1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Testing Version 1 Released!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Falklands War' started by Flying Pig, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

My apology for the delayed reply; I was out of town for a conference and although I had internet the entire time, I didn't have the time for the forum.

I see you released a patch and I'm about to 'give it a go'. Thanks again for the MOD, it's a lot of fun.

2. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

Update - I can still build warriors (ancient era units).

3. Flying Pig

Flying Pig Utrinque Paratus Retired Moderator

I can't on my version that I have. Are you sure you downloaded the new one and replaced the old one?

4. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

I'll download and give it another go. I'll update tonight.

5. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

Again, sorry for the late update - removed, downloaded, installed, played, and built a warrior in the ancient era.

6. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

By the way, I keep playing, and I use the "editor" to attach cruise missles, add units to Argentine areas, give myself some units and I make the most of it.

Great work so far, this is really good stuff.

7. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

Nice scenario :)

Keep up the good work

8. Flying Pig

DisAstro, can you build warriors? I take it you downloaded it very recently.

9. Voyhkah

Voyhkah Political Activist

The Download is broken. :( I was really looking forward to playing this mod!

10. Flying Pig

I'll try and put it back up. Unfortunately, as you may know, I had to take an extended break not too long ago from the forum, modding and normal life in general and work on the mod stopped, but I might be able to resume doing it whne I'm less busy

EDIT 7/1: HERE

11. nevorian

nevorian Chieftain

is there anywhere I can download this from? I clicked the link and it took me to Gamefront, but it says the file is unavailable. this has happened several times. I REALLY want to play it!

12. Flying Pig

See my above post - it links to 'mediafire' or something. The thing works, but as I can't do Python the victory conditions are as normal Civ IV (ie: difficult!) and there are no events. Does anyone have the skill and/or time and inclination to sort this out?

13. nevorian

nevorian Chieftain

thank you! I downloaded your UK civ for BTS by the way - really good :D! it's always p'd me off how Firaxis always did it as England - so much of our culture is about the Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish

14. nevorian

nevorian Chieftain

IT'S NOT WORKING!!! I try to load it up, but the game becomes unresponsive - "Civilization IV BTS has stopped workinh" etc! is there something wrong?

15. Flying Pig

No idea. I'll try and fix it tomorrow, if I remember.

16. angelitocarc

angelitocarc Chieftain

if you want you can make a diplomatic vote of the onu with the reason of the recuperation of the ISLAS MALVINAS from part of argentina :rolleyes: the falkland islands(islas malvinas) are in the martim plataform of argenina. sorry for my bad inglish im argentinian

17. Flying Pig

That would be fantastic as an idea except that with only two factions it would require a complete re-working of the UN (the English spelling of ONU) system and I can't see under what grounds - that the player could influence - the vote would be given either way besides.

In my no doubt worse Spanish:

Sería una idea fantástica, pero, porque hay sólo dos facciones, eso requeriría una completa reelaboración del sistema de la ONU y no puedo ver por qué motivos - que el jugador podría influir - la votación se verían influidas, además.

I think from a trouble-shooting point of view it's going to need a complete re-working from scratch; I have no idea what the problem is but it seems to be nasty. Could take some time.

18. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I have time, and i probably have the skill (my python skillz have dramatically increased since the last update of this), but unfortunately I can't do it - my laptop's video card (and by extension, the whole motherboard) burned out and i haven't been able to replace it.

19. Flying Pig

Sounds like fun - if you get it fixed let me know and I'll send the stuff over

20. angelitocarc

angelitocarc Chieftain

thanks for the answer im downloading the mod, shure its a grat mod keep it up:goodjob: