Term 9 Foreign Office

Just an update on the Piffle thing. I've slowly told them no to any deals at present and play up some divisions in the team:lol:

One thought did occur to me. At present they only have 1 wine if they are silly enough to trade it to us then we should take it

Ok here is the talk i just had with Whomp

Rob says:
Just putting my aloha hat on for a second, any chance of me getting you to realise the folly of your actions?
Whomp says:
What's the thinking?
Rob says:
Well you guys might take out a couple of our coastals but really its just going to drag us both down and there is only one real winner to come out of that, Epsilon
Whomp says:
they're the only ones dealing with us
Whomp says:
it seems
Rob says:
yes but for how long?
Rob says:
especially if your spending all your cash on troops
Rob says:
and keeping WW in check
Whomp says:
yep
Rob says:
i sorry we couldn't come to a deal before but our team was divided by your cosiness with epsilon
Whomp says:
understood
Whomp says:
they were our only trading partner
Rob says:
thats fine, i'm not begrudging you guys for finding someone to trade with but some on the team felt a little uneasy about. I did try to point out that if we offered something substantial we might sway you guys away but there you go democracy sucks sometimes
Whomp says:
i know it really disappointed me
Whomp says:
Epsilon is the undisputed front runner
Whomp says:
and we know dave's skill
Rob says:
yes and we are all to blame in our own way
Rob says:
we tried to tell innovia the uselessness of attacking loco and that they would be better server focusing on epsilon but there you go
Whomp says:
how's that war going?
Rob says:
as far as we know loco have managed to bog them down after losing a couple of cities
Rob says:
but anyway i'll leave you with this on this subject, one city we can forgive, two cities means a battle to the very end
Whomp says:
i'll post that

I didn't try to much BS since Whomps a pro with the diplo so there was no point to it.

I did try to give them something to think about but we are not playing with a strong hand.

I also sent a message to Innovia asking them how long to Astronomy.

Dear Aloha and Loco,

With every turn that passes, it becomes more evident that Epsilon is running away with the game. We all agree on this and all of us have expressed the will to act and to prevent an Epsilonian victory.

If we are to succeed, however, the will to act is not enough and neither is the loose coorperation we have at the moment. While some of us may have stronger coorperations on a two-team basis, we really need to be more organised in terms of a three-way alliance.

This is the reason that Innovia is suggesting setting up a secret alliance forum where we can organise ourselves and discuss much more effectively. If you both agree to this, I can have the forum set up very soon. We must act quickly!

Theoden of Innovia

Got that from innovia, to me it seems a little late for anything to be done but i guess every little might help

Sorry to inform you that we finished Astro at the end of this turn. So we can not send until next time around.

Your Partners,
Team Innovia

Followed by this, just great!

Hmmm... well... Epsilons winning... and its more evident now...

Since i would be banned for a fair while for what i feel like saying i just might leave that at that.

Since i would be banned for a fair while for what i feel like saying i just might leave that at that.

email it to me.... :)

After the week I have had I can use a good laugh...

This is my week...in the field all week and its hot..dam hot. I get rained on 3 days. Then on Wed right at quitting time the boss mentioned that we may be losing people if money doesnt come in.(blasted grant money). So thurday..8am I find out i am the first one to go if the money doesnt come. At 815am I find out that a job I applied for took someone else. At 10am..I get stung by 2 wasps...I am allergic. Fearing for my job and hoping they keep good workers and cut the slackers..I finish my sampling day in a boat roughly 45 minutes from the nearest medical attention.( if my mild allegery got worse..well bye bye ME). Friday afternoon...work party for a retiring professor. I coming from the field and get there 10 minutes after it starts...no more food.

I have to know...why is it I am the worlds tiolet paper. When my luck goes bad...it goes bad.

sorry for the rant..figured you might think its funny.

Piffle get money, when epsilon wins.
Are they the pet (house dog) of epsilon or is there a chance for a 4 against 1, with piffle wins the game.

Are there connections between the players in both teams and animosity against the other 3 teams.

I know personally the majority of team piffle, some of innovia, none of loco and a couple of epsilon.

Mainly people know each other from the first c3c mtdg.

We had a galley scouting the northern coast to make sure our trade routes stay open, but he has come to a dead end. It can't do us any more good so we pass it along to you in hopes that you can get some use out of it.

Team Innovia

From innovia, galley isnt really going to be that much use tbh might just delete it.

Well im not entirely sure as they moved it their after i played the turn but i had seen one near terve so i would imagine near their (terve=incesne city i hope)

could we use it to make a frigate or galleon and come around to hit piffle???

If its at terve i don't see how. After we give Loco and piffle Engineering if one of them can get Chem for us we can then try to build some caravels to upgrade.

However as Aloha is the only viable sea production city for us, but we still need to make sure that we have enough land troops to defend it. We can't forget that Piffle will be in the process of building Grenadiers to compliment their cavs.

Until we get rid of both stacks Piffle has their is no point considering how to hit them

We can also start a slow burn towards Sci Meth, with our GS we can get about halfway there.

Sci Meth would be good. We can then sell it on to tweedledumb and tweedledee

Simon says:
but we're researching sci meth right now
Simon says:
as we have a GS that gets us ~halfway there
Formule 1 gezien in Spa Francorchamps says:
well, we've built the Taj, and we've split up research together with Loco
Simon says:
ok
Formule 1 gezien in Spa Francorchamps says:
it would be best if we could give you some techs to finish as well
Simon says:
well as already stated we're on sci meth now, we can work out what techs we should research also

Having a chat with dutchfire now, his last statement annoyed me a bit, we're not innovia's vassel and therefore wont be told what to do.

They seem to think we should just be giving them engineering whilst we get nothing in return.

The deal was engineering for education

Dutchfire said they arranged a deal for engineering from loco. Im not giving it to either of them before we've worked this out.

well we need friends so dont push to hard...unless you want to rogue nation and start crap with everyone. That in itself could be fun....

Aloha Aloha,

I appologise for any confusiion over last turns tech trade, but I thought it best to just reject it and start fresh.

Although we did give you gold to help with the reaserch we never did make any arrangments for a trade. Anyway I hope you will accept Education for Engineering and Divine Right.

For future coordination we will be finishing replacable parts in 3 turns (thank you golden age).

Thanks,
1889 of Innovia

seems reasonable enough, reckon i should accept?

Top Bottom