but rather about the trigger to activate a specific event.

Code:
LuaEvents.PushRandomEventPopup(pPlayer, tEvent)

Apparently.

I am curious to what is wrong with this mod : I keep having to crash my game because I cannot click the pop-ups that the events generate. I Think it is a timing issue that has something to do with the event firing while it is still the AI doing their turn, so I am not allowed to click on stuff, OR that something else in the game also has a pop-up that has focus, but is hidden behind the mod pop-up. Any thoughts on this ?

Note that is only happens sometimes not every popup.

The events seem to be functioning okay, but I cannot seem to be able to find the Decisions menu. I understand it was supposed to show on the same drop down list as the Science or Unit List options, right?

i haven't played civ 5 in a while, do i need this one or events compendium?

Top Bottom