Tech tree statistics and ingame tech tree.

I mean, you could make the options still. Those would only be the default colours.
Yeah, default would be this list of 14 colors.

@Dancing Hoskuld
It could be like:
If option1:
->Do this

elif option2:
->Do that

Else:
->Default paint job.

Or there could be preset colors, and then you pick something for each era just like this Alarm Clock BUG module, that colors top text depending on era.

I published the list of things I was going to do in there back in September in the UI thread (here). However if you are going to do it, go ahead and do the rest. The only thing I would like to add would be something that changes the length of the tech box to represent the change in research time due to the availability of resources.

I published the list of things I was going to do in there back in September in the UI thread (here). However if you are going to do it, go ahead and do the rest. The only thing I would like to add would be something that changes the length of the tech box to represent the change in research time due to the availability of resources.
I mean you can override my stuff for now, and when you finish you can add checkbox, that overrides any settings - Default Color Scheme or something like that.
My color scheme would be enabled by checking checkbox, just like there is now defunct "Use RoM color scheme" option.

I mean you can override my stuff for now, and when you finish you can add checkbox, that overrides any settings - Default Color Scheme or something like that.
My color scheme would be enabled by checking checkbox, just like there is now defunct "Use RoM color scheme" option.
Except we want those "defunct" colours and a personal set that the player can set up for themselves.

Except we want those "defunct" colours and a personal set that the player can set up for themselves.
By defunct I meant BUG option named "Use RoM color scheme" doesn't change anything.

This option can be gone altogether or be used to activate default color scheme.

Updated tech tree to SVN 10211

Last edited:
Geez you guys are just trying to get me to play Civ4 again I see!! :lol:

Not hard these days with Civ6 and Civ5 being lame as can be. Civ6 has some cool features but modding has been shattered. bah.. thx for the update!! :D

Geez you guys are just trying to get me to play Civ4 again I see!! :lol:

Not hard these days with Civ6 and Civ5 being lame as can be. Civ6 has some cool features but modding has been shattered. bah.. thx for the update!! :D
WB Fox!

@raxo2222 thanks for the correction, now I know that I have to round to the nearest 5.

Though why was polymerization moved?
Refining tech, that was needed by this tech was in same column.
Weirdly it didn't need move in tech infos file after my change.

It was more of nitpick change - only two or three pairs of such techs are here currently, but are impossible to move to separate column, as whole tech tree would get changed.
They are in Prehistoric and Medieval eras.

I'll will do a final untangling of minor stuff, mainly one issue in the ancient era and a couple in the nanotech era.
I think there is minor issue in Transhuman era too.

Updated to SVN 10336

Now all arrows are untangled and no arrow goes under any tech.

Now only Prehistoric has minor graphical issues:
Early part of tech tree doesn't have any arrow connection with rest of tech tree (bottom left) - this one starting with Language.

There are two techs where it and their requirement are in same column:
Trapping requiring Tracking and Hunting Tactics requiring Atlatl making.

Fixing those would be very difficult as you can't really move anything by X grid.

Last edited:
@Raxxo, KaTiON,
We still have one problem with later mounted units, The Lancer and Dragoon. Right now the Dragoon can upgrade to Cruisaire (sp?) and Lancer. But Lancer is supposed to upgrade to Dragoon. Lancer is a str 16 unit and Dragoon a str 18. Been meaning to mention this or outright fix it for sometime now. But since you all are making these adjustments I'll throw the ball to you all. :)

Looks like Dragoon and Lancer have switched tech requirements in addition to switched up upgrades.

Early part of tech tree doesn't have any arrow connection with rest of tech tree (bottom left) - this one starting with Language.

I've been thinking, wouldn't it require the creation of an OR prereq somewhere in the prehistoric tech tree?
There are two techs where it and their requirement are in same column:
Trapping requiring Tracking and Hunting Tactics requiring Atlatl making.

Fixing those would be very difficult as you can't really move anything by X grid

I have a way of solving this, but see my previous question first.

I've been thinking, wouldn't it require the creation of an OR prereq somewhere in the prehistoric tech tree?

I have a way of solving this, but see my previous question first.
Yes, that would require OR prereq somewhere so there would be arrow.
Barter has Counting and Conduct prereqs - both they are AND prereq.
Petroglyph has AND prereq with cultural identity, but it doesn't have arrow connection to later techs.

As of those pairs in same column one is AND requirement of other tech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom