1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 6 President's Thread

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by Robi D, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

15 turns at present

2. Love

Love Chieftain

Yes, ivory is important in early game, that have we learned from the multiplayer ladder :mischief: Well to stay topic, my opinion is to first put a city spot there at the ivory as a HQ and then build a city at a possible iron source...

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

OK we have two city locations set on the mainland.

What do you guys think of setting up a city there near that ivory source as the third? I rather not setup a city in a place we think will be iron...but be smart in the placement...remember you have to work the tile in order to get the random chance of finding a mineral.

4. Robi D

Turn 117 50 AD

In Aloha Today
    AS Black Hole spots naitive village

Cities
    Aloha(5) - Settler finished, Market in 22, Growth in 5
    Hello(4) - Worker finished, Forge in 15 Growth in 16
    Hej(4) - Aquaduct in 9, Growth in 1
    Kia Ora (2) - Granary in 33, Growth in 6
    Privet(2) - Forge in 26, Growth in 10
    Guten Tag - Settled next turn
    Ciao - Settled in 2 turns

Workers
    Plumber - Forest chop in 2
    Builder - Moves 1S
    Brick Layer - Starts Forest chop, finished in 3
    Carpenter - Starts banana plantation, finished in 5
    Electrician - Starts Forest chop, finished in 3
    Gas Fitter (new) - Moves 1S, 2SE, 1S

I did forget to take screen shots, although there was not to much to see, but i do promise to lavish you with them over the final few turn of my presidency:) Anyway there are a few things to discuss

First, Piffle wanders around our bay.
    AS Black Hole sees a goody hut but there is not much we can do about it since the scout has gone the other way.
    And the barbs just wont quit, another axe is spotted heading towards Hej

I sent the new worker to help out Builder who is preparing the Ciao site. I figure if we can get a few more Dyes hooked up we can look at trading them for other happiness resources in return or gpt. I would suggest 15gpt as the asking price.

It also occured to me that we can't lie to Innovia and say we researched Machinary ourselves, because unless Innovia does not look at the f4 screen they can see when someone gives you a tech. Why, because when this happens you can't trade it that turn and it says so in the f4 screen because it comes up with Can't trade next to it, where as when you research it yourself you can trade it straight away.

The best bet is to tell Innovia we have been able to get Piffle to research it and they are happy for Innovia to have it (as thanks for CoL ect.). We should also tell them that Piffle is useful to both of us to do some research but that we want Aloha - Innovia to be the main alliance.

Also we are now 2nd in both gold and production at the same time

Music in 8
    Research 80%, 52g +1gpt

5. Love

Love Chieftain

The next city spot must be near the ivory, somewhere here:

6. Robi D

Turn 118 75 AD

In Aloha Today
    Innovia and Piffle meet !

Cities
    Aloha(5) - Market in 21, Growth in 4
    Hello(4) - Forge in 14, Growth in 15
    Hej(5) - Aquaduct in 4, Growth in 9
    Kia Ora (2) - Granary in 32, Growth in 5
    Privet(2) - Forge in 25, Growth in 9
    Guten Tag(1) - Forge 120, Growth 8
    Ciao - Settled next turn

Workers
    Plumber - Forest chop finished
    Builder - Start Clear Jungle, finished in 2
    Brick Layer -Forest chop finished in 2
    Carpenter - Banana plantation finished in 4
    Electrician - Forest chop, finished in 2
    Gas Fitter - Start Clear Jungle, finished in 2

Since i missed them last time here are the screenshots of our wonderful nation under the direction of our beloved leader.

On the left the AS Black Hole continues to steam up along the coast, or is it blow:confused: (yes i've had a few drinks tonight:) ) anyway in the centre is our scout view of the world, and finally on the right Sirians Eyes has nearly made it back to where he started is journey through Innovia.

Now here is our new and somewhat expensive pride and joy (when you see the gpt you will know what i mean) Guten Tag. There is a Barb Axe in the fog 2W of our Axe that near the Hej border. Next to it is our demographics screen, no doubt Epsilon are 1st in most of these but we are best of the rest in gold and production and thats with our pitiful population. I'm sure by the time President elect Kuningas is finished (he loves it when i do all the hard work for him;) ) we will no doubt see 1st in a lot of catagories

Now Piffle has contact with Innovia, how? The only way i see that it happened is they had to galley and sent them in opposite directions and just happened to find us first.

We will need courthouse in Guten Tag, Privet, Hej and probably Ciao in the not too distant future. We will need more axes even sooner (about 4 is my guess to cover all borders from barbs)

Nominations are no closed:)

Music in 7
    Research 80%, 53g -5gpt (-3gpt due to Guten Tag alone)

7. robboo

robboo Chieftain

hey robi...good term...err terms.

Whats your take on putting a city on the island. I havent heard any one talk about that other than GR and myself.

8. Love

Love Chieftain

Yes Robi, your the domestic minister :)

But it will be hard work cutting down the jungle...:sad: I wouldnt build a city there if it was not for the ivory...

It is like Jungle, desert and ocean

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

do we have any workers near guten tag? we can knock off two cottages on them 2 flood plains which should make some way to paying off the maintenance from there.

Honestly i fail to see the importance of gaining ivory- we're not going to be in a position to attack anyone for awhile, we're not in the position of being attacked for awhile so i dont think we need to cripple our civ economically building a city that will take forever to pay for itself.

