(TEASER) Hero High! - A Superhero High School Drama

Tolni is good at making me do things.

BEFORE YOU SIGN UP: THE COMPREHENSIVE SETTING

Some upfront background info in addition to the intro. In this world, Atlantis is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and is constantly emitting Ultra-Radiation, a harmless type of radiation that randomly causes humans to have heroic powers embedded in them. heroes start gaining their powers when they hit puberty. After a few years, usually when they’re 16, they are enrolled in hero high schools, where their powers are molded. After they graduate, they’re released into the world, doing heroic deeds against the mystical, the menacing and the maniacal.

The powers of this universe vary greatly, as Ultra-Radiation allows most things you can imagine: the supersmart, the mystical, the biologically wry, the physics-bendingly amazing, etc. Secret identities are usually a thing, but heroism is a UN-sanctioned full time job, so they’re rarely relevant. But it does often means heroes hold back their true identities during high school, if anything to protect their powerless families.

Every hero has a weakness in this world; Achilles’ heel was a real deal which destroyed him as he fought Emperor Satan. The weaknesses are very diverse however, it can just be generally poor (human) physical prowess for a brainiac hero.

Atlantis itself is an artificial, circular island with a hi-tech city hub in the centre. Outside the city, the island is divided in four parts, a dense forest, a persistent blizzard ice cap, a duny desert, and a volcanic “lava world” mountain range. The city is a marvelous futuristic complex full of sites you’d want to go to within a city. You need a library? It’s there. A café? Of course. A zoo? Yes.

Our high school, Hero High, is a second-rate hero high school in central Atlantis. Like most Atlantean schools, it accepts students from all over the world, although it uses an English curriculum, as Atlantis uses the English lingua franca. Each generation of Hero High students account for about 100 people collected from all over the world.

The students sleep on campus in designated rooms, you can choose whether or not to have a roommate, although your room is incredibly tiny without. Bathrooms are rooms common to the dorm, and you eat meals in the school cafeteria.

Hero High has a curriculum resembling most high schools, allowing students to study a number of subjects: English, History, Social Science, Arts, Music, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography. However, Phys Ed is replaced with Heroic Combat, which is the most important class; you can fail the others, but you can’t graduate without having a passing grade in Heroic Combat. In addition, each student is required to write a large Philosophy dissertation during their third year, which is required to graduate. In addition, students often form clubs of extracurricular activities such as filmmaking, cooking, archeology and even stuff like meditation, wicca and xenobiology. Ultra-Radiation allows for a lot of things.

The school has several facilities if you want to mess around with stuff, such as a student lab, a small collection of ancient artifacts, a music room, a gym hall, a student kitchen, and an open school yard with a small forest, a lake and a meadow to hang out on. If you need anything, ask me, and I'll probably insert it on the eventual map.

Heroic Combat is part of an international sports program. This is where you’ll prove your costumed fighting meddle. You are required to be part of this sports program, although your degree of dedication is up to you. There isn’t much fighting in this game outside the sports program.

I intend to end the IOT after high school ends, meaning we’ll cover three ingame years. There’s a possibility of extending into a post-high school game if players are still interested when we end. If some of you don’t graduate… Well I dunno. We’ll see then.

The default age of your enrollment should be 16, but your character can be enrolled a little earlier or later if you want. Just be aware that most of your classmates will be 16.

If you join later in the game, there are 100 students each year, meaning that we’ll have plenty of empty faces for you to replace and chat with the other players. You can also transfer from another school if you want.

-

SIGNUP FORM

Player name: Your CFC account name

Hero name: The name of your hero persona – e,g, Batman

Hero looks: What your heroic suit looks like. You’re allowed to link to any picture you can find.

Current powers: Your heroic powers as they have currently manifested. Be aware that your powers only awakened 2-5 years ago as you hit puberty, and most heroes grow rapidly during their high school years.

Character name: Your birthname – e.g. Clark Kent. Most students keep this secret until they get to know each other intimately.

Character looks: Stuff like your height, hair color, haircut, weight, build, complexion, eye color, do you wear glasses, do you have freckles, scars, are you blue, transparent, do you have dino feet, etc.

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: Up to you. Remember that the normal enrollment age is 16, and that it’s September 2017 as we begin. You can come from wherever in the world, as Atlantis is an international hub.

Bio: Here’s the most interesting part. Where does your family come from? What was it like growing up? How did your hero powers first manifest, and when? Most heroes had their powers somehow connect to their childhood hobbies, you might be into dinosaurs and eventually turn into a pterodactyl, or you might be a soccer player who gains super speed.

Random trivia & hobbies: Do you play the piano? Are you a chessmaster? A cheerleader? What’s your favorite food? Anything that doesn’t tie seriously into the Bio can be dropped here.

Weakness: Every hero has a weakness in this world. Which is yours? It can be very particular, or very general. It can just be a general lack of ability in one aspect of your heroic ability. Examples are Superman’s cryptonite, Achilles’ heel, Hulk’s lack of intellect when enraged, the Wicked Witch of the West’s melting when splashed by water, or even something more abstract like Wolverine’s amnesia.

After you have created your hero, visit this site to get a font for your hero name: https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=102&page=1 Make sure you let us know which font you use. Fonts are unique to their hero, so first come, first serve.

Last edited:
All I care about is that you care about your hero. As long as it fits within some superhero framework, the tone will probably fit. Some things I'll deny, for example, if there was a superhero whose superpower was to turn into a Picard-shaped black hole when facepalming, then it gets a little too weird. A magical girl resembling whatever Sailor Moon is supposed to be will be fine, and the magical girl in That Other Hero High School IOT would be fine as well. I've talked to Tolni for example, and his idea seems to use the superhero shapeshifter framework to ask questions about personal (gender) identity, and teenage identity angst is why we're doing a superhero high school to begin with. So even though he'll focus more on internal struggle, that works. My last character's edge would be fine too. Also remember that if you don't want to focus on combat and instead just make personal drama, that's fine too, in fact I think it'll be boring if there's no drama and romance.

For the future!

