[Sword of Islam]: Mamluk Domination

Oh, sorry, didn't see the latest post. Do your set, and if finished I can do mine afterwards tonight (european time).

Well, since it has been quite some hours since Blzzrd wrote, and he hasn't posted, I'll assume he waited for confirmation and hasn't played. So I played my set now.

Turn 1: Move troops around.

Turn 2: Faras revolts and join us. I keep it. Initiate settler construction in Iraq and Iran. Realized we have a large stack of unpromoted Toassin Mamluks in Sebhasd (eastern anatolia) set to sleep. Any particular purpose for keeping them there? I promoted them and moved out.

Turn 3: Esfahan captured and kept. Safavids kept low, great general born.

Turn 4: Mughal spawns. Shiraz captured and kept. Safavids vassalized while giving us Gorgan. Baylakan given back to them, plus some horses, sorghum and a third resource I forgot to keep them stable. That leaves us with the question of "Where now?" Settlers should be arriving shortly to found the last cities in persia, but besides picking up the independent inland, where do we go? We need Kerman for Shahanshah so I start moving some forces there.

Turn 5: Portugese asks us for war with Oman. I comply, since they canceled the deals this turn anyway and we are soon going to war with them. Yazd captured and kept (for Shahanshah). Met the Khanate of Bukhara. Great general settled in Constantinople, it got great production.

Turn 6. Move towards Kerman. Meet Khanate of Bukhara, and begin the road towards them. We are collapsing (-52), a heretic for some reason, and we are starting to run low on funds.

Turn 7: All deals with Mewar canceled, they were probably destroyed.

Turn 8: (I think, or still turn 7): send the first finished settler towards the sulphur north of Teheran.

Turn 9: Oman collapses. Kerman captured and kept. We now only need western khorasan for Shahanshah, so forces are sent towards there using the half-finished road.

Turn 10: More forces marshalled towards western Khorasan. A substantial amount of settlers are being built or have been built.
Out of AP:s five goals, 1-3 have been accomplished. Baylakan has been given back and settlers are en route for the other goals. Currently, I think the priority is to get western Khorasan for the title, then start thinking about liberating cities to the safavids.

Attachments

• Baibars AD-1534.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Good job.
Why Constantinople? I NEVER build troops there at this point of the game, because I concentrate on making gold there. It's also way too far from the front lines. Angora, Hamah or Baghdad would have been much better.
Georgia should be vassalized if possible, if not, then capture all their land and divvy it up among our vassals.
By now we should also expand into Yemen and Makuria.

We're a heretic because we declared war on Ottomans and Oman (all Sunni) and razed some cities with Sunni.

Well, since it has been quite some hours since Blzzrd wrote, and he hasn't posted, I'll assume he waited for confirmation and hasn't played.
Correct, I was heading for bed by the time I saw the confirmation from jusos. I'll play a set tonight (Melbourne time).

Constantinople had very high production (52 I think) and I thought it would be building horse archers. Angora only had about half that. Baghdad primarily built settlers during my turn set.

I guess Georgia was what the troops in Sebhasd was for? Then we need to start funneling troops towards there. The troops en route to western khorasan should be enough for the Khanate of Bukhara. We've got a large force in Mecca for Yemen. Makuria is all barbarian and should fall really quickly to horse archers with our bonus.

Turn 0
Start with 233g + 27gpt @ 20% science.
Sell World Map to Yemen for 40g. Trade Hemp to Malwa for 2gpt. Demand Salt (+6gpt), Cotton (+30gpt) plus all surplus resources (Iron, Apples) from Ak Koyunlu. Demand Silk from Safavids (+19gpt). Sell WM to Safavids for their WM + 10g. Sell WM to Delhi for 20g. Trade Barley to Delhi for 2gpt. Demand surplus Fish, Honey from Ottomans. Upgrade deal with Bahman from 2gpt to 4gpt.
Finish with 296g + 83gpt.

Move sleeping units out towards Yemen and Makuria.
We have 18.35% land and need 25% for Domination.

Turn 1
Moving through former Makurian lands, we capture Dunqulah and Kuraymah. Declare War on Yemen.

Turn 2
Lose a boat to Yemeni attacks, although we take down one for the team first.

