CHOOSE INFIDEL

• Sweet

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Sour

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Neither.

By the way,
Does anyone besides myself find American and Chinese restaurant food having much in common?

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom
Neither.

By the way,
Does anyone besides myself find American and Chinese restaurant food having much in common?
Yes, both countries seem to have a love of sweet entrees. I think in America the cause is that for at least 30 years kids have been growing up on Coca Cola and Chinese or Vietnamese take-out.

I have a sweet tooth. So its sweets for me :D. Though the Irony is I dont eat much candy.

@Drewcifer. Coke's the perfect accompaniment to gooey Chinese food. The Chinese-American parallel hit me after ordering BBQ Chicken Nuggets (I think it was) at a KFC drive-through. What could be more American than that? They were sweet, and sour, breaded and soggy, pungent and alive with MSG flavour, jumbled and sticky together in in little take-out box. I wondered why the paper bag contained no disposable pair of chopsticks to eat with. I wouldn't eat Chinese food with my hands.

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom
@Drewcifer. Coke's the perfect accompaniment to gooey Chinese food.
It's acidity is the perfect accompaniment to the sweet richness of the food. It is the same reason that the crisp Mosel Reislings are often suggested as the perfect wine to match with such foods.

Top Bottom