SIGNUP FORM

Player name: Tyo
Hero name: Uhhh... I'm bad with these. Is Pixel too obvious? How about... Infinibit! or... Ugh...
Hero looks: Stylin', yo.
Current powers: I can like, take things out of games and make 'em real! Well like, not totally *really* real, but real enough, y'know? Complicated stuff gives me headaches though.
Character name: Vincent Guerrero
Character looks: Average dude with a tanned complexion. Not particularly well-built or overweight. Okay, I have a bit of babyfat, lay off!
Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: August 7th, 2001. I'm a guy. Brooklyn born and raised!
Bio: You know, ever since I was a kid I loved building things. I still have my old lego sets and sometimes I spend afternoons just breaking them down to build 'em into something new. My folks picked up on it. They thought I'd be some engineer making hundreds of thousands, if not millions. And they may have been right, if I didn't pick up an old gameboy.

I didn't become a deadbeat, but my priorities shifted immediately. Everything was so cool! I could play as a dude with an arm cannon, or a supersoldier who could kick people's asses! But then at some point I found out, those kinds of things were actually real. And then I found out, I had a power too. A power directly related to the stuff I could play! It was a done deal at that point. Everyone thought I'd get into a University prep school, but I sent some other emails in secret. I knew I wasn't particularly fit for the job as it were but... I had to try, y'know?

My folks didn't take it well. Ma didn't like the idea of her little boy getting hurt, and pops thought I was throwing my potential away. "Powers like yours are invaluable! You could get rich without even trying!"

But my mind was made. I was going to be a hero no matter who said what, even if I had to do it all by myself.
Random trivia & hobbies:
  • Have you ever had chai?
  • What's your steam?
  • Sometimes when I play rock paper scissors I make a digital thing if I have my phone on hand. It's funny. I think.
  • Legos are neat.
Weakness: The stuff I make tends to like... Explode, in water. Even water. It's really weird.

Last edited:
Oo, a Tyo, and with the pixel concept from the chat. Looks good. :)

-
-

Remind me, what's the political situation again?
Basically it's "de jure world peace with problems", "the problems are severe but most often supervillainy", "you decide what happened to your area since Atlantis rearrived" and "how heroes' education is organized vary by region, so it's up to you".

When Atlantis returned to Earth, it was quite the event. Its marvelous tech advantages and heroic powers pretty much had the whole world flabbergasted. When the alien supervillain Supernova attacked the world's major cities with an alien invasion, only the Atlantean heroes were able to defeat them. Following this, at a UN grand meeting, there was agreed that there was no need - or ability - to wage war in this age, and world peace was secured in 1990 under Atlantis' guidance.

This of course begs the question; what happened, otherwise? What about the Sovjet Union? What about China? What about Obama and Trump? What about Yugoslavia's collapse, or the situation in Africa? Honestly, I don't want to answer this; players have the freedom to choose what happened exactly where they came from. (We probably need some agreement on what's going on in the countries shared by more players; if you want me to mediate, I can do that.) Basically, the world looks a lot like it does today; severe conflicts are mostly replaced with conflicts against supervillains, with about the same consequences historically. The UN, under the guidance of Atlantis, deploys heroes to solve these issues. The details of what has happened to each country under this new world order is up to the players' fantasies.

How did I get into high school again?
Hero education is, again, mostly done in high schools around the world, their nature and funding depending on the country in question. Hero High of Atlantis is, like all other Atlantean high schools, funded by the UN directly. However, there is some form of application process that gets your hero in particular into the high school; your country may not discover all of its heroes out of poverty; it may be highly corrupt; or it may be a bastion of wealth and free opportunity.

But, as always, remember that Hero High is a second-rate hero high school. You ended here and not in a first rate high school somehow.

What about sidekicks?
I like sidekicks, so this is what I'm deciding. Heroes may work alone or in groups. Some heroes are not strong enough to battle evil on their own, so they tag along stronger heroes for guidance and safety.

What's Atlantis' government like?
To be technical, it's a hero technocratic oligarchy. To be clear, it's ruled by a council of the best of the best; honorable and usually good heroes of prominence. The council is closely interwoven with Atlantis' UN embassy and mostly concerns itself with battling evil all over the world. Atlantis is a technological paradise, but recieves a lot of funding from the UN.

Signup

Player name:
Radagandruman

Hero name:
The Grape

Hero looks:
Very purple.

Current powers:
The ability to turn into a grape. Also, a limited ability to intoxicate people temporarily.

Character name:
Pierre Sauvignon

Character looks:
Slightly shorter than average, with pale skin and hair so black it looks almost purple. His eyes are also deep purple, and he is extremely skinny. Also, he bleeds wine, because why not.

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland:
A male, who was born on August 31st, 2001, in Bordeaux.

Bio:
Born to two famous superheroes, everyone expected him to have amazing powers. Unfortunately, when his older brother, also a famous superhero, died when he was three, his parents turned to alcoholism, and he had a very rough childhood, constantly being compared to his “amazing” older brother. When his powers did manifest, it only made things worse, and superhero high school was his only escape. He is a prime target for bullies, though, given his small size and underwhelming powers.

Random trivia and hobbies:
His favorite drink is actually apple juice, although many people find that surprising. He is an avid chess player.

Weakness:
He can only intoxicate people while he is in the shape of a grape. Not a giant grape, not a moving grape, not a flying grape, just a regular grape.

Player name: KaiserElectric

Hero name: Radiance

Hero looks:

Current powers: [name] has the ability to absorb and manipulate solar energy. Currently this has given her the ability to create projectiles of light and flame as well as the ability to fly.

Character name: Yasmina Elaheh Darvishi

Character looks: See above

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: Yasmina was born November 4th, 2000 in Zamindawar, Zabul

Bio: Atlantis' arrival on the world stage threw many nations into chaos, and the same could be said for the Graveyard of Empires, Afghanistan. While Atlantis' attempt to stabilize the country by sending the Soviets back failed, other players in the Afghani conflict saw an opportunity to use the arrival of Atlantis to push their own agendas, most notably the Zunists of Southern Afghanistan.

Formerly a minor and often persecuted amalgam of the ancient Zunbil beliefs and modern religions such as Islam and Hinduism, Zunism was a monotheistic faith that worshiped Zun, a god that was believed to look over the Earth in the guise of the sun. As the state broke down the Zunists were able to expand their faith and their culture, and only a year or two later Zunists came before the UN to petition for their own nation. Once Atlantis backed the petition, eager to wring some success out of the Afghanistan debacle the UN overwhelmingly supported the creation of a Zunist nation, and parts of Southern Afghanistan and Pakistan were used to create a new country, the Shahdom of Zabul under the leadership of Shah Farzad Darvishi.

