Tech Tree Discussion

@Vokarya:

Really good job on all of this, I'm really sorry that you are leaving. Feel free to come back anytime, your work is always appreciated. :goodjob:

Yeah. :(

You will be very missed.

That tech though is a placeholder for when we add Sea cities (Primem0ver has offered to bring the AI from Warlords for that, but there would be some other issues involved as well).

Actually we had a tech called "Marine Colonization" but it was taken out. It came in early Galactic Era. I would like it put back in if we ever get to have Sea Cities. I think MrAzure even made an icon/button for it.

Infact here is a list of all the Galactic Era techs that MrAzure made up but never put in.

- Simulated Reality
- Artificial Nucleosynthesis
- Amino Architecture
- Marine Colonization
- Neuron Architecture
- Knowledge Mercantilism
- Animamaterials
- Creation Dogma
- Neuron Armarment
- Maslov Modification
- Luna Jurisdiction
- Conscious Flora
- Cognitive Augmentation
- Soul Emulation
- Immersive Reality
- Luminal Broadband
- Binary Agriculture
- Aerial Colonization
- Picotechnology
- Species Amalgamation
- Essence Transistors
- Planet Scanning
- Binary Omnipresense
- Inner Solar System Piracy
- Gaia Computing
- Molecular Teleporatation
- Element Enginnering
- Luminal Organisms
- Synthoid Organisms
- Binary Pyscokinesis

It would be up to us if we ever want to use any of them. Personally "Binary Omnipresense" sounds like a good tech.

As does Planet Scanning (though I assume this would be the ability to get the planetary maps before you actually have to send units there...)

Yeah. :(

You will be very missed.
Absolutely

Vokyara
Please feel free to just play and share your thoughts as you wish. We would love for you to stay on as an advisor at your leisure. We would always greatly appreciate your opinion, especially at key moments and thorny challenges, and hope you will at least be open to catching the bug again, and visiting enough to see us through on this amazing journey as far as you can. Hope we can all get together for transitions into the even more amazing future! You will always be an important part of our C2C family. I hope you feel the same.
Maybe we can all come up with some good excuses for you to want to visit.
Keep in touch, and keep enjoying what you have helped create!
and if you get a chance to stumble across someone like you, please send them our way. :)

Take care and have an equally positive and amazing future. I do hope to see you again soon.
and let us know what kewl things you discover along the way!

I really think bringing Azure back is not the best of ideas.

Then again, I'm not involved with this mod so what do I know?

Without much of any disagreement, he was an extremely positive influence on C2C and it's future, both literally and in in the game. He taught us that we could truly reach the future.

Everyone's opinion matters, in a positive way. We want to take the best of each of us, and see what can be created together! That way our best is multiplied!

You never know how far that can take us.

It is all about what we choose to do to improve things.

To the Future!

A couple last-minute additional prerequisites to remove any dead-ends:

• Derivatives leads to Megacorporations
  • Jovian Exploration leads to Solar Propulsion
  • Supersonic Rails leads to Megastructure Engineering

@ls612 (or Vokarya)

Please add this tech ....

Feline Domestication
Icon/Button: (See Attachment)
Cost: Same as Animal Husbandry
Req Tech: Canine Domestication AND Ceremonial Burial

-----

Please change the following tech requirements ...

- Kemetism (Req Polytheism AND Stargazing AND Feline Domestication)

Thank in advance! :goodjob:

Wow, still adding techs? You sure we don't have enough already? I think filling the techs we currently have with content would be more better than adding more techs. Maybe we should have a vote on whether more techs should be added or not. I don't believe we should remove techs we already have but I believe adding more techs is not a priority...

Wow, still adding techs? You sure we don't have enough already? I think filling the techs we currently have with content would be more better than adding more techs. Maybe we should have a vote on whether more techs should be added or not. I don't believe we should remove techs we already have but I believe adding more techs is not a priority...

This was a special case. And I actually had been wanting this one for awhile now. It will be filled in once its put in. So no need to worry that its another empty tech.

