The 2000 Hour Club...

I'm surprised more people aren't hitting this considering the COVID-69 outbreak.

I've actually recently hit it, but this quarantine also let's me play a lot of different games I would normally not play : P Spent nearly 200 hours in Planet zoo since the quarantine began, so yeah....

Now you'd think I was watching out for this number, but I just happened to look at my hours after playing a couple of hours today :D

3333 hours.PNG

3033. Funny how some of us are around the same amount.

I’m just at around 280 for Civ VI. For Civ V total I had over 850 hours. Civ IV I am unsure how many hours I have, since I played it before Steam was popular.

Well, I finally got in 2000 hours of Civ6 gameplay. So, what else am I going to do with this achievement except to talk about it?

At about 300 hours of gameplay, I began keeping notes on my games, mostly just to keep track of the civs that I've played and the civs that I have played against; whether I won or DNF because of fubar or because of boredom; then eventually how many turns, hours, and days I spent on each game. Notable mentions get recorded, such as highly decorated units (Argent Arrows, Gang of Gingers BOOYAH!), or the galley crew that rowed all the way around globe, or my feelings about a competing civ (GORGO. GO. HOME!).

I have recorded notes on 81 games, and I estimate that I'd played about 14 more before that. I played Prince level up to about the Rise & Fall expansion, and since then it has been either King or Emperor. I won't talk about the two games I played as Immortal. Don't ask. I never went Deity. Forty percent of my games result in Victory, mostly Domination. Religious Victories are hard for me, and I only have 2 of those. I have never had a High Score Victory, and I doubt that I ever will -- I don't have the patience to play 500 turns in one game.

I prefer the early, exploration part of games, so unless the game is interesting in other ways, most of my DNF games will end before turn 300. Due to real-life's other distractions, I play on average about 2 hours a day, and at that rate, most of my games take 2-3 weeks.

OK, that's enough talk. Time to play on.

Well, sometime in the next day I'm going to cross the 4K line :beer:

3999 hours.PNG

And I will do so while playing on the only TSL map I'm ever likely to - the Mediterranean with the ancient/classic Civs on board :w00t:
Thanks Firaxis for this excellent addition.

Spoiler :

20210423201251_1.jpg

Congrats! Or would that be consolation. :)

I have been playing offline mode almost exclusively this past year. Currently sitting at 3092.1 hours. Hard to say how much I've put on these past 6 or 8 months I've been running offline mode. Usually not more than one epic game a week, but sometimes I will go several weeks without a game until the new content dropped.

I take it in offline mode, Steam won't record your hours?

Currently just 561 hours for 6;
9,696 for civ5.

Civ is all I play. A little OCD, I suppose, but no other games have appealed to me; particularly the ones I have purchased.
Noticed the likes on this post so I thought I’d give an update:
2,747 hours.

My civ hours according to steam:

Civ 5: 3,353
Beyond Earth: 94.5
Civ 6: 2,824

There's like 10 or 20 in civ 3 and 4 as well

Top Bottom