10. Robi D

To answer the above question

There are 3 workers chopping forest around Hej, 2 of those will go to Guten Tag in the next 2 turns

The Ivory while nice, is not a top priority. Once Ciao is founded we will need to take a break from the expansion and consolidate, and its not an island but on a land bridge much like the one between us and Innovia.

Also Simon should be happy since we don't have to be the go betweens for Innovia and Piffle, i do hope you didn't tell any porkies:) and if you did i hope you made sure you can cover your tracks and deny everything:lol:

11. robboo

robboo Chieftain

OK i agree we need to cut back/slow down...BUT it is in a great tactical location if I understand the map. Its closeness to Aloha and its ability to work water tiles will make it pay for itself quicker.

We have the Collosous we need to fully use that big hunk of copper. My fishing/sea villages.

12. Love

Love Chieftain

...and we got the ivory :p

But seriosly. If we cut the forests down, send some workers whith the settler and axy then we have a pretty good place...

13. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

aye but we really dont have enough workers for the time being to be doing that in the upcoming term at the very least, they need to develop the mainland.

14. Love

Love Chieftain

Yes, i think we'll wait til we got some workers cutting jungle on island

15. dl123654

dl123654 Chieftain

I would like to see at least one city on that island (landmass). For the happyness and the water tiles. We don't need to cut the jungle for a while, we can build a lighthouse over there and just work the water tiles and pay for itself. As robboo said if we aren't going to have fishing cities why did we bother to build Colossus?

The thing I don't like about seeing the ivory is we can assume that at least someone else sees them and war elephants are another unit that is good against mounted units. Before rifles and cav elephants are now the best unit to repel our cossacks assuming no one can find iron.

16. Robi D

I don't think anyone would disagree that its a good spot for all the above reasons, but we wont be able to do it for a while due to maintenance costs. Once we get the population up and some infrasrtucture in place we will be expanding and taking that spot as well as many more

17. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Also doesnt ivory give happiness...

18. Love

Love Chieftain

Yes they do :):):)

19. Robi D

Turn 119 100 AD

In Aloha Today
    Ciao founded:)

Cities
    Aloha(5) - Market in 20, Growth in 3
    Hello(4) - Forge in 13, Growth in 14
    Hej(5) - Aquaduct in 1, Growth in 8
    Kia Ora (2) - Granary in 31, Growth in 4
    Privet(2) - Forge in 24, Growth in 8
    Guten Tag(1) - Forge in 119, Growth in 7
    Ciao(1) - Granary in 60, Growth in 22

Workers
    Plumber - Moves 1W, 3NW
    Builder - Clear Jungle finished
    Brick Layer -Forest chop finished
    Carpenter - Banana plantation finished in 3
    Electrician - Forest chop finished
    Gas Fitter - Clear Jungle finished

Ciao founded so that all for the time being for new cities. Running at -8gpt so we are going to have to drop to 70% reasearch after Music for a little while. We now have the most cities of anyone we have met.

Sirians Eyes keep moving towards the old barb city.
    Scout move SW, it looks like this block of land is a dead end. The pattern seems to be that we all have the large peninsular we start on and a smaller one thats empty, and we are interconnected by a series of 1 tile wide land bridges

AS Black Hole finds a barb city borders and one of Piffles axes

Music in 6
    Research 80%, 48g -8gpt

20. Robi D

Turn 120, 125 AD

In Aloha Today
    [party]President Robi says goodbye/adios/arrivideci/dosvidanja/bon voyage/dovidenja ect. ect. :) [party]

Cities
    Aloha(5) - Market in 19, Growth in 2
    Hello(4) - Forge in 12, Growth in 13
    Hej(5) - Aquaduct finished, Hanging Gardens in 20, Growth in 7
    Kia Ora (2) - Granary in 30, Growth in 3
    Privet(2) - Forge in 23, Growth in 7
    Guten Tag(1) - Forge in 118, Growth in 6
    Ciao(1) - Granary in 59, Growth in 21

Workers
    Plumber - Starts road, finished in 2
    Builder - Starts and finishes road
    Brick Layer - Starts mine, finished in 4
    Carpenter - Banana plantation finished in 2
    Electrician - Moves W, NW
    Gas Fitter - Starts and finishes road

Piffle sends Machinary, so we can trade it to Innovia for Meditation next turn.
    Now i did promise lots of screenies for the farewell so here they are

Barb warrior is still closing in on Privet

We kill one Barb Axe near Hej, just in time to spot another one on the way. Hopefully with Mace now available we can get on top of them

Sirians Eyes has nearly returned to where the barb city used to be, its on that road that seems to lead to nowhere SE of his position. Once we reah there we can head south and try to find Loco and maybe Epsilon too

Scout moves NW and pretty much confirms this is a mini peninsular This area will be very strategic militarily

Looks like Black Hole is rounding a similar mini peninsular. It swoops pretty close to Kia Ora so a well placed city in the future will be very useful

And the demographics at the end of the term, not bad reading:)

And finally it wouldn't be much of a farewell without a bit of reflection on the good old day:)

Aloha, Turn 120(left) and Aloha Turn 60(right) when i first took over

Quite a difference:)

Music in 5
    Research 80%, 40g -7gpt

All the best to President Kuningas for term 7