Farzad Darvishi turned out to be a dynamic and efficient ruler of the new nation, clearly establishing the power of the state and capitalizing on the outbreak of peace to expand the production of rare earth metals and natural gas as well as integrate new Atlantean technologies, riding the economic boom into the late nineties and becoming a powerhouse economy and a major player in the Middle East. Thus secure in his power and fabulously wealthy beyond that, Farzad Darvishi settled down and started a family, starting with a son named Kaveh and a daughter named Yasmina.

As the crown princess of Zabul, Yasmina grew up in the lap of luxury wanting for nothing, and soon developed into a charming, intelligent, and somewhat pompous young woman, enjoying her social status and spending much of her time meeting important people and at one time even touring the world as an honored guest of many nations. It was when she returned home from that particular world tour that disaster struck.

By the time she returned the Eternal Caliphate had made themselves known to the world, and Zabul had taken a central role in the fight against the ascendant terrorist state, arming anti-Caliphate guerillas and staging operations and airstrikes out of their territory. The Caliphate's response became known on the day of Yasmina's return home, when armed attackers staged an assault on the royal palace to kill the Royal family.

Yasmina was with Shah when the attackers burst into the room, and when she saw her father had been gunned down, her powers spontaneously manifested as she floated into the air and emitted a burst of sunlight, incapacitating the terrorists long enough for the guards to deal with them. Shah Farzad survived but was permanently crippled in the attack, and in the interest of the state formally abdicated in favor of his son, Kaveh. The son was a decent ruler in his own right, but the ongoing war against the Calipahte and his lukewarm support of the Zunist faith had made him unpopular, and it didn't help when the news of how the Shah had survived his attack became known.

When Yasmina was born, fringe religious scholars pointed to some aspects surrounding the date and place of her birth that corresponded of a prophecy about the birth of Zun's daughter on Earth. Known colloquially as the Lightbringer, Zun's daughter was prophesied to wield the power of her divine father and would depose a hated ruler to lead the Zunist people to unite all mankind under the rule of Zun. These theories were initially dismissed outright, but when it was revealed that Yasmina had the ability to manipulate the sun people began to take notice, especially as the brother became increasingly unpopular as Shah.

The situation came to a head at a dedication ceremony where a prominent religious figure sprang forward and outright declared Yasmina to be the Lightbringer, and called on the people to march on the palace and establish her as the true Shahrina. The ensuing riot convinced her brother that it was best for Yasmina to spend time away from home, not only to keep things stable but to keep her from a mental breakdown after everything that had happened. As a political favor, Atlantis offered to take her in for the time being and Yasmina was accepted into Hero High.

Random trivia & hobbies: Yasmina can speak several languages and has some talent as a singer. She's also a devout Zunist and has significant anxiety over the idea that she is the daugher of her god. More privately, she's a colossal weeb and adores the Phoenix Wright series to the point where she would have been a lawyer if she wasn't royalty.

Weakness: Yasmina is solar powered and needs a direct source of sunlight in order to have sustainable use her powers. Her energy and stamina will drain if she uses her powers when not in sunlight, slowly if she is under artificial lighting and rapidly if she is in the dark. Moonlight will give her a slight boost of energy though nowhere near as much as sunlight will.

Last edited:

Player name:
Omega

Hero name: al-Sarab (often just shorted to Sarab, literally "Mirage")

Hero looks:

Current powers: Masuma can create a field, which temporarily shifts anything inside out of the plane of reality. While in this field, it is like Masuma doesn't even exist as far as existence is concerned. She is invisible, undetectable, unhittable, and theoretically could even move through solid objects (although fears of an accident means she doesn't really try to)

Theoretically, she can create the field around whatever, letting anyone or thing experience the effects of being ripped out of reality. In practice, Masuma reserves the ability exclusively to herself, given the extreme strain and stress her power causes

Character name: Masuma bint Junayd

Character looks: See above

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: Masuma was born Janurary 11th, 2002, in Mosul, Iraq. This makes her a year younger than her classmates, but she was put into Hero High at that age for exceptional circumstances

Bio: Masuma's life, ever since she was a child, was tied to the political situation of Iraq. The country, the rising power of the Middle East after its "victory" over Iran in the Iraq-Iran War, saw its plans to use the momentum of its military build up to invade Kuwait halted by the arrival of Atlantis. Saddam knew he couldn't defeat Atlantis, not with their advanced technology and supersoldiers, not without having a chance to study them. Iraq remained at peace, giving time for the country to recover from the conflict with Iran. It's 4th largest army in the world already gave it enough soft influence in the region to assert authority.

Iraq thus experienced a technological and economic boom in the 90s, as Atlantean technology spread across the increasingly globalized world. Iraq was still a dictatorship, and a particularly brutal one at that, but the Atlanteans turned a blind eye to it because the leadership played along to their system and kept the peace. "Petty political squabbles" were beneath the original generation of superheroes.

It was near the end of this boom where Masuma was born, the first child of Junayd bin Muhammed and Fatima bint Hafez. The family was part of the Sunni minority, who were in the position of privilege in Saddam's Iraq. Masuma's parents were liberals at heart, but kept their heads down in safety, and thusly were ignored by the state. However, Masuma herself has no memory of this period, which ended only a year after her birth.

In 2003, the US went to the UN, claiming it had proof that the Iraqis were trying to weaponize ultraraditation. Saddam was planning on turning each and every soldier in his army superpowered, while creating bombs that could use ultraradiation's potent energy to vaporize entire cities. Iraq denied all allegations, but refused to allow the American superhero special forces unit, the PATRIOTs, to investigate the alleged facilities.

With a complete impasse, the US Congress authorized the PATRIOTs to enter the country by force, after securing the UN Security Council's permission in a heated vote. Saddam mobilized his army to fight the PATRIOTs, promising the mother of all battles. However, what the world saw was the complete irrelevancy of conventional forces in the age of superheroes. The Iraqi army was completely decimated, and Saddam was captured, charged with war crimes related to the Iraq-Iran War, and hung.

However, what the United States was not expecting was an insurgency to form. The newly established Iraqi state, now led by the Shiite majority, took out decades of oppression by the Sunnis by de facto excluding them from government altogether. They were also not expecting the first generation of supervillains in the Middle East to leave Afghanistan* and come to Iraq to do battle.

