1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Test pitboss

Discussion in 'BTS Multi-Team Demogame II' started by DaveShack, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Okay, firstly, who exactly is supposed to be playing Mongolia's turns? In the last couple of days, four different people have logged into it: Ceiliazul, remake20, Chimera, and v8_mark. Two of those (Chimera and v8_mark) are already playing other civs in this game, and if I'm recalling Civstats correctly, at least some (or all) of those civs have contact with one another. Having one person substitute for you who's already in the game is marginally passable. But having 4 different people all logging into the same civ, 2 of whom already have their own civs in the game? That kind of seems like taking advantage. From the outside it gives the impression of Mongolia being a puppet nation controlled by a couple of its neighbours. Which, outside of a vassal arrangement, is definitely not okay.

Secondly, what on earth is this?

I've never seen Civstats screw up in this way before. How can your score "increase to 164", then "increase to 213" (a colossal jump I might add, how is that even possible?), then "increase to 166"? That doesn't make any kind of sense.

2. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

two different civs which mark had logged into most recently.

3. remake20

remake20 :)

Sorry guys. Here is what happened. Ceilliazul was subbing for me until I got back. Then I asked Chimera to take my turn, since the timer was almost out and I couldn't play, then v8 is subbing for me for this weekend, because I had a family emergency. I plan on keeping one sub from now on. Sorry.

4. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

For the future, please get subs who aren't playing in this ptbs game. People should really only be playing 1 civ in the one game.

5. remake20

Okay. I will try.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Indeed, I was planning on mentioning something when i saw this morning but i'm glad LP has. If you can't find a sub and expect to be away for more than a couple of days then set to AI.

7. Ceiliazul

Ceiliazul Warlord

I am happy to be the sub standby. I do not have a full time team, and hopefully Remake20 will vouch that I was dependable while he was gone.

8. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Ceiliazul - if you can take over Mongolia, please do. I was asked at short notice to play remake's turns.

9. Chimera1804

Chimera1804 King

Canadian smiths are reported to have discovered the secret of working with frozen metal in sub-zero temperatures, creating frost swords and axes which deal an extra 2d6+1 cold damage per hit :mischief:

10. remake20

Yes, when I came back my computer was fried again. Can you, Ceiliazul, take over for me until I get my freaking computer working. I hate it so much!

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

In the meantime could the civ be kicked Dave?

12. Ceiliazul

Ceiliazul Warlord

hey, PM's are great to send me because they show up in my email box. I'll take Mongo until further notice.

13. remake20

I have so many freaking tech issues. I absolutely hate it! :gripe:

14. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Having difficulty logging in as the 'transferring game data' phase is stalling. Will try again in an hour or so :)

15. nabaxo

nabaxo King

Could've been me logged in.

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Having fun there LP? ;)

17. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Useless bloody internet... I'm on holiday for a couple of days, and apparently the connection is complete crap here. Looks like I may be unable to play, which would completely suck.

18. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Dibs on attacking LP. ;)

19. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Unable to log in - getting an application error for some reason. Will try again in the morning.

20. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Seems to be working fine for me... sure you didn't accidentally have a mod loaded or something?