Test pitboss

Sorry for the delay, I'm in the middle of shifting flats at the moment and struggling to find the time for anything right now. Will try to get the turn played later today. I've paused it to ensure there'll still be at least 24 hours left for you guys when your turn arrives. :)

Ok, so didn't expect that once I moved into the new flat I'd be jerked around by internet companies for several days. :mad: Haven't been able to connect (to anything) from there as a result. Anyway, sorted now.

Problem though: BCLG took his turn out of order the other day. Normally I'd just play on (as I've done in the past when it's happened) because it's not usually a big deal. However, BCLG has used the out-of-order turn to bypass over two dozen Transports around a blockade that he would not have been able to do had he played in the correct order. Obviously this (perhaps unintentional) "sneak around the blockade" is a rather big deal, so I'm going to have to request a reload. Luckily I think Elkad's last login (under "Elkad", not "Elkad_unpause") should be a good save to revert to as he was only in for 3 minutes (thus he wouldn't lose many - or any - moves).

Sorry for taking so long by the way, this move's been a whole lot more of a hassle than I thought it would be. Dave, let us know when the game's reloaded to the "Elkad" (not "Elkad_unpause") autosave. :)

So i've played my turn and the same result has happened.

I really do not think that another autosave should be loaded. Simply pausing the game so it stays on the 'right' side of the 24 hour clock is not fair and on this occasion you had actually been in the game before me and had the opportunity to move anything you wanted to combat anything else.

The last turn i played (the same turn) was roughly 60 hours ago in the same way that my previous turn was 6 days after the one prior to it. Frankly, the pausing in this game is ridiculous, i'm fairly sure we've only barely got into double figures in terms of turns since the turn of the year. If you can't play the turn; tough- get a sub, if you can; play it. The turn timer is there for a reason.

So i've played my turn and the same result has happened.
Dude, what the heck. I haven't PLAYED yet, as evidenced by the lack of a turn ended or post here. Of course you'll get the same result, because I haven't FINISHED yet. Why are you being so obtuse like this?

I really do not think that another autosave should be loaded. Simply pausing the game so it stays on the 'right' side of the 24 hour clock is not fair and on this occasion you had actually been in the game before me and had the opportunity to move anything you wanted to combat anything else.
??????? So you just logged in without bothering to check??????

For your information, it was ridiculously late at night when I saw Dave's message, so I logged in to pause while I got ready for bed, then exited without having done anything. I assumed I'd be able to play in a few hours without completely unnecessary and wacky hassles like this. (Which would have been now, if you hadn't insisted on logging in before you were supposed to yet again.)

Why did you do the same thing again for no reason? You know damned well that I would have stopped you doing that sneak move if you'd played in your proper order. Is that why you did it again and then tried to argue to "carry on"? Bit lame and silly if so. We've also all talked many times about the need to play our turns in sequence. Have you suddenly decided the rules don't apply to you again?

Sorry, but this just makes me angry. You've now wasted even more time by forcing yet another reload. I explained why I was unable to play earlier, that doesn't justify taking your turn out of order not once but twice.

The last turn i played (the same turn) was roughly 60 hours ago in the same way that my previous turn was 6 days after the one prior to it. Frankly, the pausing in this game is ridiculous, i'm fairly sure we've only barely got into double figures in terms of turns since the turn of the year. If you can't play the turn; tough- get a sub, if you can; play it. The turn timer is there for a reason.
I didn't think it would be necessary to get a sub given that I originally thought I'd only be away briefly. Plus, getting a sub for a turn that takes multiple hours to play properly is not really practical. A single mistake could tip the game, and if any are made I'd want to take full responsibility for that rather than blaming a sub. Still, I'll look at the option in future. Either way, it's no excuse for your behaviour just now with the deliberate out-of-order login only hours after the game went up again.

Yes, the turn has been moving slowly lately, and that should be fixed soon. But you're not helping by forcing us to waste yet more time with another reload. :rolleyes:

I think we should know ahead of time that BCLG isn't going to just do the same thing again. Can we get confirmation please? Furthermore with all the delays from multiple causes, are we all still in it?

I think we should know ahead of time that BCLG isn't going to just do the same thing again. Can we get confirmation please? Furthermore with all the delays from multiple causes, are we all still in it?

I'm still here, but am really looking forward to the end of this game! No whiny diatribes this time out, just the way it is... :)

I'm still in it. I think BCLG is getting a little sick of it. The trouble is he can't really step out without letting the team down until those transports are in my culture, but that's precisely what LP is trying to prevent from happening. It's frustrating anyway because they'd have been there a while ago except for a number of screw-ups of ours earlier on.