Turn 3
Lose trade contact with Delhi. Great Saint is born in Al-Qusur, settled in Al-Minya (Royal Mint). Capture Yemeni cities of Zabid and Zinjibar. Declare on Georgia and capture Siyazan and Ghishi. Declare on Bukhara also and move into Western Khorasan. Trade Barley to Portugal for Silver.

Turn 4
Capture ex-Makurian city of Merwah. Spread Sunni Islam in Samarra. Capture Sana'a. Yemen still won't capitulate though, even though only one city left.

Turn 5
Capture 2x Yemeni workers. Now they capitulate. Open borders with Yemen and liberate all Yemeni cities. They become Unstable.
Capture Farah and Zaranj from Rebels. Safavids would accept these cities if liberated, but I keep for ourselves. Spread Islam in Wasit. Capture Soba in Nubia. Found Koutum to block Safavids.

Turn 6
Capture Mashad and become Shahanshah. :king:

Sign ceasefire with Georgia when I notice a stack of Georgian units outside our vassal Ak Koyunlu's nearby city. We need more siege units to do much more damage to Georgia anyway so a pause in this campaign for now is OK. Capture Bukharan capital of Urganj. They won't capitulate though. Spread Sunni Islam in Dunqulah.

Turn 7
City Planning is learnt. Rush Shalimar Gardens in our capital. Found Aydhab and Debarwa to fill up more of Africa. Spread Sunni Islam in Kuraymah and Qazvid, and we are back to Faithful again. :)
Capture Gwadar, could liberate to Yemen but that might hurt their already Unstable position so we keep. Currently at 22.3%, I drop science to 0% and push up culture as far as our treasury can handle (40%).

Turn 8
Shalimar Gardens are built. Trigger our Golden Age with 3x Great People. Still have a spare Great Engineer. Found "CityNameMissing" on the coast between Makkah and Yemen and liberate to Yemen. Still doesn't get a city name though. :eek:
Found Esfarayan in Western Khorasan. Capture Marv. Found Kashan, Berbent and Basrah also for the final land grab. We have 23.49% land at the moment, but many cities will pop cultural borders next turn (10+).

Turn 9
Domination Victory with 25.39% of land!

We didn't quite have time to take Aksum, although our Trebuchets were almost done reducing the city defences to the ground. And we didn't have time to sink any Portuguese ships either.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Nice! That was sooner than I thought. How does it compare in finishing date to the other Mamluk domination games that you have played? I wasn't that much quicker when doing UHV with Mamluks (1512).

Nice!:goodjob:

This was a rather short SG, but fun nontheless. Someone should figure out a more challenging SoI SG..?

The Saladin title is a bit ironic. :D
What's next? A Caliph game?

I think a Byzantine game would be nice--it's long, and it shows off SoI's various historical events nicely, and most players know the Byzantines already (as opposed to, say, the Ghaznavids ["who?"]) so might pique more interest. (plus I have yet to play the version that has the Venetian conquest of Constantinople)

The Saladin title is a bit ironic. :D
I thought so too. ;)

I think a Byzantine game would be nice--it's long, and it shows off SoI's various historical events nicely, and most players know the Byzantines already (as opposed to, say, the Ghaznavids ["who?"]) so might pique more interest. (plus I have yet to play the version that has the Venetian conquest of Constantinople)
I love playing the Byzantines the best in SoI. I think a UHV game with a bunch of additional challenges (which could be added to as needed along the way) would be a great SG idea.
I do have some pre-set ideas on how Byzantines should be played for this mod though, but would equally enjoy sharing ideas from others on how they think Byzantines should be played!
When do we start?

How about the challenge that the Byzantines should conquer the world! (since we can't collapse):D

Byzantines would be fun. The main challenge for me when playing them is dealing with Rûm-Karman-Ottoman. Last time I tried to vassalize Rûm and be ever-so-nice to them, but they still collapsed.

We don't need no stinking vassals, smash them! I refuse the flip and move my troops out of cities, then use stacks of Cataphracts to destroy their troops before they can reach my cities (after 3rd turn from spawn). Works for me. 8 turns later and they are destroyed.

If you look in the riseandfall.py file, you'll see that they are destined to collapse around 1290 or so if they are anything but stable, so that Ottomans can spawn and they can respawn later as Karaman.

Top Bottom