One such supervillain to come to Iraq was Zulfiqar, an extreme Islamic zealot with the ability to entrance people with his voice. Once a lackey to a group of villains in Afghanistan, he left to Northern Iraq to create his own group, with a power that created the perfect conditions for the creation of a mass movement. He took the remnants of Saddam's Baathist Army, along with inspired followers all around the world, and created The Eternal Caliphate.

Whereas the Iraqi Army failed, the guerrilla nature of the Eternal Caliphate was extremely effective in fighting and resisting the PATRIOTs, creating an international crisis as a rogue state that failed to play by Atlantis's rules. The UN had to continuously organize superheroes to go to Iraq to fight the Caliphate, which only endeared the organization to more villains as it continuously bit its thumb at the capes. To add insult to injury, the evidence that the US presented to the UN, to justify the PATRIOTs coming into the country in the first place, was faulty. There was no such plan in the first place; the whole conflict was built on a lie.

This was the reality Masuma grew up in. She grew up in a country that had imploded, with conflict all around her, deep within the tendrils of Caliphate influence. Her parents were horrified, but again kept their heads low to try to keep their necks. Fleeing was always an option, but leaving everything they knew and potentially putting their daughter at risk in a foreign land was simply a price they didn't know if they could pay. After all, the government still had a meaningful presence in Mosul and surrounding areas, even if the Northern countryside was Caliphate heartland.

Instead, Masuma was given as much of a normal education as she was allowed under the circumstances. Every day, Masuma was subjected to the lingering threat of being attacked by terrorists. She saw first hand of how superheroes, given mandates from the UN, acted like they were above the law, treating the native population of Mosul like trash as they hunted for suspected Caliphate members. Even she was stopped for questioning and frisks, as she grew older. "This is for your own good", the UN representatives, the teachers, and even her parents would say, but it only alienated Masuma. As the death tolls only grew higher, she felt isolated and angry at everyone around her. Even if she was too young understand the exact nuances of the geopolitics at play, Masuma could feel the official narrative didn't add up. There wasn't a problem in Iraq before the PATRIOTs first showed up! And with no personal memory of before 2003, she had no frame of reference of how bad Iraq was during the dictatorship besides the stories from her parents, the few times they felt comfortable opening up on. To her, it was the west that ruined everything, for no genuine reason!

At 14, the growing isolation became too much. One day, in class, she just wished she could disappear. She wished as hard as she could, thinking of nothing else but leaving the hellhole that was Mosul. When she opened her eyes, the entire class was staring at her. Masuma unlocked her powers and turned invisible, right in front of all of her friends and teacher. Word spread quickly, and Masuma's parents knew if they wanted to keep their daughter safe, they had to leave the area quickly.

However, they didn't leave fast enough. Agents of the Caliphate heard about the disappearing girl, and, using contacts, found out where she lived. The next day, a recruiter, a recent teenaged convert, approached her, to pressure her into joining. He played into her insecurities, while threatening her family if she didn't comply. Masuma reluctantly agreed, and he brought her into the countryside, to a complex in the wilderness.

There, Masuma was given her codename, al-Sarab, and trained. She was to become their next superpowered soldier, an agent of Allah against the decadent west. She was indoctrinated into the Caliphiate's extreme interpretation of Islam. Particular focus was given on exactly how the kafirs attacked the Dar al-Islam, and how Judgement Day will come for the western imperialists. A year of training later, she was deemed ready to take jihad, and was given her first mission. She was to infiltrate the headquarters of the UN Mission in Iraq and kill a superhero, any she could, and bring proof of it.

However, Masuma's body wasn't ready for this kind of sustained use of powers. By the time she entered the building, she collasped out of exhaustion. She was captured and detained by security guards passing by. Masuma was identified, and her parents, who at this point finally emigrated to Canada, were notified that she was found, and her attempted attack. Masuma's parents were given an ultimatium: let their daughter be enrolled in a superhero school in Atlantis so that they could "deprogram" her, or she would be charged in the ICC for her attempted terrorist attack. The choice was easy, and that fall, she was immediately enrolled in Hero High.

*The return of Atlantis severely impacted Afghanistan as well. Atlantis demanded the Soviets go back to Afghanistan in 1991 to clean up the mess that they created, as the violence was only getting worse after their withdrawal, with no end in sight. The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan was restored in name, with Soviet arms and supers backing it. However, effectively, the country has devolved into warlordism and banditry.

Random trivia & hobbies: Masuma has been a (association) football fan her entire life, where Iraq's middling success in the AFC being a source of inspiration to her as a child. Masuma is also still a devout Muslim, even after leaving the Caliphate; she rejects their interpretation of the faith as being "flawed".

Weakness: Due to the way her powers work, Masuma can't attack while being immutable. She exists out of reality; she can't interact with it as much as it can't with her. This severely limits the practicality of the power in a combat situation; it's good for dodging and hiding, but it provides no offensive pressure at all.

Creating the fields also puts major strain on her body. Although she has trained to keep up the field for extended periods of time, it winds her very quickly, and she can (and has) passed out for keeping it up too long.

Last edited:
Player name: JamesCaesar
Hero name: Enharmonic

Hero looks:
Current powers: Can generate soundwaves that act as a form of telekinesis. Higher pitches can lift heavier objects.
Character name: William Campbell
Character looks: 6'1, dark hair and dark eyes, fair complexion, average build. Glasses on occasion.
Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: Born on the 2nd of June, 2001. A guy from Canterbury, England.
Bio: William grew up in a old manor that had been in his family for generations upon generations, that had most recently been used partially as a recording studio for many famous rock bands. Because of this, he had essentially unlimited access to as many instruments as he could want, and natural musical talent led him to become quickly proficient at any instrument he could find. When his powers surfaced, it was only natural they would be sound related.
Random trivia & hobbies: In his free time, William enjoys playing football, eating, building Legos and models, and, of course, writing, playing, and listening to music. His pet peeves include people who are rude, bad smells, and people who try to shorten his name to Bill/Will.
Weakness: After using his powers he may experience a weakened range (less strength in his powers), the temporary loss of powers, or at the most extreme, a loss of hearing.

