Tactics and Strategy Turns 40-50

We don't need to speed ahead with the scout. It's role is not to make contact with other civs, it's role is to scout for city deployment purposes.

Our turn is up. Let's make the moves as agreed but WAIT to end turn as we still have diplo to sort out.

Oh man, you've ended the turn already :(

Btw aren't our 2 workers 1 turn from completing their tasks?

Intelligence

I discovered that the worst population is 22000. This means that Team Saturn has a Pop 3 Capital and two Pop 1 cities. The first nation with 3 cities up.

Note: I played this turn right now, to make sure we get 1 more turn up on the negotiations with them.
Pop 3 = 21,000 btw. So the team with 22000 pop has one Pop 3 city and one pop 1 city. I think there are 2 teams that are like this now. MS and Saturn.

Btw you've missed the fact that MS founded a city this turn.

Hmm, I think you've boobed again :(

Spoiler :

First of all, what you've done does not correlate with this:

Unit Actions
Warrior 1 > F
Warrior 2 > F
Warrior 3 > SW
Worker 1 > Mine complete in 2
Worker 2 > Chop in 2
Work Boat > NE, N
Scout > W, skip

The scout went W,S, not W,skip. The workboat went NE, NE. That's not really important.

What is important though is that worker 1 completed the Gold mine but you didn't swap the city to USE the Gold :cry:

Pavlodar is still working the Forested grassland!!! That's a sweet 9:commerce: we've just missed out on.

In addition to the premature road we've now missed out on 3 turns of mined Gold. That's 21:commerce: lost in total :cry:

Well, Cav got no happiness resources at all. And I had to run this turn through fast, to make sure we gained 1 turn delay on them. I also did the gold part.

They are very insistent on the beeline, and have major qualms about sailing first. Maybe we should beeline straight for alphabet, and get the trades done before they meet a third party?

Niklas is also very keen on the Oracle, but keeps back what they really want. He mentioned currency, metal casting and feudalism as their priorities there.

Should we risk the deal by insisting the oracle be completed first, with metal casting?

This will be my last turn, I got my lesson here. But for the present talks, I wanted to get one turn more on stalling their workboat.

I do not see the point in rushing the turn. We could have stalled the diplomacy as well as the turn if we needed to. That's one value of email diplomacy versus chatting - the diplomacy goes slower. Also we can stall their work boat all we want by just telling them flat out that we will not agree to a phony war. We really need to slow down and think.

Now can we get this thread back on track? Aside from working the gold what else should we be doing next turn?

Also, we do not want them to have very high GDP readings this turn, as we are about to get the feudalism deal in place. If we show too much research capability this very second, feudalism will cost us more.

Provo,

I don't understand your logic behind playing the turn fast. It makes no sense to me at all. I had even raised an issue about a move possibility with our scout and there seemed to be some discussion still going on it.

But then you made a unilateral decision to abruptly play the turn- and this isn't the first time! After the first mistake with the gold you indicated you wouldn't play any more turns, yet here we are again... Compound this with the diplomatics actions you have taken upon yourself without any team input and I would say that it is time that you step back from these roles.

I want your voice here in the forum for sure. I agree with your opinions as much as I disagree with them. And you really bring so much to the table. But at this point I would be uncomfortable with you having any role beyond that.

This is risky...we could lose the warrior if the bear is there...

Smoke,

It wouldn't have been risky at all if we moved the scout one tile W first, then the warrior onto the hill, then finally move the scout again. The first move by the scout would have revealed if the warrior would be safe or not on the hill.

Too bad it's moot at this point...

Provo,

I don't understand your logic behind playing the turn fast. It makes no sense to me at all. I had even raised an issue about a move possibility with our scout and there seemed to be some discussion still going on it.

But then you made a unilateral decision to abruptly play the turn- and this isn't the first time! After the first mistake with the gold you indicated you wouldn't play any more turns, yet here we are again... Compound this with the diplomatics actions you have taken upon yourself without any team input and I would say that it is time that you step back from these roles.

I want your voice here in the forum for sure. I agree with your opinions as much as I disagree with them. And you really bring so much to the table. But at this point I would be uncomfortable with you having any role beyond that.

Kaleb has contacted Niklas, so they will both be on MSN soon. This is the way we can handle the diplomacy from now on. However, we cannot do much without the chat, as letters alone calls for paranoia, misunderstandings and propaganda. Only letters is as bad as chat alone. Now we got a concrete proposal we can comment on and handle.

If Kaleb is connecting with Niklas on MSN, I can step back immediately from the diplomacy function.

However, do not forget that we have gotten a lot of intel on Cavaleiros through these talks, and its very important to understand them.
They got no gold or happiness resource, they got two animals inside their borders, they indeed plan for Oracle and Feudalism and so on.

We would never be in a position to be part of that Feudalism slingshot without these talks. Getting the turn quickly done was a matter of subterfuge (masking the GDP jump along with completing myst).

I also did the gold part.
No you didn't, at least not until after you ended the turn. Elementary stuff there...

Kaleb has contacted Niklas, so they will both be on MSN soon
I will talk about this in the diplomacy thread, but I think I can at least persuade him of a 1 turn delay on the wb. Every turn might count...

They already know our internal process may give them passage turn 48 or turn 49, depending on how you put it.

...However, we cannot do much without the chat, as letters alone calls for paranoia, misunderstandings and propaganda. Only letters is as bad as chat alone. Now we got a concrete proposal we can comment on and handle.
I have never been opposed to chat. I don't think anyone has. What I am against is an "ambassador" (who unilaterally appointed himself no less!) making claims and agreements for the team and revealing information without any diplomatic instructions whatsoever. You indicated to Team Cav that Donsig is our Foreign Minister- but have you taken any directions from him? From the team? Or have you just been deciding on your own how to deal with Team Cav, saying whatever you think is best?

...Getting the turn quickly done was a matter of subterfuge (masking the GDP jump along with completing myst).

Huh? If we wanted to mask the GNP couldn't we just switch to working the gold, hit end turn, and then go back to working something else? Of course you forgot to work the gold completely so yeah, good job masking the GNP by not getting it at all...

Well, I am retiring as diplomat, as soon as Kaleb is on MSN.

Are people happy with the following?

Unit Actions
Warrior 1-3 > F (de ne naanaa naanaa, who ya gonna call?... FOG BUSTERS!)
Worker 1&2 > Keep doing what their doing
Work Boat > Keep exploring
Scout > NW, NW​

I am happy with all this, but make sure that the boat goes as fast as possible.

Are people happy with the following?

Unit Actions
Warrior 1-3 > F (de ne naanaa naanaa, who ya gonna call?... FOG BUSTERS!)
Worker 1&2 > Keep doing what their doing
Work Boat > Keep exploring
Scout > NW, NW​

Looks good to me.

Top Bottom