Tech Mod

vinteeum

Chieftain
Not sure if im asking this on the right place or if someone have posted this before:
-How to mod Tech Tree? Any guide for that?

Thx for your help!

There's not a specific guide (AFAIK), but Firaxis has done it in pretty much all of their DLC scenarios! (which are pretty much coded in the same way as mods are)

The VTTE might be helpful for you; otherwise mods like RER or the Enlightenment Era should give you an idea of what you need to do.

Thanks to both of you, I already gave a look at some of DLC scenarios as Troller said but VTTE may do it faster :D Going to try it now to see if it works for my scenario!

I looked for VTTE, seems to work, going to test it soon ingame.
The hard part for me: how to have different Tech Trees for different civs? like I dont want civ X to be able to build unit Y, but all the others can, shall I mess with that civilization or is there a way to create a Tech Tree which forbids some kind of stuff to some but not for all?

I looked for VTTE, seems to work, going to test it soon ingame.
The hard part for me: how to have different Tech Trees for different civs? like I dont want civ X to be able to build unit Y, but all the others can, shall I mess with that civilization or is there a way to create a Tech Tree which forbids some kind of stuff to some but not for all?
Give that specific civ a Unique Unit that has negative cost, faithcost, and gold purchase cost, to produce. That way they cannot build the normal unit. (I'm not sure what happens if you enter NULL instead of an actual replacement unit in Civilization_UnitClassOverrides, so you might even get away with not providing a replacement unit)

Also known in Lua, UnitCanTrain.

You can also try to use the Civilization_DisableTechs table, although when you start the game in a later era, the civ will get the tech anyway. Not sure if it can be stolen by spies.

Top Bottom