Term 6 Nominations - President

Sigma

Censor
Term 6 Nominations for the Office of the President

The President is a member of the Triumvirate. The duties of the Triumvirate include issuing stop orders, declaring a state of mobilization, and appointing the Director of Intelligence.
In addition, the President is tasked with defining a budget, resolving disputes between officials, controlling settlers and naval units, and is given all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Please note that you may nominate any number of citizens for this position, including yourself. A nomination must be accepted by the person who was nominated to be considered valid. You may only accept one nomination, but you may change your mind about accepting and declining a nomination as many times as you like up until the deadline. Candidates will be listed in order of their (last) acceptance in the election poll.

Nominations will close on May 27th at 2:00 PM EDT (18:00 UTC).

Should they choose to write them, the candidates' platforms will appear below.

I nominate DaveShack

I wish to nominate myself (as well as accept) to run for the possition of President.

I will plan to run on a platform of the "Golden Rule" to foster a sense of community and cooperation in the Demogame, and reviving the Demogame through advertising our game throughout the entire CFC community as well as the front page.

I shall present to you the "Golden Rules" that are part of my platform (Otherwise known as the Ethic of reciprocity).

"Love your neighbor as yourself" (Luke 10:27)
"Do to others as you would have them do to you." (Luke 6:13 & Matt 7:12)
"Judge not, lest ye be not judged." (Matthew 7:1)
"What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others." - Confucius
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha
"He who forgives ends the quarrel." - Anonymous
"Forgive, and you will be forgiven." (Luke 6:37)

From what I have seen through out this term in the Demogame was a shakey sense of a community which is liable to colapse like a house of cards. I had became very conserned about not only the lack of partisipation in the demogame, but how weak our foundation of a community is with back and forths bickering and fighting between two groups of people and causing some people to be turned off by these actions and eventualy leaving the Demogame. My plan and goal is to create a solid foundation of our community and as well as attracting new members as well as old members who left us into the Demogame.

Ok, when CivGeneral decided to nominate himself, I was doubting who I should support, but it's an easy choice now.

Ladys and Gentleman,

Introducing the Next President ....

From wellington New Zealand...

Former trade minister, former trade minister, former Public defender and judge advocate, former Cheif Justice and Vice President...

The In corruptable and Undisputable...

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that's a self nomination? You should say so just to make it official.

GeorgeOP said:
What differs you from the other candidate?

Campaign Letter
Establishing a Strong Community
From the desk of
CivGeneral
To the citizens
and the voters
of the
Demogame

Introduction​
I have been around the Demogame for almost nearly four years now. I have been drawn to the demogame due inpart of the strong sense of community and cooperation that the Demogame has to offer as well as a freindly atmosphere. As the months progressed after Demogame I of Civ3, I have noticed that there has been an wearing down of the foundation of the Demogame community as well as a breakdown of cooperation between people. This has lead distrust as well as disrespect between two groups who dont agree with each other. Oftenly individuals or a group would see that going on and would be turned off and leave the Demogame.

What I also noticed though out the passage of time is individuals who leave by no fault on their own (Since they have lives outside this virtual world) and would leave the Demogame to take care of their real life needs. I personaly feel that they have a right to since School, College, Work, as well as family are more important to take care of. I make mention of this since Demogamers who leave due to real life issues shrinks the citizen pool of the Demogame. In the past we had a healthy ratio of people leaving the Demogame due to real life and new Demogamers. I felt that advertisement of the Demogame in the past has helped bring in new people into the Demogame to carry the torch that the older Demogamers hands to them as they leave to take care of their real live issues.

The last thing I have noticed is that we often times have lurkers who are registered as citizens but yet still lurk in the Demogame. I was once a lurker in the Demogame before I made the first move to actualy sign up as a citizen. I have a feeling that many of these lurkers might be intimidated to post their ideas or opinions for fear of eather their ideas being heavely criticized or ignored as well as the intimidation that there are vet or oldbies in the Demogame.

Building a foundation for a Demogame Community
What I plan to do during my presidency is to foster a strong community and cooperation in the Demogame. I will encurage leaders and governors in my administration to encurage the citizens to join in discussions in regards to the game affairs. This would also be a good opportunity to give a warm welcome invintation to our lurker Citizens to post in these threads and invite them to post their ideas into the discussion. As president, I shall do my part to foster a strong community by interacting with leaders and governors as well as the citizens.

Another plan that I have would revolve spreading the word about the Demogame through requesting the CFC Civ4 Mods they post an adnouncement about the Demogame, requesting the Demogame mods to post about the Demogame at the front page of www.civfanatics.com, and even encuraging our citizens to advertise in their signatures about the Demogame. I feel that if we get the word about the Demogame out to the world, the more new demogame citizens we would get.

With the influx of new interested citizens, we as vet Demogamers should do our part to help and welcome these new citizens and help them learn the basics of the Demogame rules that they need to know. I would also encurage leaders and governors in my administration to take these new citizens who are interested in being involved with the government of the Demogame under their wing as a deputy or if they cant by law be a deputy, they can be invited to lend a helping hand with the department.

During my administration, I plan to also foster cooperation and a freindly atmosphere by encouraging that we follow the "Golden Rule" which I have listed earlyer which basicly states that we should not wrongly judge others, be open for forgiveness, and what Confucius said, "What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others.". I feel that this would bring the community of the Demogame to a stronger foundation.

What separates me from the other canidate
As many of you all know that I am a very nice and respectiful person. I do my best to keep hold to the "golden rules". I am more of a hands on person who is willing to give any help if needed.

Peace be with you :),
CivGeneral

Nobody said:
Oh it was a selfnomination and i accept. Also any questions for me to answer?

how come you feel like you can be an able president yet cant complete a PBEM?

how come you feel like you can be an able president yet cant complete a PBEM?

Ok i had no internet access. When it happened i tried my hardest to easy the transfer to my pbem partners. DO you want to send me money to pay the bill?

i just got it back i should have uniterrupted connection for atleast a few months.

Nobody, What makes you the ideal candidate for the presidency?
What will be your goals?
What do you think about the importance of the laws against the importance of being able to rule the country effectivly?

Nobody said:
Ok i had no internet access. When it happened i tried my hardest to easy the transfer to my pbem partners. DO you want to send me money to pay the bill?

i just got it back i should have uniterrupted connection for atleast a few months.

no however i didnt know that, which was why i was asking how was i meant to know you suddenly had uninterrupted connection?

Top Bottom