Team Pitboss Game

The no-ip.org address had expired without warning again. Sorry guys! All my fault. It should work again within a minute or so.

Thanks, Caledorn. All working now. Didn't even think that it could be problem with the no-ip.org address.

I'll be gone this Saturday and not quite sure at what time I'll return on Sunday. I intentionally left my turn un-ended so I'll definitely have enough time to play my turn. Sorry for the hold-up.

Due to an error I had to reload the game on from the last login autosave of Maga, and then log in to pause the game for her because she needed sleep due to work tomorrow. Please leave the game paused until Maga has had the chance to play her turn.

Is there a reason why Maga does not have access to this forum any longer? It's a bit inconvenient for me that she does not have access to this specific thread.

metra and her had a tiff. metra booted her. rage boot

Ah. That's none of my business then. It's just inconvenient for me that she can't see nor post in the game thread, but I have no business with the intrateam policy or politics. Thanks for the explanation. :)

Classical is right, she requested officially in the Absence thread to be removed from the team short after she went to organize a game at RB site.

Maybe in the "traitors line" we can name our next worker after her? :mischief::p

Hey now, I strongly disagree with that. First of all, there are a bunch of us playing games over at RB, including you, 2metra! I am participating in the game that Maga and Caledorn organized, and I really don't feel like a traitor for it.

Maga asked to put her CFC membership "on hold for personal reasons". Unless there was some pm I'm not aware of, that does not warrant her membership to be revoked. I really hope we didn't revoke bcool's membership when he told us he had to stop participating because he was playing in a sgotm, for example.

Anyways, it's none of my business so I'll shut up now.

The "traitors line" I intentionally put in quotes. And dont mix things, anyone can play wherever he/she wants as long as he/she contributes to (or at least he is not disrupting) team CFC in the ISDG. I play not only on RB, but on WPC and Poly sites organized games too. Played meanwhile on the Polish site too. Was invited to play on the Spanish Poly too, but unfortunately have no time.

I did not bothered to interpret in much depth Maga's last post, I have read "for personal reasons" and "it was blast while it lasted" and yes, there was quite a few PMs I got from her before this. Every one reading the forum knew we had some frictions since long time, so for the ex-team-members - "good or nothing". I am only sad to see that the tension which happened between us two on solely personal base unfortunately continue to poison the atmosphere in the team. For example slaze think I have rage booted her out of the team. Something which I would never do. I stopped her membership because this is what I thought she wants.

The "traitors line" I intentionally put in quotes. And dont mix things, anyone can play wherever he/she wants as long as he/she contributes to (or at least he is not disrupting) team CFC in the ISDG. I play not only on RB, but on WPC and Poly sites organized games too. Played meanwhile on the Polish site too. Was invited to play on the Spanish Poly too, but unfortunately have no time.

I did not bothered to interpret in much depth Maga's last post, I have read "for personal reasons" and "it was blast while it lasted" and yes, there was quite a few PMs I got from her before this. Every one reading the forum knew we had some frictions since long time, so for the ex-team-members - "good or nothing". I am only sad to see that the tension which happened between us two on solely personal base unfortunately continue to poison the atmosphere in the team. For example slaze think I have rage booted her out of the team. Something which I would never do. I stopped her membership because this is what I thought she wants.

But did she finally agree on that? Do you know this for certain?

Agree? Finally agree to what? I dont see something being proposed here so someone had to agree to it. I have read her last post in the Absinthehead thread as farewell ( "membership put on hold", "I will miss you", "hope to see you in another games", etc and I went ahead and removed her access to the forum.

I have a request from Maga that I need to run by you guys.

First of all, when I paused the game, she tried to unpause it unsuccessfully with the virtual machine keyboard leading to a misclick sending some troops off somewhere they weren't supposed to go. She asked for a reload to the pause save (Caledorn autosave - when I logged in to check that the game was still paused because Civstats showed -1 on the time left of the turn), and I am willing to grant that since it was due to a technical error.

However, she has also asked me if it is possible to reload to the start of her turn. Her reasoning behind this request is that she have been through a lot of stress RL lately, and then the breaking of the NAP was a heavy hit for her personally. Now, I am not about to interfere in personal relations between any players on a game I host, but I have told her that I do not appreciate players venting their frustrations at eachother by using derogatory nicks like the ones that were used (and this goes for any players who are playing on my server of course, so please keep that in mind everyone). She has apologised for the use of the nicks, and ensured me that it will not happen again - she wasn't exactly herself at the time due to the RL stress.

If I were to grant a reload to the beginning of her turn, I would have to reload from the autosave that was created when she logged on with the first use of one of these derogatory nicks. I clearly stated that I could not grant such a reload without asking the other players of the game if you are okay with it, and that the outcome might very well be that she would have to be content with a reload from the autosave that was created on my second login. However, I promised her that I would ask you guys if you are okay with it. I feel that this is not my decision, but your decision, and as such I await your response before doing anything further.

Maybe i'm missing something but it sounds like the request is to reload back in time to play the turn differently. If that's the case I can't support the request.

Maybe i'm missing something but it sounds like the request is to reload back in time to play the turn differently. If that's the case I can't support the request.

That is how I interpret it as well, and that she is asking for the leeway due to her RL concerns. However, that is not necessarily a good reason for the rest of the participants of the game, which is why I definitely cannot approve it without explicit confirmation that you players agree.

Agree? Finally agree to what? I dont see something being proposed here so someone had to agree to it. I have read her last post in the Absinthehead thread as farewell ( "membership put on hold", "I will miss you", "hope to see you in another games", etc and I went ahead and removed her access to the forum.

In school I always ask as a final question "are you certain about this?"at all wrong or maybe wrong crossroads. Sometimes in anger and frustration we say lots of less smart things and I am pretty sure you had lots of such situations yourself. Ofc if Maga don't ask for permission to join again, then no damage is done

Maga withdrew her request for the reload, so I reloaded to the save where I logged in to check that the game was still paused (because of her misclick when trying to unpause the game - half her turn was already played at that point). She said she should get the time to play her turn today. :)

Slaze to Maga_R: Final version of our NAP

Until we are the last two civs left

1) we will not fight each other in any way either through military (e.g. by gifting units to any other civ or using privateers against each other) or run any espionage espionage mission against each other than tech stealing, we will do not give anybody else the informations we would gain from city visibility.

2) we will show good will toward collaboration, unless it will be against best interest of our respective civs

Still 7 civs left in game, nevertheless Slaze attacked me completely unprovoked.

When a fellow player broke an implicit agreement with Slaze, based on a single, rather vague chat and some unit gifting, that is how Slaze reacted:
What, you need the magical words NAP for it to mean anything? This is bull$hit. You're a f*cking cheat and I hope you burn in hell. F*ck you.

If you're just gonna rush in like this i quit.

Sadly, even "the magical word NAP" does not mean anything to Slaze himself.

Attachments

• NAP_breaking.png
    NAP_breaking.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
Top Bottom