Team Epsilon

Thats ok, in the end it worked in our favour as it made epsilon give us an insight. Great work there BC, even if you didn't mean it:lol:

feudalism...I was saying if they were planning on attacking another team that was using horses. They would need the pikes. being that we have a UU that is a horse UU...I would hope to force as many as possible to research it for themsleves.

i expect someone will find iron...

If someone does then they have a very big advantage because its not just pikes that rely on it. The bigest advantage would be frigates, a team with iron would rule the seas until destroyers. Cannons would also be very very useful.

I doubt there is iron just laying around for just one team. However, there may be an island somewhere with iron...

I think robboo was refering to a team winning the lottery by mining a hill and discovering iron.

The chances are remote, its something like 5% you will discover something from mining a hill and then it could be anything metal or mineral

I was referring to a iron patch in the arctic or a random lotto. Sirian is a twisted guy

...Anyone ever payed a test game with out iron...

Epsilon sent an email to our account. I peeked at it.

Basically, they rejected our last trade offer. They really want to know the lay of our lands. They offered Philosophy for either us letting their explorer in for 20 turns or simply a copy of our map. They also said we could negotiate for another tech like Compass. They also pointed out that we have open borders with everyone else, and are wondering why we won't sign one with them.

Thoughts? I say we keep stalling in diplomacy while we ready our military for a sneak attack. Ala the Japanese in the late 30's early 40's against America. Except we should make sure we win this war.

Hmmmm...tell them that those teams arent walking around trying to look in our borders.

/I really miss the privateer boats.

the message itself said:
Dear Aloha,

Thanks for writing us back, we're sorry a deal couldn't be worked out.
And I apologize for the long delay in responding.

The Leader, may he live forever, is not quite ready to throw open the
borders of Epsilon to foreign military powers – so we will regrettably
have to decline any non-restricted open borders deal.

However – we do have a couple ideas – we've noticed you've signed open
borders with all the other nations, and so we hope it's not
presumptuous to assume that you're less xenophobic in guarding your
borders than our Dear Leader. Therefore, we'd like to toss out a
couple trade ideas:

Option A) Temporary Right of Passage
You could sell us a right-of-passage through your lands (for
our explorer) in exchange for Philosophy (800:science: ).
We could sign an open border agreement for just the minimum 20 turns,
with the understanding that only our explorer would enter your
borders, and you would continue to respect our borders. We could give
you Philosophy right now, you would open your borders for 20 turns,
and then snap them shut when our time is up.​

Option B) Map Sale
We would pay you Philosophy (800:science: ) in
exchange for your map.
Our explorer gets back on the boat and leaves your land forever.​

We'd be happy to negotiate on these points if you'd like to substitute
Philosophy for some other tech (Compass?) or if you had some other
idea?

Any interest in that deal at all?
We look forward to hearing your reply.

All the best to you,

Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

message to send back :)

Greetings Epsilon

I'm afraid we can agree to neither of them deals, we would of course be interested in trading for philosophy and compass. However the chief (i assume) is a lot like your leader, he is very loathe to let explorers into our land when the deal cannot be reciprocated.

I am also afraid we will have to turn down the offer of our map in exchange for philosophy, the map contains sensitive information from not only our nation but also a variety of others so we can hardly justify the sale of them for a drop out university subject ;)

[OPTIONAL EXTRA] However we could perhaps agree a trade involving divine right under the strict deal that it is not to be traded to anyone else[??/?//?]

You say we have open borders with all other nations so naturally we would be glad to sign open borders with you under the condition that it is simply open borders to increse commerce and no units be able to traverse it. This is the agreement we have with other nations and we would like to extend it to you.

Regards
BCLG and the alohan nation

also looking at the save i notice ciao is undefended- this seems a bit of a bad idea being as the leader is that way and could quite easily land troops inside the city and immediatly gain a foothold on our continent.

I guess the question is why are they so desperate to look through our borders? Philo isn't exactly a cheap tech. I would also put it to them that we would never allow exploration of our territory unless we had the same rights.

the games afoot....

They are up to something....

the games afoot....

They are up to something....

I can only imagine. I guess like us they want to know every square possible to make plans as far as strategy goes.

Like Simon said we need to get our defences secure which i noticed from the save we are on the way to doing. Only after we can defend our selfs can we look at attacking

erm so about the tech trade? yay/nay?

cheap units wont really bring the power up anymore than waiting longer to build better units and we'll be left with a load of maintenance- also they have had quite large power jumps recently.

Another thing when i opened the save is that piffle and epsilon have the exact same techs with also a +4 modifier.

erm so about the tech trade? yay/nay?

cheap units wont really bring the power up anymore than waiting longer to build better units and we'll be left with a load of maintenance- also they have had quite large power jumps recently.

Another thing when i opened the save is that piffle and epsilon have the exact same techs with also a +4 modifier.

For what they are offering nay. As for Epsilon and Piffle they seem to have cooperated closely over the last 20 odd turns.

Our power rating while not great isn't that far behind and of the others and can easily be made up. Epsilon has made an effort to lift theirs recently but not enough to do anything yet.

I think our best course of action is to go to Innovia and talk to them and get a plan worked out for a large swap.

Top Bottom