1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Test IV Time - The Alternative World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Stargate, Oct 1, 2006.

1. joelwest

joelwest Noble

try re-installing C3C. it that does not work, please tell me the error and I will see if it a file I can send you

I am still working away updating the Civilopedia for T4T so the workings of this mod are not so mysterious. however this involves updating hundreds of entries

UPDATE Nov 11, 2009

have finished a large part of the Civilopedia updates for T4T, now playing a game of Civ 4 BtS to see what additions in it can be added to T4T. eventually the four tech tree graphics will need to be updated for T4T, if nothing else to show the gov enabling and civ shift techs that were added after Stargate (or one of his helpers) created the four original tech trees. as far as I can tell Stargate is not active on the forums anymore, so my next release of T4T will be in a new thread and will integrate his work and mine into one mod (which is what everyone has been asking for anyway)

joelwest

2. bhinso

bhinso Warlord

Just tried playing this, another really good mod, but had trouble with the tech.
    I played on Emperor, which is my standard playing level on civ (never like a game too easy lol). It's just that it's impossible to research a tech in less than 50 turns early on (I had to keep the lux slider up). AI's of course won't trade as I have nothing to give them, as a result they're in the 3rd age and I've not even got to Bronze working yet :-S

3. bhinso

bhinso Warlord

Finished my game now, just after posting the above, discovered how bad the AI's were at combat, defending with Archers etc, got Persia down to one city, took loads of techs in a peace treaty... discovered 6 civs on my continent, 6 civs on the other (suicide caravels) ended up miles ahead in tech by then, then won a cultural victory just after reaching Steam Power lol!

4. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

Joelwest,

Could you lump all the downloads etc into one? BTW, One download ("B") unzips as an empty folder.

5. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

Big problem; I download both archives, de-compress, and get empty folders. I don't think they're supposed to be empty.

Update: Okay, I decompressed the archives using Stuffit Expander instead and got the files I was supposed to. One problem, no biq. Shouldn't there be a biq?

And how do you install your terrain? I am all confuzzled.

6. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

Got the files downloaded and installed, only to get

Any suggestions?

Update: The entry "ICON_BUILDING_Buddhism" could not be found in the indicated PediaIcons.txt, or in the PediaIcons.txt for T4T itself

Attached Files:

7. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

If somebody could consolidate all the files into one package, it would be much appreciated. I just downloaded Joel West's "Civ 3 T4T mod add-on build 17X 11.08.07" and I'm quite lost as to where things are supposed to go.

8. ceaser1345

ceaser1345 Long live the Idiocracy!

Add vassals to Civ3, that would be awesome!

9. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

I'm not so sure if that's possible, unless you have any idea how it would be?

10. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

This sounds like a bump with nothing related to the mod itself.

11. ceaser1345

ceaser1345 Long live the Idiocracy!

i dont realy know if thats possible. I was wonering if you vets could try and add the source code to the game or something.

12. SteamCiv

SteamCiv Warlord

[The entry "ICON_BUILDING_Buddhism" could not be found in the indicated PediaIcons.txt, or in the PediaIcons.txt for T4T itself ]

search for icon_building something else in the PediaIcons.txt, copy that entry, rename it to ICON_BUILDING_Buddhism, if there is a corresponing graphics file, go to that folder, copy another file and rename it as well to match what is being looked for.

13. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

As the source code for the game was never released, modifying the game to any extent outside of the editor is functionally impossible (bar some members' brief forays in to hex editing). You can't simply 'add' source code, as the source code is the base code with which the creators made the game.