Player Name: Red_Spy

Hero Name: Handmaiden

Hero Looks: A stereotypical maid's uniform. All black and white and frilly and stuff. [Courtesy of ButteryIcarus]

Current Powers: Glenys can create a duplicate of herself and give it basic commands to follow. It doesn't seem capable of independent thought and fades away when subject to a certain amount of physical stress. Oddly enough, she feels a lot calmer when commanding the duplicate.

Character Name: Glenys Ward

Character Looks: Bleached white hair and blue-green eyes. Fairly small for her age, and frequently sports dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep.

Birthday, Sex, Gender, Homeland: September 13th, 2000. Female. Female. Canterbury, England.

Bio: For generations the Wards of England have served as premier maids and butlers to the Campbell family. From cooking, cleaning, entertaining guests, serving, and everything else you would want out of a servant, the Wards were masters of it all. Every firstborn son and daughter would train to continue the noble tradition so that they can serve their masters to their fullest extent. And on September 13th of the year 2000, the Ward family was blessed with the birth of a new baby girl, Glenys. However for the first time in generations, there would not be another child.

Learning to manage a large, spooky, manor is not an easy task, especially without assistance one would normally be provided. From the moment she could walk and talk Glenys was taught how to adopt all the roles placed on her as her job as a maid. In addition, without a fellow brother to learn the duties of being a butler, she was also provided that role's duties as well. All of this created undue stress upon the child, as she struggled to manage her job and live up to her expections as a Ward family maid. As more and more duties were place on her as she grew older, her time and energy grew increasingly stretched. And eventually it would lead to something that would change her life forever.

[To be continued...?]

Random Trivia and Hobbies: She won't tell anyone, but Glenys has an interest in the occult. Is awful at the violin. In general Glenys is loathe to devote any time to any of her interests or hobbies, as she views it as getting in the way of her work as a maid.

Weakness: Any strain, stress, or damage the duplicate is subject to is felt by Glenys as well.

Font: Olde English

Last edited:
Player Name: Butteryicarus

Hero Name: Duo Gale

Character Name: Chloe Ong

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: She was born the March 14th, 2001 in Singapore.

Chloe Ong Character Model.png

Current Powers: She was two gaseous/cloud-like familiars that have grown to be self-aware and act mostly independently from their host. They are normally breathable, if quite pungent, but they can turn reforge themselves into a thick cloud that can block an opponent's line of sight with Chloe, or transfigure themselves to posses toxicity that can choke and nauseate enemies. Chloe can to the best of her abilities, merely give orders to them and then hope for the best that the two will follow, which doesn't happen often. Despite this, hurting Chloe hurts the two familiars, and vice versa. Chloe also needs to eat and drink (among other things she'd rather not talk about) in large quantities in order to sustain the the three of them collectively, or the familiars will force hunger pangs upon her until she satisfies them.

Chloe has given them the nicknames "Timber" and "Sprout". When asked, She describes them as "A headache." and "I still don't know what I did to end up with them, sometimes."

Timber and Sprout character models.png

Bio:

Chloe Intro.png

Chloe Ong was born in Singapore to two hawkers, most of her childhood was spent not at the playground, but assisting her parents in running their chicken rice store. While not outright successful, it paid the bills. Her grades were middling, and she preferred to keep to herself throughout her secondary school. She only found trust in her parents, conversing and spending her free time almost entirely with them. almost entirely Having grown no-nonsense and quiet, the manifestation of her powers broke her.

Chloe Intro 2.png

Initially only appearing as intoxicating clouds surrounding her hands, as she reached the tail-end of her years in Secondary School, she realised she had become a host to two gaseous beings. As the months went by to the horror of both her parents and herself, they proved to be sentient and capable of their own basic thoughts. Her entire lifestyle, diet and daily routine had to be shifted more and more to accommodate the two. The two proved to be an annoyance in class, being hostile to large crowds and frequently tried to poison or disgust the class as their powers grew more potent, forcing Chloe to go through through solitary schooling. As the two began growing disturbingly independent in thought, and with her work/study balance falling apart, she grew restless. Trying to reel them in proved hard. She viewed the two as parasites.

Chloe Intro 3.png

The Government of Singapore soon intervened despite the efforts of the Ministry of Education to give her a 'normal' schooling life. For the longest time, superpowers were still new to the region of South-East Asia, manifesting in only a handful of pockets. Until now, to the horror and confusion of the local governments. Chloe Ong was the first of a wave of super-powered people in the entire region, and part of a wave of Singaporean youth that were the first to posses such unique abilities. The government had hastily set up a basic superhero training program to handle this new phenomenon, but Chloe was viewed as a problematic case, she and a handful of other teens had powers that the Government viewed as "Too dangerous to keep within the nation, and they will be a threat to the citizens of Singapore if mismanaged." Despite protests from parents, the government booked these to be sent overseas.

Those wealthier were lucky to afford the more prestigious heroic academies. Being of low income, her parents had to beg for assistance to join any sort of academy in order for her to complete her education. The government accepted their appeal and Chloe found herself admitted to Hero High in Atlantis, heart of the heroic world, where she was promised she could learn to live or even synergise with her dependents.

She was horrified, begging her parents to come. She couldn't bear to be alone, she had no idea how to deal with herself and her two familiars without her parent's constant support. Her parents, after giving her a tight hug and wiping away her tears, assured her that this would be a chance for her to find a direction in her life.

Chloe Intro 4.png

Now it's only days away till she leaves. Chloe is jolted awake. The air is extremely thick with a pungent scent. She's used to it by now, and she immediately knows who it is to blame. The two clouds are fighting each other on the other end of her bed. These last few months, she began hearing yelps and clicks from the two, and now they were making a racket. She couldn't decipher their speech, and having her sleep broken yet again, she watched them as they tossed each other around on her mattress. She had names for them. Sprout and Timber. She used to call them Green and Gold when she first had them, respectively.

She signs and drops back down. It's 3 AM. The fear of whatever lies ahead is gnawing at her insides. She takes her pillows and covers her ears as Sprout violently pounds Timber onto the creaky wooden floor next to her mattress.

Random trivia & hobbies:

Chloe loves to read, going through many different phases as she loves to find new authors and genres. She frequently visits Bras Basah where she can handily afford the second hand books. Her current reading phase is the Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen.

Her favourite foods include Mee Rebus and Popiah. She's grown sick of Chicken rice, but can't bear to admit it to her parents. Another side effect of the two familiars is that they can make her gassy or nauseous if she eats something they don't want to.

