Term 4 - Embassy to Netatolia

Well, Netatolia are still waiting for an offer...

If noone objects, I would like to start an initial offer of 200 gold for it.

Netatolia has spoken! They offer us Theology in exhange for 100 gold + 8gpt and a lux in the future.

If we get Theology, we can start 40 turn research of Printing Press.

What do you say?

I say let's make it official next turn. :) Please post this info in the Turn 156 instruction thread.

BTW, did you ever save that chat log from that day? I found the military discussion between miccofl and Trip pretty informative. :)

It's all posted in the Foreign Affairs Thread.
I too found that discussion very interesting. :)

I have even been thinking about making an intelligence agency again, like I did in the end of DG2, to help keep track of all the info about the other civs.

This morning I recieved some very interesting messages from micccofl, Premier of Netatolia.

When we next get our turn GWT will have 16 Ansars, 24 MI, 16 Pikes, 1 Horseman, 10 Catapults, 3 Workers and a Settler within striking distance of Boston. While we have significant forces in place there, the possibility if defeat remains. If we determine that defeat there is inevitable, would you be willing to accept the city as a donation to destroy at your earliest convenience? (Yes we all agree it is an exploit, but it has been r [the rest of the message was not there...]

Also, GCA has managed to get contact with us and open an embassy. We are not pleased.

That last one don't surprise me much, but I realy like the ending, "We are not pleased." :p

And the most important thing to discuss: Do we accept their city?

See if you can get the rest of that message, Cheetah. :)

Also, how would gifting us a city benefit their situation? The only thing I can see that doing is possibly drawing us into war with GWT.

We could destroy it but CGN says that they have a settler so they can rebuild it quickoly. And it also seams they were in a hurry if only half of the message is here. I say that we check with APO if they will help us if GWT declares war on us based on this incident. But currently I think that we should not go to war with GWT.

Ok. I have some update on the message.

(Yes we all agree it is an exploit, but it has been ruled as acceptable by the Game Administrator and has been used a few times already - turnabout is fair play.)

That is the end of the first message. :)

And I also got the reason for them to want to gift the city to us. All their units will then get a free ride on 'the magic carpet', back to their capitol.

miccofl also added that they have accepted the Theology trade, and that they will have Gunpowder in 4 turns.

I think that the war werryness is to much for us to handle in the case that we go to war with GWT. We should not get involved as of right now. Maybe later once we have the troops we can go into GWT and conquer GCA after GWT has made an offencive since most of their troops will be in the south fighting CGN. Then, with APO we should do a duel offencive in the heart of GWT territory. This will cause the troops in CGN's territory to come back north, thus saving CGN.

This may very well be the plan once we get Navigation. I still have reservations about going thru with this plan.

Also, regarding Gunpowder, during a talk with miccofl and Trip, it was determined that ourselves or Poly wouldn't receive it for awhile because it would make it easier for GWT to research it. The more civs that have the tech, the easier it is to get. Add to this the fact that we are in debt paying for our current tech, and I would say to hold off on any Gunpowder deal for awhile.

Could it be so hard for us just to accept the city, and then abandon it at our first chance?

Such an action would likely make CGN very friendly towards us, and they would owe us one. :)

Top Bottom