SuperCiv mod: addition of different civilizations

Greetings all!!

I absolutly love this mod :) it rocks! Ive been playing as Celts, Scottish and Mayans they all rule (literally :) )

Just a quick question though: is it possible for you LAnkou to add new leaders to the original civs? (because im useless at moding civ 4) I would really love to see Ramses II as another Egyptian Leader (Industrious and Creative) and would some one also make an Australian / Aboriginal Civ???

Once again i Love this mod. Thanks LAnakou.

Signed P.L.

when i try to play superciv mod, after loading mod, i can't find any change in the game ...
how is it possible? no more civ added? it seems to be the same...can someone help me?

Malvi said:
when i try to play superciv mod, after loading mod, i can't find any change in the game ...
how is it possible? no more civ added? it seems to be the same...can someone help me?

When starting Civ4, hold 'Shift' to clear the cache. Then try loading the mod.

Malvi said:

do you click on 'Advanced' on the main menu and then select 'superciv' ?

Signed Psych.

yes

I hope to give you some christmas gift

if i manage to do all that i want, the leader mod will be include (without the leader i don't want to be in, again, no discussion about that) and even if last version of scotland is without william wallace, i think i will keep it...

thanks for the kind words

Hey Lankou,
Look fwd to using your mod!! But i'm not sure if you answered my question on compatibility or was responding to the question right after mine.

Can it be used in conjunction with other 'super' mods like Savo's without alot of work?

Thanks!

Can I tag along with another question - will you update the civilizations currently included in the mod if they have been updated to later versions on their own?

Or, if it's too much work, write a short guide how we could do it with your mod if we have those smaller updated mods?

And thanks for so much good work! Can't wait for Christmas :king:

Mr_V said:
Can I tag along with another question - will you update the civilizations currently included in the mod if they have been updated to later versions on their own?

Or, if it's too much work, write a short guide how we could do it with your mod if we have those smaller updated mods?

And thanks for so much good work! Can't wait for Christmas :king:

I think he's been doing that all along. If you check on page one you can see what versions have been updated.

Great, cheers :)

normally, mods are not compatible (but i think blue marble is since there is no xml changes)

i update mods (and that's what take a lot of time, except Anima Croatorum ones since he make an additionnal text files with all the changes)

and basically, i generally choose the first mod made (with some exception, Israel will be a mix of the two existing one)

I can see that you have put a lot of effort into this. Fine work. :)
I really like Charcoals Australian Mod. Is there any chance of seeing it included? Some of us in the Southern hemisphere are feeling a bit left out. :(

It looks like a great mod, however I've been unable to load it. I have downloaded Superciv V.1.04 and extracted it to the mod folder under a folder called Bretagne (also tried to name a folder Superciv and extracted it there) but after loading the mod (under advanced, load mod) I still come up with only the civs given with the game. I have tried clearing the cache and then loading it...and get the same thing. I am running ver 1.09 of civ IV and wonder if maybe that has something to do with it; I am also running the blue marble terrain overlay but I've read that the two are compatible. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

:confused:

gps5478 said:
It looks like a great mod, however I've been unable to load it. I have downloaded Superciv V.1.04 and extracted it to the mod folder under a folder called Bretagne (also tried to name a folder Superciv and extracted it there) but after loading the mod (under advanced, load mod) I still come up with only the civs given with the game. I have tried clearing the cache and then loading it...and get the same thing. I am running ver 1.09 of civ IV and wonder if maybe that has something to do with it; I am also running the blue marble terrain overlay but I've read that the two are compatible. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

:confused:

If you a mod folder, you need *two* folders (main + subfolder) - 'Mod_name'/Assets/

ok with the release of the 1.52 patch, i'm going to check and fix what i've done so far before releasing a V1.05 that wouldn't be playable for people with the patch

with the ending of the year approaching, i won't have so much time to get the job done before 2006, but don't worry, 2006 will see V1.05 (and i think 1.06 and others too :) )

australia will be in V1.06 and i hope all developped mods too...
be sure that i'm concerned by your demands...

now i'm gonna diseapear of the forums until 2006 cause i will have some social life: my girlfriend is coming, hate civ 4 cause i play to much and she prefer me being with her rather than on the computer. i do prefer being with her than on the computer too, because she will go back to Nice after new year's day...
to sum up, like arnold used to say: I'll be back...don't worry

LAnkou said:
ok with the release of the 1.52 patch, i'm going to check and fix what i've done so far before releasing a V1.05 that wouldn't be playable for people with the patch

with the ending of the year approaching, i won't have so much time to get the job done before 2006, but don't worry, 2006 will see V1.05 (and i think 1.06 and others too :) )

australia will be in V1.06 and i hope all developped mods too...
be sure that i'm concerned by your demands...

now i'm gonna diseapear of the forums until 2006 cause i will have some social life: my girlfriend is coming, hate civ 4 cause i play to much and she prefer me being with her rather than on the computer. i do prefer being with her than on the computer too, because she will go back to Nice after new year's day...
to sum up, like arnold used to say: I'll be back...don't worry

A much deserved break! Have a nice one!

Top Bottom