Term X Defense Ministry

Chamnix said:
How does spending 105 gold per upgrade help our money situation?

it doesn't. that's why i'm suggesting disbanding our conscripts to save upkeep money.

Greek Guy said:
so all their galleons got away?
Sadly, yes. Not a Galleon in sight... and besides, we don't have any boats that far east even if there were targets to hit.

Chamnix said:
How does spending 105 gold per upgrade help our money situation?
Yeah - it's hard to remember, but this game probably has another 10-15 turns max before it's over. All economic decisions have to be done with that in mind.

Really, I don't see much further use for more than the bare minimum of defensive units. Our money should be in Cavalry, Artillery, a few Infantry, and save money for all those beautiful bombers! :evil:

Donsig said:
Did the Nutter invasion force run back home or did we kill them off?
They ran away after we killed most of them. :evil:

Oh - and I forgot to tell you - TNT's Loose Cannon scored a Hit on the dirty Nuts! :thumbsup:

We could have inflicted even more damage had we had a navy to take care of their ships so that their entire force could have been destroyed making it much easier for us, but I was ignored and since I hate to repeat myself again, I will now shut up.

@Classical - you weren't ignored. There were days and days of posts going back and forth discussing the pros and cons of diverting shields from ground and bombard units to naval units. As a team, we decided to invest in bombard and cavalry. I hope you don't feel you were ignored simply because the majority of opinions happened not to agree with you :)

Glad to see you're still around, keeping up with us as we march to Victory :)!

General_W said:
Oh - and I forgot to tell you - TNT's Loose Cannon scored a Hit on the dirty Nuts! :thumbsup:

Beautiful! [donsig is speechless as tears of joy trickle down his cheeks.]

peter grimes said:
@Classical - you weren't ignored. There were days and days of posts going back and forth discussing the pros and cons of diverting shields from ground and bombard units to naval units. As a team, we decided to invest in bombard and cavalry. I hope you don't feel you were ignored simply because the majority of opinions happened not to agree with you :)

Glad to see you're still around, keeping up with us as we march to Victory :)!
Considering that I have been right so often is hard to ignore.

In case greekguy misses it in the Domestic Thread:

Illustrious Domestic Minister said:
It is Domestic's opinion that all galleons should be upgraded to transports, and all hoplites and conscript infantry should be disbanded in corrupt towns.

;)

the very busy Defense Minister agrees, and makes the above post official orders. ;)

It's time to start moving our transports to where we want them. It looks like the only way to reach the eastern half of Battle Isle is through KISS. I think we should go with about 5 transports to attack KISS and 10 to attack Dnuts.

The 5 transports to attack KISS should start their route to April Fools ASAP. One should come from Tarkingrad, 3 from Heron, and the last one will come from Abdera once it is built. All other transports start heading to Ithaca. Keep them safe!

Personally, I don't see any use for destroyers either. Cavarly, transports, bombers, and a couple marines should be our entire military IMO. As 208 approaches, I would disband our remaining infantry and at least our native artillery for shields - not just yet, in the off-chance there is another landing attempt, but soon...

I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sending transports into unseen territory without at least a destroyer to defend them.

But I suppose that by the time we're commencing landing operations our bombers will be aloft, revealing any enemy ships.

Also, remember the plan - the turn we move transports into enemy territory, we also capture enough towns to reach the domination limit and win the game. If everything goes the way it should, then the enemy won't even get another turn once we move our transports.

Well we need to plan for the worst, just in case something goes wrong, so having the protection is very much needed. Do not forget that we will be open to a counter attack when we do our attacking.

We should have bombers completing soon. We need to think about where we want to rebase them and what we want to bomb.

As far as where to base them, the bulk of them should be able to reach Malice or the Dnut city across from Ithaca (Apple Crumb?). Some should be placed to reach other KISS or Nut towns so that hopefully they move all units out of our bomber range.

For targets, I think units come first. If we kill units, fine, but really it would be just as good if we look like we are going to kill them so they are moved to safety. If we can't find any units, then we should bomb cities - preferably the ones as close to the Dnut capital as we can reach. We want to keep their railroads mostly intact, but destroying buildings or population in a core town is a good thing.

Yes ... the good old 'Bomber Harris' strategy ... bomb their cities relentlessly day and night :evil:

So are we ready to begin discussion on potential invasion plans yet?
What will be the expected number of transports for this action?

fe3333au said:
Yes ... the good old 'Bomber Harris' strategy ... bomb their cities relentlessly day and night :evil:

So are we ready to begin discussion on potential invasion plans yet?
What will be the expected number of transports for this action?

at least 12 transports, but probably more, since we're shippping over more cavs than i orginally anticipated.

Top Bottom