We're going to add a bunch of techs to the Galactic Era. But I'd agree with you in this case and question the wisdom of adding a tech (and a unit and a bunch of promotions) specifically for cats.

Last cycle I added Tech Commerce Modifiers tags in order to do some things involving the Language civics and the gold issues. This is about the Gold issues, and my plans for them in the Medieval era.

Background. In my game I started playing at the end of the classical era in January and immediately had to bump down my research slider to 60% to keep a balanced budget. By the end of the medieval era I am now making 2000 gold/turn with full sliders. So something needs to be done about :gold: in the Medieval era.

My solution is to apply a gold modifier of -3% to 3 techs in the Medieval era; Fedualism, Education, and Invention. This should reduce incomes by 9% total during that period and will make things more balanced. It is also impossible to avoid these techs if you want to progress in the Medieval era. How does this sound to everyone?

Last cycle I added Tech Commerce Modifiers tags in order to do some things involving the Language civics and the gold issues. This is about the Gold issues, and my plans for them in the Medieval era.

Background. In my game I started playing at the end of the classical era in January and immediately had to bump down my research slider to 60% to keep a balanced budget. By the end of the medieval era I am now making 2000 gold/turn with full sliders. So something needs to be done about :gold: in the Medieval era.

My solution is to apply a gold modifier of -3% to 3 techs in the Medieval era; Fedualism, Education, and Invention. This should reduce incomes by 9% total during that period and will make things more balanced. It is also impossible to avoid these techs if you want to progress in the Medieval era. How does this sound to everyone?

<em>Orders popcorn and waits for Joseph's arrival...</em>

Bad solution I think.

- :gold: modifiers should go to education civics that provides science. We should also consider adding social policies like retirement free healthcare etc.

I agree with Nimek. Arbitrary penalties just leave a bad taste in the mouth. Also as Joe will atest, the reductions will have to be balanced across the various game speeds.

I agree with Nimek. Arbitrary penalties just leave a bad taste in the mouth. Also as Joe will atest, the reductions will have to be balanced across the various game speeds.

They aren't arbitrary. Education unlocks a LOT of stuff relative to other techs, Fedualism makes some good new civic choices available and leads into the Medieval era, and Invention leads to two major improvements; Gunpowder (in the Renaissance) and Clockpunk. I purposely chose these so that the techs had enough stuff to make you want to take them anyways, and I don't feel that they are any more arbitrary than the Language Civics for one.

By arbitrary, I think they mean, there's no good explanation nor logical cause for said drain on the finances. It comes across as a balance tweak with no further rationale. Perhaps those techs were chosen because they provide a lot of good and could use some balance to how much they provide but that's not much of a reason from the simulator standpoint.

Perhaps some buildings in that era should cost more in maintenance? Castles perhaps? Perhaps it could be looked at from a civic application angle?

So discovering something destroys income through out your empire even if you don't implement anything! Does sound arbitrary - why doesn't Shelter Building have the same penalty, it opens up a great deal of stuff too. There has to be a better way.

Perhaps some buildings in that era should cost more in maintenance? Castles perhaps? Perhaps it could be looked at from a civic application angle?

That is a better idea all round. There are a number of buildings that could scale with techs.

By arbitrary, I think they mean, there's no good explanation nor logical cause for said drain on the finances. It comes across as a balance tweak with no further rationale. Perhaps those techs were chosen because they provide a lot of good and could use some balance to how much they provide but that's not much of a reason from the simulator standpoint.

But that isn't very precise. This is why I like the Era modifiers for techs, it allows me to tune each era to my liking for progression. C2C is a game, and if balance tweaks are needed on an 'arbitrary' basis (which isn't correct, the basis is balance) then so be it.

By 'precise' I think you mean 'easy'. And I agree that it's a bit tougher to try to work with balance from tweaking the small portions that make up the whole. But I think DH's point is pretty solid. Why should I lose gold just because I discovered a new technology?

Top Bottom