1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech pacing too fast

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Sephykrowd, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Sephykrowd

Sephykrowd Chieftain

I usually play on slower game speed and I feel like the tech pacing is way too fast. I know I can adjust tech costs in xml files but that would be really inefficient. Is there another more efficient way to slow down tech pacing?

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

A lot of pacing depends on your game settings and even your individual playstyle. What settings do you usually use?

3. Sephykrowd

Sephykrowd Chieftain

I usually play on a huge RI planet generator map, monarch or prince difficulty, legendary game speed, ancient start, no tech trading, no tribal villages.

4. Walter Hawkwood

And by "way too fast" what do you mean? In terms of game length in turns, where are you in tech at what percentage points?

5. Sephykrowd

Sephykrowd Chieftain

nevermind, realism speed on monarch seems good.

6. Walter Hawkwood

The feedback would still be welcome - since realism is default speed, other can indeed be less well-balanced...

7. [Y]

[Y] Warlord

I've been feeling that tech moves too fast in my games, sometimes. It's not constant, but in ~60% of my games, Islam is founded in 300 BC, which seems wrong.

8. jafink

jafink King

I think the upcoming nerfs to the Great Library should help slow down the pace of technology in most games. Especially games in which the human player builds the GL.

9. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Emperor

True. We should be able to build our troops and buildings faster than we tech so as to have them during a particular time period. I tend to play on slower game speeds to slow the tech speed, but it also tends to slow the building construction to ridiculous snail speeds. I am not sure what the best balance is. I know everyone has different tastes.