Her mother loves to collect stamps, a hobby passed on from her own father, and Chloe has made a mental note to gather as many stamps as she can from Atlantis as a gift to her upon her (hopeful) return to Singapore.

Her father claims he was the best football player in the north when he was young, despite playful mocking from his spouse that it's all a tall tale. Chloe is terrible at football despite her father's attempts at teaching her. She kept practicing anyway as she hates how sad he gets if she chooses not to go down. In the days before she left, she played football with him as much as she could.

Weaknesses:

As stated before, she can't reliably control Timer and Sprout. Inflicting pain on one of the three spreads the pain to all. Sprout and Timber are extremely flammable, as Chloe learnt the hard way when she once cooked with them while they were to close to the flame. The incident and the horrific pain inflicted on them has given the three a chronic fear of fire.

Last edited:
Just making it official that all current applications are accepted. :) I'm building the thread atm.

Also, @Radagandruman , just wanted to say that your hero concept is completely hilarious. You just didn't see our reactions on the IOT Discord - which you should join btw!

Player name: EasternQueen
Hero name: TBD
Hero looks: TBD
Current powers: Has the ability to manipulate electronic devices
Character name: Jordan Yeoh (she/her)
Character looks: TBD
Birthday: 31 October 1999
Hometown: George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Bio: Jordan Yeoh, according to her parents, was born at the moment Heinz-Harald Frentzen's Jordan (her namesake) crossed the finish line to win the 1999 Japanese Grand Prix (and the 1999 F1 World Drivers' Championship) over Michael Schumacher's McLaren and Jeff Gordon's Ferrari. It would prove auspicious; her parents immediately decided she was to get a kart. A decade and a half later, Jordan is beginning to be hailed as Southeast Asia's greatest rising star in motorsport, with the potential to be F1's first female driver (since 1992).

In secret, however, she had discovered something else. When she had been twelve, she had found that she could lay a finger on a traffic light and make it change colours. Unlike most powers, this one was subtle, personal, meaning that the governments of the region completely missed her. It was only her parents who had found out after she had stolen the entire contents of two dozen Singapore cash machines.

So, while in the public eye Jordan continues her ascent through the ranks of the junior formulae (now as a Renault development driver!), in secret, she travels to Atlantis, hoping to learn as much about the superhero world as she can, for she knows that this will follow her through her life.

Random trivia & hobbies: Anime, K-pop, video games, Anime video games
Weakness: TBD

Last edited:
Player name: Sniiperman456
Hero name: Sharpshooter

Hero looks: (depending on the mission or situation my character may use camouflage)
IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

Current powers: this isn't realley a power but George is very good at sharpshooting with fire arms, especially a sniper rifle. George basically would a top sniper in the real life American military. George does have a super power however; he is immune to mental attacks and when he uses fire arms other people cannot use super powers to manipulate them.

Character name: George Reagan

Character looks: white American male. Is 6 feet 1 inches tall. Strong build.
Birthday: 12 June 2000
Homeland: auburn, alabama. USA.

Bio: George had a normal childhood untill he was 13 when the goverment noticed he was a amazing sniper. He performed several assasination missions for the goverment, several of which managed to stop war from breaking out, including assassinating Kim john un the leader of North Korea and assassinating the leader of the Soviet Union. He had an impressive track record and when his powers flared up it was not a big event for him, since They were defensive, not offensive powers. However they were still powers nonetheless and the us goverment. as thanks for his services, paid for him to go to herohigh.

Random trivia and hobbies: likes to play video games and go to the shooting range. Doesn't like being with people and prefers to work alone. George happens to know a lot about fire arms, having used them for almost his entire life. He loves to read.

Weakness: his powers are defensive powers, not offensive ones. They are not used to attack, only for defense.

The font should be full house https://www.dafont.com/full-house.font?back=theme

He does not have a roommate

Last edited:
Yep I found my way into the discord

Player name: Everblack
Hero name: Sight Visionary
Hero looks: Apce hero costume is a mix of green and black spandex that cover him up to his head with a short hood shirt over it. He wear a green eye shield visor. The design almost look like this guy except his face is not covered by the hood: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c2/0f/10/...92c85c--superhero-ideas-superhero-concept.jpg
Current powers: Model analysis - can construct a 3-D model image of animals, humans, buildings within his mind.

Character name: Apce Bennett
Character looks:

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland: February 2, 2002, Male, Kingston, Jamaica

Bio: The integration of Atlantean technology worsen the criminal demographic in Kingston as the Jamaican posses grew to such a extend that a powerful criminal organization was born among the posses know as "The Cotten Tree". This organization was named after the famous Jamaica Folklore as the organization consist of multiply gangs but has one leader who everyone refer to as "Black Hat Dealer". Nothing is know about this individual as police haven't ever be able to get clue about him/her. It is only known that this individual has their hand in everything. Apce Bennett is the second son born in a family of 8 who live in the poor part of Kingston. Everyday Apce's family would have to pay both the gangs and the police just to be able live a semi-peaceful life. Due to having to pay to both party just to keep living everyone in Apce's family have to work including his youngest sister who only six year old. Apce help with living expanses by taking up delivery packages throughout Kingston. Due to not own his own bike Apce does all of his delivery on foot which involved him to have to take up practicing in parkour to get around the busy streets of Kingston faster. Apce discover his power during one of his delivery when the client store was by an armed group of four gang members. The client was gunned down with the suspects left the area after taking the money but little did they know that Apce was hiding when the crime was being committed and saw everything. The police came later to the scene of the crime. One of the officer name Harvey found Apce behind one of the trash next to the store and pulled Apce aside to ask him what happen here. Apce like many other civilians of Kingston didn't trust the police due to most of them being corrupted but Harvey was able to convince Apce that he was one of the honest one. What shocked Harvey most was that Apce gave him his note which show not only a full detail of the suspects but that Apce made it into a flip chart animation which showed the whole event from start to end. Harvey was careful in make sure his partner left after ward Harvey promised Apce that if he was willing to testify in court he and would be put under witness protection. At first Apce was on the fence about testifying fear that the gang was part of "The Cotten Tree" but Harvey assured him that gang was one of the smaller less important gangs in Kingston. Harvey even throw in an extra incentive by telling him that revealing Apce's power would make it so that he would get recommend for the Hero High which would make sure his family is safe. After hearing Harvey deal Apce accepted it and days later testify against gang members. The court found the four guilty and after the paper work Apce was sent on the next boat to Hero High.