I kind of agree in any case that we either need everyone fully on board with these long pauses or to find a different solution.

Apologies for the rant earlier, I was just frustrated at having the exact same login issue needlessly occur after we'd reloaded to fix it.

I'm still in the game, of course. Just waiting on the reload (again). :)

Looks like everyone's still around. Dave, probably an idea to do the reload before any more turns get taken. I'm around most of the day today so can login soon after you post here. :)

??????? So you just logged in without bothering to check??????

For your information, it was ridiculously late at night when I saw Dave's message, so I logged in to pause while I got ready for bed, then exited without having done anything. I assumed I'd be able to play in a few hours without completely unnecessary and wacky hassles like this. (Which would have been now, if you hadn't insisted on logging in before you were supposed to yet again.)

Why did you do the same thing again for no reason? You know damned well that I would have stopped you doing that sneak move if you'd played in your proper order. Is that why you did it again and then tried to argue to "carry on"? Bit lame and silly if so. We've also all talked many times about the need to play our turns in sequence. Have you suddenly decided the rules don't apply to you again?

Sorry, but this just makes me angry. You've now wasted even more time by forcing yet another reload. I explained why I was unable to play earlier, that doesn't justify taking your turn out of order not once but twice.

I didn't think it would be necessary to get a sub given that I originally thought I'd only be away briefly. Plus, getting a sub for a turn that takes multiple hours to play properly is not really practical. A single mistake could tip the game, and if any are made I'd want to take full responsibility for that rather than blaming a sub. Still, I'll look at the option in future. Either way, it's no excuse for your behaviour just now with the deliberate out-of-order login only hours after the game went up again.

Yes, the turn has been moving slowly lately, and that should be fixed soon. But you're not helping by forcing us to waste yet more time with another reload. :rolleyes:

If the turn is reloaded then fine, I will wait until 24 hours are left on the clock and attempt to abide by the turn sequence order if i am able. If i am not able and depending on what needs to be done I may not. If there are pointless pauses then I will likely just play my turn anyways, if this is not acceptable then I'll simply switch my civ over to Irgy.

edit- longer post removed, it is clear that any dialogue with you just ruins the thread for everyone else and brings about no great changes. You obviously have one way to play this game and I have another. To save this thread from resorting in to further posts like the one above this will likely be my last post within it. Therefore, I have enjoyed the game and enjoyed playing with the majorit of people within it and thank you very much for hosting it Dave. I will continue to play unless I am informed otherwise.

For the record, the point at which the turn will be reloaded is with about 26 hours on the clock. That's why I logged in to pause when it came up last time, so it wouldn't eat into anyone else's time. I should be able to play within a couple of hours of the game coming up again as long as it's not during sleeping hours.

Stuck in diplo screen... anyone happen to be around to unpause right now?

Never mind, I'll try again in a few more hours.

Okay, it's your turn. :)

Paused for BCLG and myself. Seems a bit counterproductive for him to miss his turn after all that. :)

As for me, don't hold up the game on my account. I don't have much time to play until late Sunday, and I can stand to miss this turn if need be.

Paused for BCLG and myself. Seems a bit counterproductive for him to miss his turn after all that. :)

As for me, don't hold up the game on my account. I don't have much time to play until late Sunday, and I can stand to miss this turn if need be.
So after all this, neither of you play for four whole days without any notice? Not that annoyed, more amused at the irony. ;)

Anyway, a few hours ago we had a huge earthquake here, and are continuing to get multiple big aftershocks. Apparently most of the city is lacking power, and though for now we're one of the lucky ones that have it, that could change at any moment. If I disappear for a few days then that's why.

So after all this, neither of you play for four whole days without any notice? Not that annoyed, more amused at the irony. ;)

I think part of the reason BCLG has been a little militant about playing at times which have annoyed you is that he's been quite busy on top of somewhat having lost interest.

I'm starting to think it will be better for both BCLG and the game in general if I took over the Vikings, I just felt (and still feel) a bit out of place suggesting it.

Anyway, a few hours ago we had a huge earthquake here, and are continuing to get multiple big aftershocks. Apparently most of the city is lacking power, and though for now we're one of the lucky ones that have it, that could change at any moment. If I disappear for a few days then that's why.

I'd just heard, and was worried for you. Bigger than the last one apparently. Was glad to see you'd just posted. Good to hear you're ok, I hope the same extends to your friends and family.

Top Bottom