SuperCiv mod: addition of different civilizations

for the one interrested, here is so far where i am in the developpement of 1.05 (hope it will satisfied a little the very impatient ones)

V1.05
update to
Patch 1.52 (the big work with the text file totally messed up with é, à, ç, ù and a lot of other french, spanish, portuguese, italian, german, serbo-croat and italian strange characters. and some "," "-" and other """ that were in another truetype, almost 1 week of work to understand that the "wrong ponctuation" was messing up the file)
Croatia 1.02
Magyar 1.04
Scotland V1.02 (William Wallace kept because i like him and i have some special diplo sound for him, a free download of V1.05 -when avalaible- for the first one to tell me which song is used -three different variant of the same song-)
mix:
between Ariks and civarmy Israel
add:
Australia by Charcoal
Argentina by Civarmy s.1994 (civarmy, you make it so much easier for me!!! is it related to the next level mod?)
bonus:
diplo sound size are smaller (thanks Anima Croatorum for the tips) and so it will be lighter than before

on work (priority):
bulgaria V1.03 (update)
Ireland and wales by sadistic (priority for celtic civ, that should had been in for a long time :cool:)
civarmy's civ (about a half dozen)
Philipines (requested by some people)
Austria (because Sissi was cast on TV recently in France and i want to crush Francois-Joseph)
California (requested)

i may release V1.05 at this point but the following are bonuses (and unfortunatly, some of the previous may appear only at 1.06)

giving some LH and art to the old civ missing (top of the head: william wallace, Quebec)
other civs (they don't have so much art (LH, colours, skinned units) so they are not a priority

PS:
1) if you want some pictures of what i've done so far, just tell it so in this thread
2) I appreciate that people make request (it proves that my work worth it), but i appreciate more that people request civs that had been modded.
If you people want a civ to be added in Superciv, and nobody modded it, just try to do it, it's not that complicated. Then we can discuss if this civ could be in the next release...
3) I really, and i mean really, dislike that people make requests of civ to be modded in the subforum. i'm fed up to see "Siamese civ" as a thread and discover that the guy want the work to be done. maybe someone can create a sticky request thread so people ask in it. Sorry for the people i offensed but i can't bear it anymore.
4) i like to see screenshots when i look at a new civ. So i know what to expect (Skinned unit or not, LH, etc...) By experience, i work faster and better on screenshotted civ!!!

Perhaps you can add my Chechen and (soon to be available) Basque civs as well into your superciv mod?

I think getting some of CivArmys work would rock. Maybe combine mods? Like adding Next Level Mod? Also have you tried the "Leaders" mod by Lytothy ? I don't know how to put mods together but I would put those two in.

Perhaps the First People's Pack by Wyz? Seeing as it adds several civs. Also, keep up the good work. Your superciv definately makes things easier.

I'm looking forward to this, just waiting for the new version since I have 1.52.
Great effort LAnkou

awsome!!!!! now i can finally play as serbia!

V1.05 out!!!

1) I love the way Anima Croatorum wrote his civs. (Wish everybody wrote a change log and a separate art folder)
2) i hope the author of Philippines will do the same...
3) as you can see, there is not everything that i said to do. California is missing, but, don't worry, i expect to release V1.06 quite soon. And before you ask for it, i will do a patch V1.05->V1.06. To say the truth, i was bored to add civs, without any releasing, that's why i make a little break.
4) I will update Bretagne and the Celts (third leader, remember?) before 1.06 and maybe do Italy or Belgium (more Italy than Belgium, but who knows?)
5) I lessen the size of some sound file, meaning you have more with smaller. More people DL the vanilla V1.04 and only a few the soundout, does i really need to make a soundout version? if yes, i'm sorry to say that but that will wait 1.06 i think. But don't be shy and tell me if you need, i will surely do it for 1.06. If you don't tell me, i won't do a soundout version.
6)the changelog and the link are on the first page.

Happy Civing

don't hesitate to tell me what's wrong (bugs, white flag, etc, etc, i will try to correct it as soon as possible)

Curse You :p Just as I added the leader mod to it >.<

Oh and if you want any help adding new civs I can do it I think. So you could create civs :p.

Um he has to finish uploading it. It isn't there yet.

now, if you not find it, you are blind!!!

finish uploading!!!

sorry Dusty4prez, the leaders mod is on the way too...but it's not a priority.

I was just joking It just took me along time to put it together because it was my first time combining :D Now it's quite easy. Anyways, thanks for release it'll be awesome I imagine :D

Well perhaps its just me but I keep getting an error in the Diplomacy text xml that says it doesn't start and end with the same tag. I tried to fix it but I get what you se in the main C&C forum

There is a serious problem in parsing the file CIV4Diplomacyinfos.xml when loading the new Superciv mod. The previous version was fine, but those new version have a problem with the diplmacy. The game starts and while starting warns for the problem in parsing the xml file then when I play i cannot negotiate with the other leaders. There is probably error somewhere. Please fix it as soon as possible we wanna play. I suspect the problem might be in the Australian civ mod because i tried those version before and it had the same problem.

Thankz for the good job the superciv mod i perfect.

Good job LAnkou :goodjob: . This is a major project and your efforts are greatly appreciated. I've also had a problem with the diplomacy thingy. I have attached a screen shot for your reference.

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 241
strange, i don't have this problem.

try this hotfix (zipfile)

and put it in the Superciv/assets/xml/gameinfo folder (answer yes when replacing is asked)

HIH

Attachments

• CIV4DiplomacyInfos.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 176
Could someone please host the file with another one.(filefront) Rapidshare doesn't like me...Anyways it says there are too many people downloading.

Top Bottom