Term 3 Presidential Office - Bang the Gavel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
President - Shaitan
Vice President - Octavian X

Regular Chat Schedule
This schedule will be repeated each week until altered.

Wednesday, 04:00 AM EST (09:00 GMT)
Scheduled DP: President Shaitan

Saturday, 10:00 PM EST (03:00 GMT, Sunday)
Scheduled DP: Vice President Octavian X

Welcome to the office of the President of Fanatika. All citizens are welcome to post their opinions, ideas, complaints, etc here. Discussions will be moved to dedicated discussion threads in the Citizens' Forum.

My intent this term is to get the game running smoothly and efficiently. We will make progress each chat turn no matter what happens elsewhere. Major decisions need to be discussed, evaluated and decided on the forums before they come up in the play of the game itself. Chat turns will not be aborted or cancelled due to a lack of preparation by game Leaders.

I will hold the Department Leaders and Governors to a high standard. Absenteeism such as what we saw in the Province of Bohemia in Term 2 will not be tolerated and such officials will be circumvented and removed with extreme prejudice and extreme speed. It is the responsibility of each Leader to organize the decisions and plans that fall under their responsibilities and post all necessary instructions in the chat turn instruction thread. Instructions that are not posted do not exist for the purposes of playing out the game. As noted above, the game will not be halted due to a lack of such instructions.

There has always been a misconception that the Vice Presidency is a non-job with no real power, duties or responsibilites. That couldn't be farther from the truth and Octavian X and I will be proving that this term. The Vice President is an extension of this office, the good right arm of the President, the voice of the Executive Branch in my absence. Octavian X will be monitoring special projects, promoting decisions and looking after the overall health and welfare of the democracy game, just as I will. Please show him the respect and cooperation that is his due as the second highest officer in Fanatika's government.

Term 2 Presidential Thread

Official City placement poll (part two). This one deals with the city after next, and is a quick poll

Again, time is short so please vote as soon as possible if you wish to influence the end decision!

Congratulations from the Cartographic Office! Your words inspire all of us.

Is there a schedule of upcoming turn chats posted anywhere? It would be a big help to all of us trying to plan for Fanatika's future.

An interesting note on my office...

I am now the two term vice president of both democracy games. In total, I've served under 4 presidents. That has to be some sort of record...

You're a darn good Vice President Octavian X! :goodjob:

Hmmm. Nothing posted in the Government sub-forum for 27 hours the day before your first Turn Chat. Kinda scary. :)

Congratulations on winning the Presidency, Shaitan. May the Spirits be with you.

I would propose giving the vice a very special job:
Writeup historical summaries :)
That in fact is what im really missing in the TC threats (not this term the t in there is on purpose :)

Congratulations to the office, Sir Shaitan.
And also congrats for Octavian, as winning against donsig is a respectful thing.

I also would like to announce to our presidential office that i and the chat office fully support your moove towards a better streamlined discussion base for the chat.

I also would like to offer my service for supporting your projects as advisor for the time i deny all official governmental services.

As soon as our dreams come true and our government is really working for the populace, i will run for positions again.

Now i have a proposal i believe you should think about:
What about a citizen board? this office will collect opinions of the populace. Not via poll or discussion, but it will listen to ideas posted in the forums and the chat and bring them to the government. This office will also handle the regular posting of "mood" polls, which will be informational and their only purpose will be to help the government determine the "moods" of the populace.

Mr. President - I saw the name change on the save. Pretty cute.

Question - Please tell me about the 8 Temples we are now producing. There is an average completion time of 39 turns. How will this fit into our plans for Japan? Or is this just a pacifier? :)

@disorganizer - Interesting idea but I'm concentrating on getting the things that are already in place working smoothly. New functionality will need to wait for now.

@Cyc - The temples I put into the new city/captured city build queues are just a stopgap build. I don't recommend continuting temples for most of them. A more valuable first build for almost every one of them is a spearman defender.

I have posted Quick Polls to decide the placement of the first, second and third cities during the upcoming November 8th turn chat. These polls have been set to remain open for 24 hours only, so please vote as soon as possible to ensure the cities are built in the right place at the right time!

I wouls like to suggest that in times of war emergency powers should be given to the leader and convert to a communist state and for war time only ignore the polls. If we are involved in a war then waiting for what a poll 's result is going to be would take to long and what would the people know, surely the military and defense departments would know best what to do and could advise the president. And once the poll results are back then what the citizens have voted todo may be the completely wrong thing and could lead to our undoing. Also under a democratic state war weariness is a major problem and subversives would become more frequent creating revolts. But this would only be done in war-time, after 10 turns after the war is over so it is certain that the cities and borders are protected everything would return back to normal. This is so the people who know what they are doing make the decisions which may determine our survival instead of the people who don't and may trigger our demise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom