Term 2 - The Office of Commerce

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
The Office of Commerce​

Director of Commerce: Octavian X
Deputy Director of Commerce: accepting applications

Welcome to the Office of Commerce! This office is empowered by the Constitution to make foreign affairs, tech queue, and budget decisions.

Previous Terms
Term 1

This is a detailed Conquests ancient-age tech tree, as adapted from Nethog's tech tree, which is available in it's entirety at his website.

Report: 1000 B.C.

Current Techs
Alphabet
Pottery
Bronze Working
Warrior Code
Ceremonial Burial
The Wheel
Masonry
Writing
Philosophy
Construction
Map Making

Tech Queue
Currency - estimated completion time: 16 turns

Treasury
249 gold, -3gpt

Slider Status
10% Tax
70% Science
20% Luxury

Current Trades
Persia - PEACE (19 turns remaining)

Foreign Relations
Created Using CRp MapStat Utility.

1375 B.C. Report

Important Disucssions and Polls
Poll: Gifting Gold to China (External Consulate)
The Disaster Avoidance Thread (External Consulate)
The Dutch Have MM -- 1 turn till Philo
After the Philo Gambit

Okay, i'll sign up for deputy.
My resume:
Nothing.
Yeah, i've never held office but i hope you will accept me, i will learn. Pleez hire me, Thanx.
P.S. If you give me this shot i'll be eternally grateful

Gulliver said:
Okay, i'll sign up for deputy.
My resume:
Nothing.
Yeah, i've never held office but i hope you will accept me, i will learn. Pleez hire me, Thanx.
P.S. If you give me this shot i'll be eternally grateful

Sorry i posted this, but i withdraw my application, i have to work at the external consulate

I have posted the External Consulates draft instructions for the next turnset >>HERE<<

The exact dates for these instructions, plus the method of payment are in your remit Director. Please furnish the President with the necessary information. :)

Dear Director,

I believe your office “adjusts slider and approves/denies requests from leaders regarding the use of gold.”

The Consul for External Affairs has developed a policy of reducing research to aid in our forthcoming wars; and more importantly, as part of the strategy to help us achieve the cultural victory the citizens of Fanatannia have agreed is our goal. The Consul for Resources and Technology prefers rapid research. In particular, he mandates we set the research rate for Currency at as high a level as possible.

However, it is your responsibility to determine slider rates. I request that you consider setting the research rate at a minimum. We need the gold we’re currently spending on research to upgrade units for our imminent wars. More importantly, I suspect we’re the only civ that knows every other civ in the game, so we’re in an excellent position to trade for techs should we decide we need something. It seems a better use of our resources to let our rivals do our research, and then either trade for it or buy it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Many thanks for the notification, sir. I don't feel that I have enough information from the citizens on their desired course of action. Because of this, I've posted a discussion thread on the topic to determine the appropriate course of action for the next few turns, at least until the compleation of currency. Please, keep me in the loop on the decisions and actions of the External Consulate!

Regards,

Director,

I have started THIS THREAD which includes discussion relevant to the interests and duties of your office. My purpose is to stimulate discussion on when we should attack India, and prompt us to make a decision. I invite you to participate in this thread.

Thank you for your consideration.

Director,

The office of the External Consul has started THIS THREAD to affirm that we want to declare war on the Dutch next. Because such a war would be of great interest to your office, we invite you to join the discussion. We suggest this because we think it might be convenient to integrate all discussion of such a war in one thread. Of course you may very rightly prefer to discuss the specific affairs of your office pertaining to the Dutch war in a separate thread, and we would certainly understand.

Top Bottom