Supremacy Victory

Skulbow

The Lonely Cyclist
To achieve this I had to launch the Lasercom satelite which I did and then research Hyper computing which I did. I am L15 in Supremacy but I can't build the Emancipation Gate as even after finishing hypercomputing the tooltips read says in progress but it isn't I have finished it. Is there something I am not doing?

The OP already said they were at Level 15 . .

I'll check tonight if I have time Skulbow, I can't think of any other conditions. Try filtering the tech tree for Victories, see if any un-researched techs stand out. I haven't done Emancipation for some time.

Just in case you missed this: The gate is a wonder that you have to place on the map. If you choose the wonder in the city view, the map shows black circles over each tile, click on one to place the wonder there.

Thanks guys...I have met all prerequisites..L15/Hypercomputing/Lasercon satelite. I have done this victory before and never had this happen.... Emancipation Gate is not showing up in Build mode only Exodus Wonder for Purity which I am on L5. That's no good for me. Could it be a bug with the new patch???

Upload your save file somewhere so people can check. Savegames can be found in:

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Saves\single\

Alright, looked at it and yes, it's very obvious that you're not doing anything wrong and that it is bugged as you assumed.

Seems like the Quest System didn't correctly register the fact that you already got that Technology. Not sure how that happens, but I'd submit it as a proper error report.

Yeah, players have mentioned this bug here as well:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=553660

So, it looks like you've just recently made peace with Elodie on turn 254. You also finished a research project on that turn, according to the notification log.

>>> By any chance, did you complete Hypercomputing with spoils of war science?

If so, this may almost confirm what I've been suspecting; which is that this particular listener for the quest in the code isn't being triggered when a technology is finished via spoils of war. Everything else knows you've researched it, so you can build Hypercores. You're also getting the +1 science to Nodes (tested it with Firetuner). It's just the quest that thinks you didn't complete Hypercomputing yet and it isn't unlocking the Emancipation Gate for you.

I think this would be a good place for Firaxis to start looking, since this has been working fine before the patch. Players are only now having trouble with this after alternate methods were introduced to gain technology.

Thanks guys...I have met all prerequisites..L15/Hypercomputing/Lasercon satelite. I have done this victory before and never had this happen.... Emancipation Gate is not showing up in Build mode only Exodus Wonder for Purity which I am on L5. That's no good for me. Could it be a bug with the new patch???

I've actually had that problem before the current patch on multiple occasions. I always figured it was something incompatible with a mod, or with the Mac version, but if you aren't using mods, and aren't driving a Mac, the problem may be more widespread than I knew.

As I posted in another thread, it seems to bug for some reason and not let you build the gate even after doing all the requirements. Still don't know why. Only had it happen once so far.

So it's not just you, even if the issue seems uncommon/rare so far.

Thanks for all replies... I visited that other thread too which discusses this same issue so it very much looks like it is a bug of sorts. I tried for supremacy in my last game on this patch and it was working as meant but I lost anyway to an AI player who also went supremacy. So obviously something triggers the bug and I am not sure what I did differently. I am sure I never got the tech through a war agreement though.
I have actually gone back to a saved game about 30 turns back and not had the war and still same result. :(

Top Bottom