The 2024 US Presidential Election

The Klan goes somewhere. The Libertarians go somewhere. The Communists go somewhere. The polygamists go somewhere. The coprophagics go somewhere. So do the fisherman, the lumberjacks, the dock workers, the farmers the actors, etc etc. They all try to find an umbrella big enough to keep them from getting wet. The problem is, everyone wants as much umbrella as they can get for themselves. So once they think they have enough to win, the move(lean manufacturing!!!) is to shove out the group you like least and predate on them with remainder of the crowd. I'm thinking this estimate in big data era is actually one of the reasons everything is always so close more recently.

The coprophagics go somewhere.
I had not previously heard of this party fielding a candidate. I don't always look at the backside of my ballot, since to me it's always in the end D v R.

Always check the rear!

~92%?

Damn, no wonder you all hate the EC. You have no meaningful divergent interests if polled that monolithic on this?

If juries used a system like the EC you could get convictions with 5 guilty votes and 7 for acquittal. But I guess you'd be fine with that as long as you could pretend the 5 had "less clout"?

<snickers>

Nah, not the same thing. I'm still waiting on the rap feedback. I put in over 4 pages on the argument you asked me to make. :p

I am fascinated watching the polls as we witness unique events. Biden got a nudge when he demonstrated he isn't totally senile in delivering the SOTU. Trump is getting clear movement that seems to be a response to the trial. But consider how different it might have been if the trial had been broadcast ala OJ?

It certainly appears we are operating in the Churchillian construct.

Polls are weird currently. Biden and Trump basically even in national polls, but Trump way ahead in swing states. The difference between the two being even greater than in the last 2 elections. The EC is really a problem for representativity of the presidency.

Polls are weird currently. Biden and Trump basically even in national polls, but Trump way ahead in swing states. The difference between the two being even greater than in the last 2 elections. The EC is really a problem for representativity of the presidency.
Keep in mind perhaps that keeping one's end of a bargain is a good thing and should be binding on future generations.

For example, we promised with Russia to keep Ukraine secure, and we should live up to our word.

In the case of the electoral college remember that the US was not united until an agreement was negotiated. The states were sovereign entities. Part of the agreement to form a union, a very important part, was the constitution of the Senate and the House, a compromise to ensure that small states would always have influence and not be lost in the larger numbers of more populous states. Likewise, the electoral college ensures that a handful of large states cannot rule the entirety.

Put another way, keeping one's word is an act of honor. Everyone who wants to get rid of the electoral college is acting out of either ignorance or dishonor.

That being said, there is an honorable remedy. Amending the constitution. But I fear many would rather just resort to some form of skullduggery because there is only one reason to change the electoral college and that is to accrue political power at the expense of the people's freedom.

Kennedy has pretty well established that he is qualified for this election by admitting that a worm got inside his brain and ate a portion of it before dying. And also suffered from mercury poisoning. Plus, atrial fibrillation and spasmodic dysphonia. Fits right in.

Keep in mind perhaps that keeping one's end of a bargain is a good thing and should be binding on future generations.

For example, we promised with Russia to keep Ukraine secure, and we should live up to our word.

In the case of the electoral college remember that the US was not united until an agreement was negotiated. The states were sovereign entities. Part of the agreement to form a union, a very important part, was the constitution of the Senate and the House, a compromise to ensure that small states would always have influence and not be lost in the larger numbers of more populous states. Likewise, the electoral college ensures that a handful of large states cannot rule the entirety.

Put another way, keeping one's word is an act of honor. Everyone who wants to get rid of the electoral college is acting out of either ignorance or dishonor.

I notice how that only applies to policies that you want.

Meh... the agreement to allow slavery to continue was also one of those "make-or-break" things that was negotiated and was a necessity, without which the nation wouldn't have been formed. I don't feel the slightest bit of "dishonor" over that being discontinued at gunpoint.

Meh... the agreement to allow slavery to continue was also one of those "make-or-break" things that was negotiated and was a necessity, without which the nation wouldn't have been formed. I don't feel the slightest bit of "dishonor" over that being discontinued at gunpoint.
I notice how violence applies to policies that you want.

In the case of the electoral college remember that the US was not united until an agreement was negotiated. The states were sovereign entities.

This is not true; the states were never individually sovereign. This goes back to the Declaration of Independence:
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people [note: not thirteen peoples; one people] to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another,

That being said, there is an honorable remedy. Amending the constitution. But I fear many would rather just resort to some form of skullduggery because there is only one reason to change the electoral college and that is to accrue political power at the expense of the people's freedom.

And yet the people who want to change the electoral college want to protect, even expand, people's liberty. While the people who want to keep it are doing everything in their power to make America a fascist state.

Yeah. It's slaaaavery the power Kansans hold in the union. You're slaaaaves.

Sound more like a bunch of kids who had the president cut in with a speech while Flipper was on. "We have to watch that?"

Top Bottom