Teddy Roosevelt has lost some weight now (pictures)

- His girth is the result of the layers of cloth he wears (not unlike maiko in Kyoto wearing the traditional full-garb kimono). The one in Civ VI looks like he earned it over the dinner table. It's very different.

I don't know, man. I doubt the roundish face in the drawing is the result of his layers of clothes . . .

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ6_NewTeddy.jpg
    Civ6_NewTeddy.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,747
I for one appreciate that they toned the cartoonish features of Teddy down. If anything is really carried over from CiV it is the style of depicting the leaders more accurately, and not too stylized.

I for one appreciate that they toned the cartoonish features of Teddy down. If anything is really carried over from CiV it is the style of depicting the leaders more accurately, and not too stylized.

I don't mind stylization, but the chubby jowls and paunch didn't even look like a caricature of TR, who was very fit and not at all fat. As others have said, it looked more like Taft or Cleveland.

To me it shows the advantage to keeping the models a bit more on the exagerated/caricature side, it's always better to go a bit overboard and then tone down the exageration, than it is to go bland and then try to exagerate it afterwards.

Anyway, good work on the fix.

I don't mind stylization, but the chubby jowls and paunch didn't even look like a caricature of TR, who was very fit and not at all fat. As others have said, it looked more like Taft or Cleveland.

Precisely. I am not neccasserily against cartoonish or charicature leaders, but the leader at least needs not to look a lot more like other leaders from the same country, and I think adding entirely new features, as opposed to exaggerated ones, is strange. Teddy's obesity just seemed a very weird choice. Anyway, I am very thankful for this fix, and admire the dedication of Firaxis to be willing to rectify something that is so minor in the minds of most.

Regarding Pedro, I like him as he is appearance wise, but admittedly that is hypocritical considering my opinions on Teddy. I suppose the fact that he is less important to me means, seeing as USA is of more interest to me than Brazil due to historical, cultural, linguistic and political ties to my own country, I will scrutinise the portrayal its leaders less. To be honest though, even if some feel this leader looks a little more like Pedro I than his son Pedro II who it is supposed to represent (though I myself do not think so), I do not think that matters, as unlike Teddy and Taft, who looked nothing alike, those two leaders actually look reasonably alike anyway.

Honestly, I liked Pedro's appearance in the game, but as a character, and not as a historically acurate representatin, because I can't see him as Pedro II himself. To me, it isn't a problem, and could be worse. (When I saw him, this guy came to my mind: )
Spoiler :

Anyway, Teddy's new look is much better than the first one! Thanks, Firaxis!

Top Bottom