Random trivia & hobbies: Apce Bennett has a love for drawing since he was a child. Everyday when he not delivering packages he sometimes take in the view of famous landmarks of Kingston and begins to draw them down his trust notebook. Apce also does some part takes in athletic activities with his friends just so that he doesn't become neglect his parkour training.

Weakness: Apce modeling power revolves around his mind acting like a sonar beaming out waves that bounce off objects around him. Stronger wave frequencies can disoriented Apce. Also these waves frequencies not only could be block but mimic to avoid Apce modeling.

Hero Font: Mona Shark
https://www.dafont.com/mona-shark.font

Last edited:
(this might be the worst or the best thing I've made)

Player name: Tolni

Hero name: Shift

Hero looks: Her suit is patterned with white and black patterns running across, similar to a 2x2 chessboard. (Subject to change.)

Current powers: His heroic powers are those of morphing into almost any human, regardless of gender, sex or race. She has also morphing into an animal once, but it had a negative effect, as it also assumed the animal's mindset, which had an effect on her own mind, and that made her go feral. Furthermore, the physique of an animal, like a dog (that he possessed), resulted in his own body "adjusting" to it once he ended, being in the shape of the dog, meaning he walked on four legs for days. In addition, he can also morph parts of his body into other objects; for an example, turn her hands into a hammer.

Turning into goo-like shapes has been an...Experience for her. One that could have ended badly, but more on that later...

Character name: Aleks Greene

Character looks:

Birthday, sex, gender, homeland:

Birthday: 21/04/2000

Sex/Gender
: Intersex.

Homeland: Bulgaria.

Bio: She was born in Northwestern Bulgaria, to a pair of Bulgarian Catholics...the faces of which she never saw until she was 15, because her parents abandoned her shortly following her birth, evidently terrified by what she was. She was left in a field, with an envelope saying "God be with you.", and that's all. But, perhaps, there was a God, and He or She (or whatever) have a really sick and twisted sense of humour, as she was found the very next day by a pack of Roma children who took a liking to her.

He then grew up with his new family, the only one he ever knew. His Father was perhaps the kindest person he ever knew, a genuinely caring person that loved him...the same could not be said about his mother. The intentions she had for him were obvious from the start; to her, he was not a child, but just another tool to get richer, especially after finding out more...about him. What he was.

Eight years passed. Perhaps one of the few moments of happiness that she had; a life of joy and bliss and play. Her brothers and sisters accepted her immediately as one of their own; perhaps they didn't know what she was, or didn't care. This brief window of light, ended, once her Mother taught her a "game", which was really pickpocketing, which she just thought was another play. She had some early success, as she was a cute….child. No one suspected her.

However, as time went by, he, well, became more...noticeable. People began to feel something was off about this child. A boy who dressed like a boy, spoke like a boy, yet his chest kept flipping up and down? The more he grew, the more his "unnatural" nature became too obvious, and almost impossible for the passer-by to ignore, making it hard for him to do his "job". This, of course, infuriated his Mother, and led to the family being polarised, with his Father being the only reason he wasn't beaten to a pulp…

That, and, well, she was 14 at the time, and everyone around her began to notice that she was getting prettier. Her Mother became much more...tolerant to her. Especially as Aleks showed an interest in "crossdressing", as until then, she only wore boys' clothes, it was surprisingly allowed. But this only added more fuel to the crisis that was building up inside her. The realisation, that she was not "normal", and that people think she is some kind of a freak, shocked her to the very core. Something was swelling deep inside her, underneath all that angst…

It was one cold night... He was just finishing his shower. The mist from the shower was slowly evaporating, revealing the dirt and grime on the walls. In a corner, near the sink, there was a mirror. He rubbed the mirror clean of the moisture covering it. It was a big mirror, showing his...her? Body, from head to toe, but it was also splintered into multiple shards, illuminating his or her natures – those of a man, and of a woman, but being neither of those fully.

Something, whether it's Mother Nature, God, or just bloody random chance decided that, well, Aleks has to be like that? But why? Why? Why? Tears were streaming her cheek, as she was curling into a fetal position, just screaming helplessly that same question. But no answer came. Nothing. The mist was all gone. No change at all. If only… I could just be...someone else…

It was getting cold. He was starting to shiver. He got up, and stared at the mirror...Only to be greeted by an unfamiliar face staring at her – except, it wasn't actually unfamiliar, just unexpected. The face of her Father, warm and cheerful was staring right across him. He couldn't believe it. He touched his face with his hands, to feel it...but it all disappeared in a moment. Back to the good old self, but only for a moment. Suddenly, her whole body got shorter, her face became more feminine, and darker...no! That was...why?! Her Mother's face! She was taking her shape! All of it, from head to toe! What was happening?!

He let out a scream, and then she lost control. Her body was contorting in various shapes and forms, seemingly out of control, appearing both as a woman and a man, or sometimes both and neither. The world seemed to slowly start spinning around and round and round...is this it? The end? Finally...It'll all fade to black and...all will go away…

She woke up in the embrace of her father, tightly holding her in his hands. A grim expression had befallen upon his face. He told her to never tell anyone about this, that its something like the PATRIOTs in Iraq and Yugoslavia – someone endowed with superpowers from the Ultra Radiation. Embracing her powers, of course, would only make her life harder...somehow. And that under no circumstances should her mother find out about this. So all she had to do is suppress what she was…

His father was the only person who cared for him, without any ulterior reasoning. It was an undeniable fact. But he had only one desire: find out more about his powers. Just let them flow through him, and try to control them to the best of his ability. The thought that he could be someone else – literally anyone else he can think of, it was a liberating and very exhilarating experience, that gave him a new wind, a new meaning & purpose in life.

As she was turning 15, however, she started to realise the obvious: her mother was grooming her. Preparing her for something...new? Words, rhythms, patterns, she could feel that her mother had ulterior motives. Then one day, she managed to eavesdrop an argument between her mother and her Father. And then, the shocking truth: after all those years, her mother thought of her as nothing but a stock, a body to sell. Evidently, there were...clients, who were interested into "freaks like her", according to her Mother's words.

