Tamar ability bug?

Kung-Fu knight

Chieftain
I wasn’t sure whether or not to post this in the bug report section since I cant tell if I’m doing something wrong but for the second game in a row playing as georgia I couldn’t get the double envoys on city states with the same religion to proc. I would convert the city and send an envoy but even when the majority religion was mine it would only reward a single envoy. Am I doing something wrong?

I haven't played Tamar since GS, but I noticed that the extra envoy isn't shown immediately. Only when you exit the city state screen and re-enter it is the extra envoy displayed.

Perhaps that's why?

I'm currently playing Georgia and it seems that you have to wait 1 turn for the religion to set in, then invest the envoy(s), exit the city-state screen and reopen it to see the extra envoy.

It's a bit tedious and non-intuitive.

I made the mistake in a Georgia game of not making my religion the majority in my empire before seeking the extra envoys. You can't just have founded the religion; it has to be your majority religion. (That's probably not your problem, but I thought I'd flag the issue just in case.)

So I booted up my game and it turns out that the problem was that i didn’t convert most of my empire so it didn’t count for the ability, which is a bit counter intuitive honestly. Thanks for the help.

Out of curiosity, does it matter when the envoy goes out (before or after conversion)?

I thought this thread would be about the Tsikhe. I think they forgot to add the Battering Ram and Siege Tower defenses to it. They're only on the base Renaissance Walls in the code as far as I can tell.

It would apply to any "wall" UB in the BuildingReplaces table.

If that is true, then the Basilikoi Paides and Ordu are doubling up on the XP gain of Barracks/Stable. However the Sukiennice doesn't have the Market's Trade Route modifier explicitly written out in the code as far as I can see, yet it grants exactly 1 trade route.

Edit: Found it: the Sukiennice does have that modifier. Anything inherent to the item needs to be duplicated. Anything applied in-game via modifier will work on replacements. For example, a policy applies a boost to all Neighborhoods -> it finds Mbanzas just fine.

Last edited:
I sometimes can't figure out FXS logic. In one of my own mods I have 3 different modifiers applied to walls that work just as well with or without adding a BuildingReplaces select statement. However, just taking a quick look at the d/b tonight, I see that FXS has separate modifiers - "STAR_FORT_PREVENT_MELEE_ATTACK_OUTER_DEFENSES" & "TSIKHE_PREVENT_MELEE_ATTACK_OUTER_DEFENSES" - but, has attached them both to "BUILDING_STAR_FORT". Same goes for the bypass modifiers. There's nothing specifically attached to the Tsikhe. Very strange.

I sometimes can't figure out FXS logic. In one of my own mods I have 3 different modifiers applied to walls that work just as well with or without adding a BuildingReplaces select statement. However, just taking a quick look at the d/b tonight, I see that FXS has separate modifiers - "STAR_FORT_PREVENT_MELEE_ATTACK_OUTER_DEFENSES" & "TSIKHE_PREVENT_MELEE_ATTACK_OUTER_DEFENSES" - but, has attached them both to "BUILDING_STAR_FORT". Same goes for the bypass modifiers. There's nothing specifically attached to the Tsikhe. Very strange.

Where do you see that the Tsikhe ability has been applied to the Star Fort? I can only find that the Star Fort blocks both the Battering Ram and the Siege Tower. I don't see anything about the Tsikhe at all (which means it doesn't block those things).

Top Bottom