Term 5 - Quirnial Province: No Catch-Phrase Required

Originally posted by deshelbr
I'm happy to announce that as of today, Quirnial is the only province that has both a mayor and a city thread for every single one of its cities. Thank you, mayors, for your outstanding efforts.
[dance] Whoo hoo! Congrats Governor and Mayors! :beer:

Originally posted by D'yer Mak'er
@zorven- hmm. we can go with those for now. the issue is more complex for 'my' city beacuse of the large amount of overlapping tiles with the 4 neighbouring cities.

I agree, you have more difficult tile planning ahead of you ;)

Ok, lets leave it as it is currently in the game, and if you want changes in the future, lets talk.

hmm. the other cities havn't built their hospltals...yet... so they aren't screaming for worker actions....yet.

could we expect to get as much attention as this the next TC? or should we ask for more?:

this is just a suggestion of course.

des makes much prettier images. how did you make the cities shift color like that? :o

D'yer Mak'er,

Quinial was in great need of worker attention during the past few chats, mostly because of the border with agressive and possibly hostile neighbors. The TFRR was mostly completed in the past chat, including a dramatic expansion in the past chat.

I would expect that more workers than before will be making land improvements, but at the current numbers.

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Governor deshelbr,

I have updated my queue and laborer requests.

Mayor zorven.

My Lord Governor,

If I recall from the game, our borders in Southern Quirnial appear to be under some pressure. I would suggest the a few cultural buildings, with rush builds requests may be in order for Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill.

President Ravensfire,

Why yes, we would love to have temples, libraries, and cathedrals rushed!! Thank you for your generous offer. The problem is that DZ and I have talked about this and so far he has only garaunteed rushes for the Library and Granary in Cold Harbor and a Granary in Malvern Hill.

I would be more than happy to take part in a cultural offensive on the Aztecs if DZ is willing to follow through with the money. Right now I think the DZ is more interested in seeing those cities rush workers until we hit his goal. I'll see if we can talk about this at the (non)turn-chat this week.

Thank you for bringing this up.

now when the president has asked for input on worker actions, we should take this oppurtunity to at least have all our forests irrigated. This will not result in optimized land usage, but will speed up growth. later after the cities have grown we should ask the DP to mine over some irrigations.

of course, if workers were to be added to our cities, this would not be needed, but I have a feeling the growth of some other cities might be higher prioritized...

black = irrigate
purple = mine

RE: Irrigating forest tiles

I do not want the forest next to Sycorax to be irrigated. Doing so will give Sycorax an odd number of food, causing growth / starvation cycles. I want to avoid this and thus want to keep my forest. Plus, it brings in tourists ;)

Governor,

In preperation for the Space Race, the major production centers of Fanatica need to be identified and developed.

Prior to the next chat, I would like you to identify those cities in your province, that with a Factory, Hospital and decent population (15+) will be capable of producing 50 shields per turn or more.

For each of those citied, please identify all needed tile improvements to maximize the sustainable production for that city.

I will then work with the Domestic Leader to assist the cities as needed.

Thanks,

Governor,

In response to the President's request, I have analyzed Sycorax's capacity for production. I estimate that at size 12 with a factory and courhouse, net production will be about 40 shields per turn. This should improve with the addition of a Police Station. Growth beyond size 12 will not add any shields to production.

zorven
Mayor of Sycorax

Cold Harbor's page has been updated. You can visit it here. If you just want the gist of it, the queue is still worker/worker/worker. I've heard that we (Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill) are losing the culture war. Perhaps a cathedral is in order soon?

My Lord Governor,

We are nearing the end of both this term, and the Industrial Age. I am asking you to help me in improving your province.

For the past few chats, Vice President Rik Meleet and I have been laboriously going through each city on a periodic basis looking for improvements to cash rush. This has dramatically extended the time for each turn chat.

We will not do this anymore. As Governor, part of your duties include searching for items to cash rush, and bringing them to the attention of the Domestic Minister.

For the last two turn chats, neither Rik nor I will be reviewing cities for cash rushes. Our expectation is that each Govenor will identify those improvements that make sense to cash rush. Please post that list in the Budget thread as usual for the Domestic Minister, or his Deputy, to review. Be sure to look ahead, and plan for a full 10 turns. Improvements besides just the immediate build can be rushed, and rushes can happen on any turn, not just the pre-turn.

Our treasury is flush, and will continue to grow at around 600 gold per turn. Please, help us spend it!

Thanks,

Top Bottom