This was the final straw, the one that made her leave. Taking her money and all belongings she could carry, she disappeared; beginning her soul-searching adventure. After all, the past year has shown her that another reality is possible. Not every day had to be dealing with her family, or feeling like an abomination, or trying to pickpocket people unsuccessfully...or just wandering to nowhere at all with seemingly no purpose. She could be in control of what she appeared to be, or what she was...

His first target was seeking out her biological parents. They ditched him, but...He felt a certain need to at least know their faces. Or what happened to them next. She knew where she was born, in Vidin; it was then just a matter of fact of using her money to open the hospital's archives. After some digging, she found out that her Mother died during childbirth, while her father became an alcoholic and died in a car crash, but she had a sister...of which there seemed to be no records of, at least in Vidin.

After this realisation, he felt...lost. He left his foster family, and there was nothing from his biological family, and now? He was on his own. But that felt...Oddly freeing, at the same time. He could do anything. Be anyone. The latter was also how he soon made money, by impersonating famous people, especially once he figured out that he can alter her vocal chords to take on the voices of famous people...usually without their skill. By far, his favourite figure to impersonate was Phil Collins, as that was the music of her childhood; after all, his masterpiece, the 1980 Duke was perfect in every single way, and Aleks was slowly getting the hang of singing the album opener, Behind the Lines.

It was one spring in Koln, however, that would change her life. She was just turning 16, when she came into the city. The sun was shining, the smell of life being reborn was filling the air...By then, she was a minor Internet celebrity – a meme, if you will. Her impersonations of various celebs have become famous on YT, so soon enough, there was a crowd of people. All looking at her, like some kinda Duchess...Anyways, she was just performing Keep It Dark, when she saw a beautiful young girl, barely older than him, looking straight into her with...well, infatuation? Obsession? On the other side, she was so pretty, with long, dirt-blonde hair and a pretty face.

To say he fell head over heels for her would be an understatement. After his performance, he met her, and, well, they became friends immediately. Not only that she, Helga was also a fan of Genesis, but it appeared that she had also followed his "career", so as to say. They began hanging out regularly, and what became a friendship slowly turned into something...different. More mature. Those "relationships" that she has only heard of in books and movies.

But Helga wanted to know more. She thought that Aleks was odd, because in one video, Aleks appeared as a woman, and in another, as a man, and Helga felt so...confused. So she wanted closure. So he arranged a picnic, where they could talk in private.

The spring had become summer by then. It was a sunny day, on a sunny hill – a meeting spot for them for some time. Aleks was feeling tense. He could feel something swell up within her. Was it...Lust? A desire for Helga? Just embrace her and tell what powerful feeling is slowly building up inside him? And then...Well...Perhaps they could be...lovers? But no. This was not how it should be. Helga had to know; she deserved to know. He wouldn't feel comfortable if it happened without her knowing the truth.

"H-h-helga, I...am...int-" Aleks stammered out

But then Helga screamed out "Your body?! What's happening to it?!". And it happened. Again! Helga's face turned pale. Before her, Aleks' body was contorting uncontrollably into different shapes. She was only staring in abject horror at what was happening with her friend, being unable to do anything.

"HELGA! GO AWAY! RUN!" Aleks screamed, her voice distorted in several registers

"N-n-nein!" she responded, and then dialed a number. "J-j-just hold still, I'll d-d-dial 112!"

Aleks didn't hear those last words. A sudden blankness had...well, the best word to describe it is that it exploded in her mind. All the worries, all the joys, all the stress, all the happiness, it vanished in a singular moment. He could feel that he was losing shape; not just the form of "Aleks Greene" that he had taken for the past, but the shape of a human being in general. He was turning to goo...And it was the most blissful, transcendent feeling s/he ever felt. No more shape. No more form. Both the male and female natures were gone! Aleks was finally freed of those...trappings that crushed her. He was above all of this, beyond man and woman, beyond the social definitions and constructs.

But this feeling of true freedom lasted for perhaps barely a moment. Darkness soon set upon Aleks' eyes...So am I dead now? Is this truly the end?

It was not. She woke up, in a hospital bed. Around her, she saw several people: a man in a doctor's coat, a person in a business suit, and...Helga! Her face was reddened from crying, and there were dark circles around her eyes. The man immediately noticed her waking up, and...It appeared she had made a certain mistake. Or, well, not mistake, but more like, she forgot to notice the surname of Helga. Helga Reus. Reus, as in, the owners of the reputable Mittelstand. Those were big folks. Important folks. It was made clear that, even if Helga was a cousin of the main branch of the Reus family, this story had to remain...just that, a story. Aleks and Helga were not meant to be.

An "offer" was made – but offers could be rejected, something which was not the case – in exchange for his silence, Helga's father would give her a grant within Hero High, a relatively prestigious institution for people like him. He had to part ways with Helga, and never see with her again, or the consequences for him would be dire…

And now, September lies. Hero High is about to begin. Let's see where this goes.

Random trivia & hobbies:

• She can speak five languages: Bulgarian, French, English, Spanish & German, but can actually only write and read in English and Bulgarian.

• He likes volleyball. A lot. One of his favourite past-times, in fact. It helps when you can extend your arm a lot.

• She's fairly irreligious; while she sees a place of religion within one's personal life, history has shown that organized religion only seems to cause trouble.

• He Is bisexual, ladies 'n' gentlemen.

• She likes music. A lot. The genre she listens to really depends on her mood, but Phil Collins seems to be her favourite at any time.

• He doesn't watch football, because that's for fools who have not seen the light.
Weakness: As already mentioned, morphing into non-humanoid forms has a tendency to be not quite a pleasant affair for her. Furthermore, turning into a human he does not know would mean that he would find himself in a situation where his shape could potentially be washed away, revealing to all his true identity. Her powers are really best used to imitate people she knows well: parents, good friends, lovers, even...

Her powers can also manifest when she's under great duress.

Font: Indie Star

Last edited:

Current map of all the character's home locations. Countries where the map was large enough, I tried to place the flag approximately where their home city was.

There's no icon for Lec's char yet because there's an issue with the flags in that region. Afghanistan itl would be using a different flag from the one we recognize, and his character is from a breakaway region that is ill-defined in terms of borders. Otherwise, everyone should be accounted for.

All applications except Everblack's should be fine
... Everblack's character is fine, too! I just need his weakness typed out :D

Top Bottom