The 2000 Hour Club...

I’ve spend a rediculous amount of hours on civ 4 (no steam hours count). I was saving up for a new pc and it pretty much was the only game i played for 2 years. When civ 5 launched i did not really touch that game until it was almost out of development. (About 800 hours on steam for civ 5 at the moment). I still think civ 4 is far superior to part 5. And there is still plenty of hours in civ 4 left if i ever wanted to switch back.

I just want this post to be a warning. Be careful out there playing this game folks. This game gave me a Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis. I just got out of the hospital after being in there for 3 days. I still have blood clots, they haven't went away yet. It certainly wasn't my work, I'm fairly active at work.

1286 is my hours. And I don't intend on playing any time soon after what just happened to me. Still I wonder why this happened. I've played World of Warcraft for longer sessions back when I was unemployed. I've done 14 hour days 7 days a week back then, but I was 10 years younger then too...

Just be careful folks, take care of your health, no one else will take care of it for you. You can't reload your life.

I just want this post to be a warning. Be careful out there playing this game folks. This game gave me a Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis. I just got out of the hospital after being in there for 3 days. I still have blood clots, they haven't went away yet. It certainly wasn't my work, I'm fairly active at work.

1286 is my hours. And I don't intend on playing any time soon after what just happened to me. Still I wonder why this happened. I've played World of Warcraft for longer sessions back when I was unemployed. I've done 14 hour days 7 days a week back then, but I was 10 years younger then too...

Just be careful folks, take care of your health, no one else will take care of it for you. You can't reload your life.

:(

Sorry to hear that mate :sad:
I do wonder if it was a combination of sitting still for gaming regardless of what game. Hope you recover well.

Get well soon and take care, buddy !

I think I had about 16,000 on V.

OMFG :eek:

I thought my 6000+ hrs was excessive. (I only got to play so much cos I was in hospital and then basically on sick leave).
I have under half that on Civ VI and I feel I'm done...though I have so many mods to finish :undecide:

Only 1000hrs of BERT but they were quality :D
This game gave me a Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis.

RN R&F/Civ VI is likely to give me a throbbing headache or death by boredom :lol:

Last edited:
I think waiting in lobby for a game is still counted as hours played. That should explain why i have hit 1300 hours. I probably have 200-300 hours running in lobby waiting for a game(or buzy at other stuff while game still counting me as playing it).

That is bad news, one hopes all pipes get the all clear soon enough.
I have 2k hours but a family that forces me to play musical chairs, also many animals that require frequent movement and a smoking habit that helps significantly against DVT.

I surpassed Civ V's hours about a week ago, so Civ VI is now my most played game on Steam. Only at like 430 hours though. But I think I'll at least hit 1000 hours before Civ VII comes out, maybe even 1500 or 2000.

DVT is caused by long periods of sitting down, most smokers have to smoke outside including in their own homes.

Yes! I make sure to avoid DVT with hourly breaks from the desk and going to the garage for a nice, healthy smoke. Okay, so I'm not really thinking of the DVT as much as my deep addiction to nicotine...which I do not fight. At all. Cause I really do enjoy my cigarettes. Its my one vice! Along with Civ6 it seems.

I'm starting to get worried now... I may occasionally sit down for a whole day with only a few toilet breaks.

Okay, so I'm not really thinking of the DVT
I am, the only reason I am doing it :queen:
I may occasionally sit down for a whole day with only a few toilet breaks.
Well at least you have not dropped to the commode level.

Look, stop your worrying, if DVT was really down to this then there would be a lot of wheelchair people spinning out. Its main causes are down to damage rather than lack of use.... my recommendation is that whenever you move an archer you move your legs accordingly (just ignore the strange stares)

Eh, I'm not really worried. :)

Also, I tend to prefer melee class and artillery units (and ranged naval + air units for support later in the game) even though I know it's suboptimal. I sometimes don't even pop the Machinery boost.

I was up to about 400 something hours, however I would often leave the game sitting for hours during the day. I'd play a few turns early in the morning after starting work, then go do things for a while, play a few more turns later, etc.

However I was playing on a household account and just had a bad breakup. He got the Steam account, so I'm starting over (on everything). I'm already up to 13 hours!

My father has nearly 6,000 hours for Civilization 5. He did the same thing as myself though: leaving the game running. He would often even fall asleep while playing. :)

I'm now up to 700 hours of CIV6, on top of close to 2100 hours of CIV5 and 100 of BE... I don'T have the number for civ 3 and 2 (actually stopped playing for the whole CIV4 era)
But those numbers are not mine alone, cause my daughter plays a lot too... so maybe 65-70% mine...

No other games come even close to this as far a time spent (and so replayability)... only one who did was WOW back when, for close to 5 years, but they grabbed $15 a month in my pockets,
so nothing even close as far as value by the buck...

Witcher 3 took about 200 hours, which is very good... Same thing for Divinity OS2... Galciv 2 and 3 were about 100 hours each...

Civ heavily wins on this stat at least ;-)

Top Bottom